Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report : Peru

Bronze
    Load Metric

Trip Report : Peru

Well I thought I would take the time to go through my trip report to Peru which happened a few weeks ago. I went out there for 15 days in total and had a wonderful time. I hope you like

I went with my girlfiend, her sister and her cousin and we leftv from Heathrow airport to get a plane to Madrid which takes about 2 hours and then a plane to Lima in Perus which took about 12 hours. The flights themselves were very good. The short flight was comfortable if unspectacular whereas the long haul flight was great. We were only in economy class but the seats themselves were very spacious and there were full amnetities on the plan including Wi-Fi.

One thing i did note was the cost of WiFi which was incredible. I basically tried to log on to listen to PFA radio and paid $5 for a period of time without paying to much attention to the limitations..Anyway, WiFi lasted a grand total of 32 seconds before i had used my limit...Not my best purchase ever.

We landed in Lima (The capital) and immediately took an internal flight to Cuscos which took about 1 hour and cost about $125 / person. Once we arrived we took a taxi (which are incredibly cheap) to are lodgings about 45 minutes away and paid a total of $3. We deliberately reserved a Peruvian style environment to stay as opposed to a hotel.

Name:  IMAG0190.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  860.7 KB

We were staying for 3 nights and it would out about $140 / person for 3 nights. The place was very homely and in a Peruvian style as wanted. Fresh fruit , was on the side with coco tea and coffee and in the fridge was milk, cheese, jam, eggs and ham with a fresh loaf and rolls on the side. The two rooms were extremely comfortable and the temperature in the evenings was lovely at about 60-70.

On day 2 we took a tour to various Inka sites in and around Cusco, the pictures do not do justice to the size of the various sites and sheer vastness of unspoilt territory.

Name:  IMAG0198.jpg
Views: 911
Size:  1.09 MB
    Name:  IMAG0205.jpg
Views: 868
Size:  1.18 MB
    Name:  IMAG0216.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  1.07 MB

This was like a small cavern underneath the mountaininous area where they used to do human sacrifices. You can just see the platform where this took place and this is always at 3 degrees so very cold. Feels quite errie when standing over it and feeling for yourself.

Name:  IMAG0227.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  899.4 KB

Part 2 below

Comments

MumblesBadly: Cool!

Brittney Griner's Clit: sorry about other thread. Glad I goated you into coontent!

YUUP: Good stuff

Lord of the Fraud: splendid

Baron Von Strucker: I am exausted after reading were is the pool and a waitress
    Last edited by nutty007; 10-20-2015 at 02:50 AM.

Load Metric
    Nice trip report

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Good TR.

Who did you want to fuck the most, the girlfriend, the sister or the cousin? Question has to be asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    PART 2

The following day we decided to go on a hike which took about 8 hours in total and was tiring to say the least. The temperature is very hot all year round during the day.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Name:  IMAG0288.jpg
Views: 918
Size:  1.72 MB

At the end of the day we found a lovely authentic restaurant and ate some great seafood. Myself and my GF's cousin noticed the decor was quite retro and referenced drug use in its styling, we obviously asked the waiter we could get some weed and were directed to this street about 10 minutes away. We found the place in no time and basically walked down this alley and were approached by a man asking what we needed. We purchased 3grams of standard weed and walked on, a succesful transaction all round and now something nice to look forward to after a long days hike...happy days indeed.

We left Cusco in order to get a taxi and then a train up to what we were really here for and that was to see the Machu Pichu. The journey by Perurail takes about 1 hour 30 and was awesome and we were glad we paid the extra. We paid for the superior train which worked out about $75 / person and received a light meal with dessert on the train and experienced some fantastic views.Enjoy

Name:  IMAG0290.jpg
Views: 841
Size:  1.67 MB
    Name:  IMAG0295.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  1.79 MB
    Name:  IMAG0301.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  1.53 MB
    Name:  IMAG0303.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  1.43 MB

Once arrived we had a 20 minute walk to our lodgings. This was a small intimate hotel which was recetly refurbished by a young couple. We paid for 3 nights for a total of $170 / person. The place was clean and well presented and situated on a path on the way to the thermal springs which were 5 minutes away.

