Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $$$ New England Fall Foliage Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

$$$ New England Fall Foliage Thread

Ah, my favorite season is here and the foliage is starting very late this year in my region. I don't really have to travel anywhere to see amazing colors as it is everywhere. I snapped a couple pics while driving home today from my car and will try and get some better ones to add to this thread over the coming days.

Load Metric
    I am still waiting for it to the colors to change.

At least you have crazy blue sky.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 970
Size:  153.4 KB

Load Metric
    Wow! The last two posts sum up my feelings perfectly. Autum in New England is the best time of the year. I miss it greatly. But in 2 months, maybe less..... Give me the backyard pool in December.

I do miss it though.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I goto.get out of the bronx.... someone post an optistic picture of the bronx..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    Wow! The last two posts sum up my feelings perfectly. Autum in New England is the best time of the year. I miss it greatly. But in 2 months, maybe less..... Give me the backyard pool in December.

I do miss it though.
    I buzzed down to the Keys for a week. You couldn't throw a rock without hitting someone from Germany or Switzerland. Bumped into a herd of Germans on Harley's touring the Keys. Funniest bastards I met in a long time.

What's that all about with the Germans right now?

Heading to Florida during Octoberfest makes about as much sense as me leaving Mass in October.

Comments

thesparten: :-)

Load Metric
    Leaves are pretty while they are in the trees.

Then the sorry bastards fall.

You have to rake them.

You have to pile them.

You have to burn them.

I've got a big fucking yard. 1 gigantic pecan tree. 1 Hackberry tree. 1 Elm tree. 3 Maple trees(those fuckers pump out the leaves). 2 big Pine trees(Pine needles are a bitch to rake, but they burn good). 1 Oak tree.

Leaves = a lot of work when I could be watching football.

Leaves are like a hot woman with a shitty personality.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post

You have to rake them.

You have to pile them.

You have to burn them.

I've got a big fucking yard. 1 gigantic pecan tree. 1 Hackberry tree. 1 Elm tree. 3 Maple trees(those fuckers pump out the leaves). 2 big Pine trees(Pine needles are a bitch to rake, but they burn good). 1 Oak tree.

I saw those trees once. In a museum in Brooklyn..

Lets trade houses for a couple of weeks mr. Temple.

The weed.is in.the cigar box.. the bar has crystal skull.vodka, dewars, patron silver, johnnie blue and vermouth. The small mirrored jewlery box(self evident)..

Make yourself at home.. enjoy the 9 x 9 yard and the potted plants in the front. There new. They stole the last ones..
    Last edited by thesparten; 10-16-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

You have to rake them.

You have to pile them.

You have to burn them.

The weed.is in.the cigar box.. the bar has crystal skull.vodka, dewars, patron silver, johnnie blue and vermouth. The small mirrored jewlery box(self evident)..

Make yourself at home.. enjoy the 9 x 9 yard and the potted plants in the front. There new. They stole the last ones..
    Deal.

Thanks for the weed.

The leaf rake is on the back porch. Careful, there is a possum that comes foraging for food at night back there. Hes an ugly bastard. Home made wine in the refrigerator. Come down and relax. Town is 98% White. Everybody has guns so no crime. Forget your problems for awhile.

Comments

Belly Buster: Verbal declaration in position is binding

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have made 3 attempts to see the foliage, two of which were tacked onto other trips where I hoped the fall colors would be there.

In 2007, I was in Atlantic City in mid-September and decided to drive to northern Vermont and New Hampshire to catch the foliage. It was too early, so there was very little. However, when I went up the Kancamugus Highway (which has elevation), the colors were beautiful and that was my only real look at full fall foliage. Unfortunately, this only lasts for a short time until it descends again, so I was back to the green/yellow trees after about 30 min.

In 2012, I took an east coast road trip that was specifically built around the foliage, in mid-October -- the expected peak time for the foliage. And color-wise, it was peak time that year, but a few days before I got there, a brutal wind storm blew down most of the leaves. So I didn't get to see much, except bare trees. I did find a little strip in extreme western Maine which was protected from the elements, so I saw some nice foliage there.

In 2015, I finished a cruise in Quebec City on September 18. I attempted to find foliage in Quebec, but came up completely empty, as unseasonably warm weather kept the leaves from changing.

One day I will finally hit the foliage at the peak time when rain/wind hasn't blown down the leaves.

