Thread: Trip report

Load Metric

Trip report

So I was gonna go to Maine but had a cold weekend in Cleveland and thought I wanna be at least reasonably warm. Good decision as Maine was wet and cold if I would have went there.

I chose Virginia beach to go to with the pup. Only 9 hrs away for pups first trip. Decided to stay overnight at an air bnb room on the way. It was in Delaware and chose a private room as opposed to whole house. In the future will do whole house even for stopovers. Dog barked at every noise of other guests at this house so got shit for sleep anyways. Left there at 4am to continue on. Delaware overall gave me a weird vibe and I won't ever return. Only memorable event was while twisting and turning through the mountains of West Virginia a bobcat or some similar big cat with a cropped tail crossed in front of my car.

Arrived at Virginia beach early. Perfect weather for me high 70s with filtered sun. House I rented was in a quiet neighborhood and was very comfy. Pooch loved the beach. Dug forever in sand. Had to keep her leashed in the waves because she is still small and surf was high. It was relaxing sitting there with her on my lap after she pooped out bundled in a towel. Boardwalk was nice to stroll along. A few dudes tried hitting on me the most memorable could have been an uncle of suicide king. Did not encourage anything with anyone due to traveling alone.

Pros of Virginia beach, a lot less transients and drug addicts than Santa Monica. Big con is naval base is near and they fly fighter planes all fucking day long until 10pm. At first I was like this is cool...then it quickly turns into fuck this is annoying. For this reason will never return.

Went to restaurants that allowed dogs only. Had a crab soup at one that caused all night shits so cooked from that point on at the house.

Last night there dog woke me at 3am. Went downstairs and she shit all over kitchen, diarrhea of course. Took her out and she puked and shit some more. Thot fuck I'm up might as well start driving back. Went to bed at midnight after 3 glasses of wine and wasn't sure if I was still toasted to drive. Decided it was combo of some alcohol and lack of sleep, packed up the suv and headed towards home. I didn't do an air bnb on way back, shit was pricey and I was ready to be back home. About an hour or so into trip dog starts puking and squirting shit in the car. Pull off highway some military type exit and walkedher in freezing rain to get the rest of it out of her system. Use napkins to get puke up in the car and took car matt full of the runs out and rub it on wet grass off exit to get it off. The smell was horrific. Stood in rain and said fml.

I pulled off road when I thought I would fall asleep, not really sleep just rest, then continue on, rinse and repeat. All I have to say is FUCK WASHINGTON DC TRAFFIC. What should have been a 9 hour trip turned into 12. At least pup was spent from being sick and slept on my left leg the entire way.

It was good to get away and clear my head, gonna go somewhere in late January, early February as my job sucks and need a vaca every 3 months. As far as relationships go, I am done. When I'm ready it's gonna be fuck and get the fuck out type deals.

Comments

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Good Read/Fuck Get The Fuck Out/I'm In For That Rep

4Dragons: TR

gimmick:

Gordman: +1 for the TR

Dan Druff: i even enjoyed the diarrhea part

smiflorida: fuck and get the fuck out rep

Wiganer: Top

big dick: splitthis is god

Pooh: sounded like a splendid trip. tight life.

simpdog: trip report rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Delaware overall gave me a weird vibe

yes he's really disturbing

Comments

4Dragons: Beat me to it

WillieMcFML: it was the big ass thumbnail
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    you should've hit me up - I would've given u a stabbin

Load Metric
    was just there a month ago for a wedding

Chicks Oyster Bar and Thirty 7 North for food and partied late night at Hot Tuna

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    And when he says stabbin, you know he means stabbin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiganer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    And when he says stabbin, you know he means stabbin.
    Name:  elliot rodger deal with it.gif
Views: 530
Size:  1.50 MB

Comments

Dan Druff: genuine lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Thanks for the report. Always enjoy reading stuff like that on this site. Even Marty's Mexico reports were enjoyable to read.

A few questions:

1) Why are you using Airbnb? Because of the dog? Personally I don't enjoy staying with strangers. Renting a whole house is better, I guess, but still feels a little bit weird.

2) Did you research any of these destinations prior to the trip, or did you just get in the car and drive?

3) Any idea where you will go in January/February? The problem with those months is that everywhere in the country is cold, except for the southern states (and even some of those are cold, if inland). I know you also live in a cold area, but I never enjoyed traveling when it's cold outside, except to ski.