The people in Peru are very friendly and very proud. Whilst it is poor and you do get asked to buy things it is not to the degree where you feel hassled and generally speaking if you said no then they took that as the answer. I always ensured i had the equivalent of about $5 available / day just to buy the odd trinket here or there as i appreciate these people are living on a very small monthly wage and rely on tourists to some degree.

Are next mission was a 8 hour hike the day before we go to the Machu Pichu for the first time. This was a wonderful experience and pictures below do not do justice.

For whatever reason there were two huddles of butterflys like this in the middle of a path

Name:  IMAG0303.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  1.43 MB
    Name:  IMAG0310.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  1.55 MB

A banana tree

Name:  IMAG0310.jpg
Views: 787
Size:  1.55 MB

View from the walk

Name:  IMAG0317.jpg
Views: 811
Size:  1.11 MB
    Name:  IMAG0317.jpg
Views: 811

At the end of the hike we were greeted with this .

Name:  IMAG0324.jpg
Views: 799
    We stripped down to our boxers and then embraced the water. Whilst it was freezing it felt incredible as we moved beneath the waterfall itself whilst fighting all the time not to ghet dragged back. I really felt an affinity with life at this time and whilst i know that sounds a little bit gay it just felt magical.

Part 3 below
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Comments

YUUP: More good stuff

Crowe Diddly: Cool report
    Last edited by nutty007; 10-20-2015 at 03:50 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Good TR.

Who did you want to fuck the most, the girlfriend, the sister or the cousin? Question has to be asked.
    I was also wondering this.

Load Metric
    This guy is delivering.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Thumbs up.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    This guy is delivering.

Riiiiiight?

#30minutesaftercallinghimout
    #hisgfandsiswearboxerslmfao

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Belly Buster View Post
    Good TR.

I was also wondering this.

Girlfriend, i would politely pass on both the cousin and sister

Comments

Belly Buster: Tough but fair

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Part 3

The next two days were spent visiting the Machu Pichu, first by bus which is a very scary hour drive zig zagging up and up whereas the hike was about an hour and a half constently up hill. The hike was really really tough and we started at 5 am and by quarter past 5 i was drenched in sweat, it was worthwhile and gave me a real sense of achievement but not for the faint hearted.

Machu Pichu is as you could imagine amazing, I feel slightly privaledged to have been there

Name:  IMAG0341.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  1.15 MB
    Name:  IMAG0343.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  1.08 MB
    Name:  IMAG0345.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  894.3 KB
    Name:  IMAG0348.jpg
Views: 791
Size:  1.13 MB
    Name:  IMAG0349.jpg
Views: 705
Size:  880.1 KB
    Name:  IMAG0351.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  1.12 MB

Overall it takes about 3-4 hours to navigate the whole of the Machu Pichu and entrance fee is about $35. We had one day where we arrived later afternoon and another where we arrived at 06:30am which was great. The only time where it can seem a little touristy is between 11-1 but that is to be expected. I cant explain just had big the whole city was and how the imagination goes wild as you are standing there looking out into the mountains.

Name:  IMAG0360.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  922.3 KB
    Name:  IMAG0367.jpg
Size:  848.0 KB
    Name:  IMAG0368.jpg
Views: 786
Size:  926.5 KB

The two days consisted of seeing the Machu Pichu and enjoying all it has to offer followed by a shower and spa session. I would then typically pop across the road to meet 'Doris' who would give me an hour long massage for $15 before we would then go to an exclusive Italian restaurant down the road and feast until we are waddling out the door.