I hope my attempt to see the northern lights in Fairbanks (coming in 2016 or 2017) doesn't meet equivalent futility.

Comments

thesparten: Sounds a little like my life..at least u get out of the kitchen..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Right now it is peaking in VT / NH and Maine, I am very close to all 3 and it is starting to peak. I def want to check out the Northern lights as well

Load Metric

You have to rake them.

You have to pile them.

You have to burn them.

Break out the wallet and get one of these:

Name:  CycloneRakeXL.jpg
Views: 830
Size:  111.2 KB
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

You have to rake them.

You have to pile them.

You have to burn them.

Is that u.mumbles????

That thing is bigger then my back yard.. but cool

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Deal.

Thanks for the weed.

The leaf rake is on the back porch. Careful, there is a possum that comes foraging for food at night back there. Hes an ugly bastard. Home made wine in the refrigerator. Come down and relax. Town is 98% White. Everybody has guns so no crime. Forget your problems for awhile.
    Where do u live again??

Im do for a vacation was planning to go to texas for vacation primarily and look around for buisness opportunity.. set up a coffee shop if the feeling was right....

I so really want to go suburban..I can survive in the 2 rents I collect here becouse of the low cost of living in middle america..

Nothing immediate but the seed has been planted a while ago and is starting to sprout..

We only have a couple of years left on the lease at the restaurant.. if???? The landlord(jew) renews it, it will be just shy of 50k a month.. if he does renew we will sell it with the new lease and I get my 10%

If he doesnt we will just stop.paying the rent and collect as many months as we can then disdolve the corp...

In either case I would like to leave n.y. I have one renter and if I.leave that will be 2 rents.. nothing tremendous but it will afford me some free time to reexamine my direction..

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    we dont Come to Boston and slap the cock out of your mouth
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    we dont Come to Boston and slap the cock out of your mouth
    Im not the one with the gay "trendy" tat,s...fag

Texas or wyoming or colorado.. of course the population centers, not outskirts..those area are the best buisness opportunities..

Bosto, Detroit, cali, n.y, chicago ect ect...run away and take your taxes and investment money away..

Load Metric
    nice reminds me so much of New Jersey this time of year

Load Metric

Is that u.mumbles????

That thing is bigger then my back yard.. but cool
    That's not me. But the company licensed my poker skill to help vacuum up the leaves.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Ah, my favorite season is here and the foliage is starting very late this year in my region. I don't really have to travel anywhere to see amazing colors as it is everywhere. I snapped a couple pics while driving home today from my car and will try and get some better ones to add to this thread over the coming days.

I *thought* that looked like Lowell. The house at the fire hydrant off-camera to the right is for sale per this listing:

http://www.blueprintbrokers.com/real...07301/23992057

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  53.0 KB

(The Internet is *amazing*!)

Load Metric

You have to rake them.

You have to pile them.

You have to burn them.

or one of these.... fuck raking!

Name:  images-3.jpeg
Views: 656
Size:  16.2 KB
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    I have made 3 attempts to see the foliage, two of which were tacked onto other trips where I hoped the fall colors would be there.

In 2007, I was in Atlantic City in mid-September and decided to drive to northern Vermont and New Hampshire to catch the foliage. It was too early, so there was very little. However, when I went up the Kancamugus Highway (which has elevation), the colors were beautiful and that was my only real look at full fall foliage. Unfortunately, this only lasts for a short time until it descends again, so I was back to the green/yellow trees after about 30 min.

In 2012, I took an east coast road trip that was specifically built around the foliage, in mid-October -- the expected peak time for the foliage. And color-wise, it was peak time that year, but a few days before I got there, a brutal wind storm blew down most of the leaves. So I didn't get to see much, except bare trees. I did find a little strip in extreme western Maine which was protected from the elements, so I saw some nice foliage there.

In 2015, I finished a cruise in Quebec City on September 18. I attempted to find foliage in Quebec, but came up completely empty, as unseasonably warm weather kept the leaves from changing.

One day I will finally hit the foliage at the peak time when rain/wind hasn't blown down the leaves.

I hope my attempt to see the northern lights in Fairbanks (coming in 2016 or 2017) doesn't meet equivalent futility.

Can't you just go to Sacramento? Looks like fucking Ohio up there.

Name:  small-halloween02.png
Views: 541
Size:  443.3 KB

Comments

Dan Druff: did Marty take this pic?

Thread Information