Cleaning up dog diarrhea is the worst. When my dog was 14 years old, she was senile and started to forget to hold it when she needed to piss or shit. The worst was when she had diarrhea, as she was unable to hold it, and was no longer aware enough to come in and wake me up to take her out. For this reason, when she had diarrhea, I would gate her in the kitchen while I slept, so she didn't ruin the carpet. One morning I woke up to find that not only did she shit on the kitchen floor, but she smeared it all over every inch of the floor. It was the most disgusting sight I had ever seen. I got out a mop and a bucket, and I just put out of my mind what I was doing and what I was cleaning, until it was done. Then I had to clean her up, as it was all over her fur, and again I had to just completely tune out what I was doing, and breathe through my mouth the entire time.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Why the fuck would you go on a 10 hour trip in a car with a puppy if you are only going away for a couple nights?

My stupid friend want us to get am airbnb in Manhattan in a couple weeks. I've never done airbnb but I have zero desire to stay in a strangers place/bed.

Load Metric
    Would love to drive right across America one day.. Drinking in them country & western type bars while staying in seedy little motels along the way.

Lifelong ambition that actually.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Also Split. If you don't want the hassle of meets and awkwardness before getting your hands on the cock... then just shove this mushroom up your gluebox.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ter_mailonline
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    Always thought Maine would be a cool state to visit because of all the rivers and lakes there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Always thought Maine would be a cool state to visit because of all the rivers and lakes there.
    I feel like its basically Canada... brutal winters and mosquitos the size of sparrows in the summer.

Comments

herbertstemple: Yeah, there is kind of a small window of time to go there.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Thanks for the report. Always enjoy reading stuff like that on this site. Even Marty's Mexico reports were enjoyable to read.

A few questions:

1) Why are you using Airbnb? Because of the dog? Personally I don't enjoy staying with strangers. Renting a whole house is better, I guess, but still feels a little bit weird.

2) Did you research any of these destinations prior to the trip, or did you just get in the car and drive?

3) Any idea where you will go in January/February? The problem with those months is that everywhere in the country is cold, except for the southern states (and even some of those are cold, if inland). I know you also live in a cold area, but I never enjoyed traveling when it's cold outside, except to ski.

Cleaning up dog diarrhea is the worst. When my dog was 14 years old, she was senile and started to forget to hold it when she needed to piss or shit. The worst was when she had diarrhea, as she was unable to hold it, and was no longer aware enough to come in and wake me up to take her out. For this reason, when she had diarrhea, I would gate her in the kitchen while I slept, so she didn't ruin the carpet. One morning I woke up to find that not only did she shit on the kitchen floor, but she smeared it all over every inch of the floor. It was the most disgusting sight I had ever seen. I got out a mop and a bucket, and I just put out of my mind what I was doing and what I was cleaning, until it was done. Then I had to clean her up, as it was all over her fur, and again I had to just completely tune out what I was doing, and breathe through my mouth the entire time.
    I like the concept of Airbnb for a few reasons. It's a middle finger to corporate hotels and overall are cheaper and have more perks. I had a 3 bedroom house with everything I needed plus cable and free internet. I agree staying just in a private room was not comfortable for me although everyone in house was very friendly and accommodating. I didn't feel like every time I turned around there was another fee for basic shit. The host was a phone call away for anything I needed or had a concern about. It was quiet I didn't have to listen to late night drunks bouncing down the halls or a maid always looking for when I was leaving room to clean it. The dog is also another reason, didn't have to dress to go out with dog at 5am pee. Went in my jammies.

I didnt research before going, hadn't been there, went to see it.

I may fly in January/February somewhere tropical with pup of course. Driving anywhere in winter months is sketchy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post
    Why the fuck would you go on a 10 hour trip in a car with a puppy if you are only going away for a couple nights?

My stupid friend want us to get am airbnb in Manhattan in a couple weeks. I've never done airbnb but I have zero desire to stay in a strangers place/bed.
    Hotels are strange places and strange beds. The purpose of a vacation is to get away, decompress. Most every vacation I have ever had barring a few under 18 trips, by the end of vacation was ready to return home with a better appreciation.

Comments

sonatine: strange places and strange beds rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

I may fly in January/February somewhere tropical with pup of course. Driving anywhere in winter months is sketchy.
    You ain't kidding! I avoided this pileup by about 22 hours making a delivery in MI this past winter.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information