Then we had a nice gentle walk up the hill to the 'reggae bar' which was owned by a very stoned Peruvian who loved Bob Marley and as it turns out the English. He had no qualms about us sitting at the top level of the bar supping mojitos and smoking some weed whilst listening to 'no women no cry'...good times indeed and Machu Pichu has provided some amazing memories.

Part 4 below

Comments

DRK Star: "Doris" = Boris, Obv

The Shrink: Always wanted to go there
    Last edited by nutty007; 10-20-2015 at 04:13 AM.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    We left Machu Pichu and caught a 5 hour taxi to Puno for 2 days to see Lake Titikaka which is the highest lake in the world and has little reed islands where people live, the river itself supports about 200 reed 'islands and about 3000 people, but i need to rewind as the taxi journey was eventful.

We paid the equivalent of $40 each for this long journey as we didnt want to get the bus which was 6 hours and looked pretty shitty.
    The taxi driver was friendly but spoke no English but my friends speak some Spanish so all was good. About 2 houts into the journey in the middle of nowhere with no signals on all phones the battery light turned on the dashboard and the car ground to a halt. It was early evening and only a few cars would come past infrequently and the whole area was just flat and uninhabited. It was long being in my own B list movie and i half expected death to at least one of the principal characters, it was not a nice feeling.

We were stuck for about 45 minutes as we first thought it could be the alternator and then the battery itself, it turns out it needed distilled water in the battery which we never had but luckily bottle water sufficed. It made the next part of the ride riddled with a certain suspense.

After about 5 hours the taxi driver got lost and we ended up driving around one of the most deprived areas i have ever seen. The place was an absolute shithole but was bustling with people, whilst there wasnt a hostile atmosphere you were very aware that you were in no mans land with a fuckwit of a driver and we were glasd when we got out. We eventually arrived 8 hours later at a medicore hotel in Puno which apart from Lake Titikaka which is fantastic is an absolute dive. Two days was plenty.

Name:  IMAG0396.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  1.38 MB
    Name:  IMAG0386.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  1.12 MB
    Name:  IMAG0400.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  1.69 MB

A nice part of Puno !!

Name:  IMAG0383.jpg
Size:  1.16 MB

Me as the president

Name:  IMAG0398.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  1.17 MB

Final part to follow

Comments

JimmyG_415: That happens in every movie about South America, they are always stuck on hte road.

Crowe Diddly: Lake Titikaka rep

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Final Part

We caugh a bus out of Puno to Arikepa which is futher north and our biggest mistake. The 3 hour journey took 6 six hours, there were frequent stops along the way as the bus became full and there was no air conditioning, in fact, there was no air at all as we sweltered at the front of the bus. My T Shirt was sticking to the seat and developed a dark brown back due to the sweat and dirt mixing. Near the end of the journey people were selling fruit and then someone started selling chicken and guinea pig which stank. It was digusting to see people buying this and then eating it as though it was lobster thermidore, it was disgusting.

But with every tunnel there is light and my girlfriend had booked a 4 day stay in a 4* hotel which was fantastic. We had a wonderful Queen size bed and beautful view with an outdoor pool and a great restaurant attached to it, for 4 days it cost about $125 each which was a bargain. Whilst we did explore we predominently used this time to relax and pamper ourselves with massages and retail therapy for the women.

The final part was a flight back to Lima at about $ 135 / person and 3 nights in a 5* star hotel which was truly glorious. Every possible thing you could ask for was there and my room included a jacuzzi in its own seperate area, food was fanatastic as we ate wonderful sea food and gorged on room service which was 24/7. The room itself was booked for $25 / night via a promotion and it felt incredible to be there as i would not normally afford such indulgences. It was a fitting end to a wonderful trip.

Name:  IMAG0405.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  1.38 MB

I hope youve enjoyed

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: .

DRK Star: Bueno!

smiflorida: great trip report

simpdog: TR

The Shrink: Did enjoy.

