Thread: *Official* MLB Ballparks Trip Reports

Load Metric

*Official* MLB Ballparks Trip Reports

Even if you're not the biggest baseball fan in the world (like me now) few can dispute what a great experience it is to go to a game live. I mentioned in Druff's Dodgers thread that I'm going to a couple of games this summer and would like to hit up a couple of new ballparks in the next few months as well.

I have been to Wrigley Field (Cubs) between 15-20 times, U.S Cellular Field (White Sox) twice, once for the 2003 HR Derby, Old Comiskey Park (White Sox), Great American Ballpark (Reds), Riverfront Stadium (old Reds park), Progressive Field (Indians, formerly Jacobs Field), Miller Park (Brewers), County Stadium (old Brewers park), Chase Field (Diamondbacks, at that time Bank One Ballpark), Camden Yards (Orioles), Busch Stadium (Cardinals), Turner Field (Braves), Three Rivers (old Pirates) and I feel like I'm forgetting one or two but that's all I got right now.

Name:  WrigleyFieldScoreboard.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  197.2 KB

I've sat in almost all areas of Wrigley (bleachers FTW). Obviously it's classic/charming etc. but lacks so much of the comfort of newer parks, definitely getting by on its reputation and historic nature. The food is overpriced, as it is at every park, but Wrigley Field food sucks. The seats are uncomfortable as well but it's definitely worth a visit for anybody. Definitely the most charming park I've ever been to, even though I'm biased, but most Cub fans think it's hands down the best. I'm more realistic.

My list doesn't really include any of the 'best' parks according to guides/talking heads. I really liked Busch Stadium (the new one?) in St. Louis and Miller Park in Milwaukee. But the most fun I've ever had at a ballpark was in...

Name:  Tigres_Del_Licey_Logo.png
Views: 196
Size:  74.6 KB

A team in the Dominican Republic. The park is nothing fancy but the passion of the fans was amazing; every out/hit/anything caused huge crowd eruptions, cheerleaders dancing on the dugouts, dirt cheap El Presidente beer and good food. I went a few years ago in October and several MLB stars were in attendance: Sammy Sosa (lol), Hanley Ramirez, Pedro Martinez etc. The Yankees-Phillies were in the World Series, and the game would stop and show every Robinson Cano (a Dominican, obv) at-bat during the World Series. It was awesome.

Where have you guys been to?

Load Metric
    If you've never been to Citizens Bank Park I highly suggest you make the trip out there. One of the nicest and most entertaining ballparks I've seen, and I have been to quite a few. The Nationals stadium is really enjoyable too, especially when we take it over with Phillies fans.

Load Metric
    I'm not a big baseball fan but I've been to a few parks...

Municipal Stadium
    Jacobs Field
    Wrigley
    Busch Stadium (old one)
    Tiger Stadium (old one)

I'll be going to a game at Yankee Stadium in a couple weeks.

Load Metric
    I'm not a huge fan of seeing parks just to say i've went, but i have been to the Metrodome (probably 30-ish times for the Twins, mainly as a kid when I lived there, but most recently i flew back to see the game 163 in 2009 where they beat the Tigers...best game I've ever seen live), old three rivers in pitt, coors field, and thats about it. Im sure i'll see the new Target field in MN sometime soon.

Load Metric
    1. Fenway
    2. Wrigley
    3. Citizens Bank
    4. Camden Yards
    5. Old Yankee Stadium
    6. Veterans Stadium
    6. Shea Stadium

That's how I'd rank the parks I've been to. Being outside of Fenway is one of my favorite experiences as a sports fan. It makes me want to move to Boston.

Load Metric
    I went on a roadtrip with 3 buddies a few years ago. I will see if i can find the entire trip report.

Cliffs: Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, NY (old Yankees), Philly, Baltimore, Chicago (Cubs), St Louis, & KC. 9 stadiums in 10 days with a one day layover in NYC. We were actually going to hit both Wrigley and US Cellular in one day but it rained on Wrigely and the game was about 2 hours late. Then we met some friends and got drunk in Wrigleyville and missed our train.

The same buddies and I did the Texas two step last summer, Houston and Arlington.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    If you've never been to Citizens Bank Park I highly suggest you make the trip out there. One of the nicest and most entertaining ballparks I've seen, and I have been to quite a few. The Nationals stadium is really enjoyable too, especially when we take it over with Phillies fans.
    I've heard great things about both of them, definitely am looking to go to a Nats game when I am visiting a friend in DC this summer.

My wish list is as follows:

1. Yankees/Mets (can feasibly be done in same trip)
    2. Pittsburgh (Is it PNC? heard it's an unbelievable park)
    3. Fenway

I've heard from Red Sox fans that Fenway is a dump and I hate the Red Sox more than anyone, but still...Fenway...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yes Joe,PNC is absolutely beautiful.

I actually enjoy Minor League ball parks more than Major League ball parks.

I will write up a list tonight of the greatest Minor League Parks around. Some of them you only have to pay a dollar or two to attend. 50 cents hotdogs and dollar drafts. Fucking great.
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post

I will write up a list tonight of the greatest Minor League Parks around. Some of them you only have to pay a dollar or two to attend. 50 cents hotdogs and dollar drafts. Fucking great.

1,000,000% you literally are right on the field at minor league parks and they are always doing promotions and giveaways. I went to a PawSox game a couple weeks ago and sat next to Daisuke's wife and kids. My kids had a blast and the entire thing (food, snacks, souvenirs, the whole 9-yards) cost us like $80. tix were free, my mother works for a guy worth 9-figures who has box seats for every Boston area team -- he used to go the Bruins games with Cam Neely before he became the Bruins President so those are the kind of seats I sometimes get Only tix I never get are Patriots
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTemplar View Post

I love minor league parks as well, just something about live baseball that's always fun. I've been hitting up Winston-Salem Dash games almost every week since I've been home. The city invested a lot in a new park downtown and it is goregous.

Name:  DSC03233.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  58.1 KB

Thread Information