Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nevada Gaming Control Board to Fantasy Sports operators: STOP, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

Load Metric

Nevada Gaming Control Board to Fantasy Sports operators: STOP, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

15 minutes ago from Legalsportsreport.com
    http://www.legalsportsreport.com/517...s-dfs-illegal/

Full Notice Letter: http://gaming.nv.gov/modules/showdoc...cumentid=10481

Shit's going down...

Load Metric
    who is locking down www.sealswithdrafts.com?

Comments

JimmyG_415:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Going out on a limb: I don't think the WSOP's main sponsors won't be DraftKings anymore.

Load Metric
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not surprising.

This scandal got regulators' attention, and Nevada realized they were being chumps by letting these sites steal gaming revenue from them on their own home turf.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Not surprising.

This scandal got regulators' attention, and Nevada realized they were being chumps by letting these sites steal gaming revenue from them on their own home turf.
    Agreed, they are going to make them pay 3 million + for a licence and maybe more and that's if they approve something like this which is clearly gambling.

Darren Rovell from ESPN tweeted out that investors more than likely didn't think or bank on this being "gambling" when they sunk all this money into these sites.

While there is skill involved it is clearly gambling obv. Only a matter of time before the dominoes fall

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Upon thinking about this further, I think NV Gaming regulators came up with two conclusions:

1) This is gambling, yet the state is getting nothing out of it, nor are they licensed or under any Nevada regulations as every other form of gambling in the state.

2) This whole thing looks shady as hell.

So rather than attacking it from the scandal point of view (which is much harder to do from a legal standpoint), they are just taking the easy route, calling it gambling (which it is), and banning them for not having a license.

Can't say I blame them. I would probably also ban this if I were on the NV Gaming board.

Load Metric
    druff hates freedom

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: not a misclick

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well they locked Micon up for bitcoins so why aren't they banging in the doors of the guys running this stuff?

Is it because of the UIGEA loophole?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Well they locked Micon up for bitcoins so why aren't they banging in the doors of the guys running this stuff?

Because they aren't breaking criminal law by running it.

They are exploiting a carve-out in the UIGEA that was not intended in the first place, so they are just banning it and not charging anyone criminally.

However, I would like to see a full investigation into the current scandal (by the FBI, not NV Gaming) and the jailing of anyone who profited from accessing player data.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Not surprising.

Agreed, they are going to make them pay 3 million + for a licence and maybe more and that's if they approve something like this which is clearly gambling.

Darren Rovell from ESPN tweeted out that investors more than likely didn't think or bank on this being "gambling" when they sunk all this money into these sites.

While there is skill involved it is clearly gambling obv. Only a matter of time before the dominoes fall
    The VCs probably thought they could skirt on those fees and taxes b/c of this silly loophole. Like they think the law is set and stone and states can't change it when they please.

It is because of the pursuit by these VCs of unfettered growth (and the gamblers running these sites looking for a quick buck) that really is going to ruin this for everyone.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Good View Of The Situation Rep

Load Metric

Wink

They are exploiting a carve-out in the UIGEA that was not intended in the first place, so they are just banning it and not charging anyone criminally.

However, I would like to see a full investigation into the current scandal (by the FBI, not NV Gaming) and the jailing of anyone who profited from accessing player data.
    Feds cause we've seen how tough NVG is with other unlicensed gaming activity.

Baby steps toward the sunlight of reality.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

It's sad that when I read "NVG", I thought, "What does 2+2 have to do with this?"

Actually I think 2+2 might have to do with it, as I believe it was there where Aguiar allegedly posted instructions on how to dodge restrictions in states where DFS isn't allowed. At least that's where I believe it is being alleged he posted that.

I don't know. I haven't seen the posts, but just read the NY Times article about the FBI investigation into him.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    druff hates freedom
    No, I hate insider cheating and shadiness.

Once again an unregulated gambling site uses insider information to cheat players. I know this hasn't been fully proven yet, but the writing is on the wall.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'll tell you another thing that I used to LOL at in the fanduel ads because America is so anti-gambling.

One of the ads starts off with some kid saying "MAN, FIRST TIME I TRIED FANUEL I WAS HOOKED"

Not that it is a huge deal but when you are in a "gambling" market it is probably not the smartest thing to be talking about how someone got hooked

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

It's sad that when I read "NVG", I thought, "What does 2+2 have to do with this?"

Actually I think 2+2 might have to do with it, as I believe it was there where Aguiar allegedly posted instructions on how to dodge restrictions in states where DFS isn't allowed. At least that's where I believe it is being alleged he posted that.

I don't know. I haven't seen the posts, but just read the NY Times article about the FBI investigation into him.
    I have been searching for the post, too. That's way worse than the alleged incident where he looked something up on his phone, because one could always argue "he said/he said".

But a post? That's not only bad for him, but also DK and all of DFS.

FBI interviewing customers makes me believe they are trying to find out if any employee of DK instructed players to deposit using shady methods.

Load Metric
    I hear Antigua is a good place to run an illegal site....Draftkings 2.0 from Antigua.

Load Metric
    I mean Nevada could have at least let Massachsetts or some other communist state ban this shit first before they dropped the ban hammer so they could at least look somewhat unbiased. Not a fan of DFS but this is LOL bullshit.

Thread Information