BCR: Well done

Belly Buster: TR rep

Dan Druff: nice

WillieMcFML: solid TR rep

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Good Trip Report/Good Pics/Titikaka Rep

gut: well done

gimmick:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thank you for the trip report.

Very interesting stuff, and I love seeing stuff like that posted here.

Thanks for spending $5 to listen to me for 32 seconds, but I can tell you that I'm not worth it.

A few questions about your trip:

1) You mentioned a difficult and lengthy hike to Macchu Picchu. Is that required in order to see it? I ask this because my parents went there about 10 years ago, and to be honest, I couldn't see my mom taking such a difficult hike, especially at that altitude.

2) Speaking of altitude, did you have a hard time adjusting to it? Cusco is at 11,200 feet. I ski that high when I go to Mammoth Mountain, but I am not at 11,000 for more than a few minutes before skiing back down. However, I do spend the day mostly between 9,000 and 11,000, and I am totally fine. But I've been told that a lot of people get sick during their first night in Cusco, and that being at a constant 11,200 causes people problems. I will say that I felt light headed when I went up to both Mauna Kea (13,700) and Pikes Peak (14,100) in recent years, but those are a lot higher than 11,200.

3) On the bus drive up the hill, were there other vehicles, or were the buses the only vehicles allowed up there?

Load Metric
    Never turn down the opportunity to post a Strokes song to read the thread to.

BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

Thanks for spending $5 to listen to me for 32 seconds, but I can tell you that I'm not worth it.

1) You mentioned a difficult and lengthy hike to Macchu Picchu. Is that required in order to see it? I ask this because my parents went there about 10 years ago, and to be honest, I couldn't see my mom taking such a difficult hike, especially at that altitude.

2) Speaking of altitude, did you have a hard time adjusting to it? Cusco is at 11,200 feet. I ski that high when I go to Mammoth Mountain, but I am not at 11,000 for more than a few minutes before skiing back down. However, I do spend the day mostly between 9,000 and 11,000, and I am totally fine. But I've been told that a lot of people get sick during their first night in Cusco, and that being at a constant 11,200 causes people problems. I will say that I felt light headed when I went up to both Mauna Kea (13,700) and Pikes Peak (14,100) in recent years, but those are a lot higher than 11,200.

3) On the bus drive up the hill, were there other vehicles, or were the buses the only vehicles allowed up there?
    I know a guy who was a very seasoned walker, very fit, who got bad altitude sickness in Cusco, so yes, it can be a problem.
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

Load Metric

Cool

This is the best thread on here so far this year. Great pictures of places I have never seen and probably never will. Thank You for posting and thanks to everyone for not fuckin it up.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Im glad you liked the report, in answer to your questions.

1) The minimum hike is about an hour and a half up hill all the way and is very gruelling, however, you can catch a bus, but this itself is quite scary.

2) I had no problem adjusting and likewise who i was with and didnt have to take anything. It was noticable how high was in the sense that getting my breath back took longer but other than that i had no ill effects of the altitude. I would not recommend the hike though for elderly or those who naturally struggle.

3) Yes there were other vehicles but predominently buses. It is scary though as the road zig zags up hill and they are very narrow roads, you are very aware that one mistake and you are dead.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by IamGreek View Post
    This is the best thread on here so far this year. Great pictures of places I have never seen and probably never will. Thank You for posting and thanks to everyone for not fuckin it up.
    Thanks , i appreciate that. I plan on posting my report from my trip to Transylvania earler this year which you will probably like.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Altitude sickness is a real son of a bitch. I had my first experience with it while in Peru riding the 2nd highest train in the world, from Lima to Huancayo. The misery only gets worse until you take the miracle cure of descending in altitude. Now I'm overly cautious and try to avoid going anywhere above 6000 feet.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Damn Dude, You set the trip report bar high, nice job...I didn't see any golf holes in your pics, so Peru is not at the top of my list but well done...

Thread Information