Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jamaican lottery scams caused elderly people in the US to kill themselves -- interesting article exposing the scam industry in that country

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Jamaican lottery scams caused elderly people in the US to kill themselves -- interesting article exposing the scam industry in that country

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/07/us/jam...ide/index.html

Very interesting article.

These scammers are ruthless, and prey on the elderly in the United States to scam them of their life savings.

They convince the young of Jamaica (sometimes school age children) to help them and to grow up into the scamming industry, with lies that Americans are all thieves and criminals, and these are their "reparations" for slavery. They do not tell these kids the truth that only highly vulnerable (and often senile) old people are targeted.

200 murders occur per year in Jamaica related to money gained from these scams.

Jamaica's government is in a bit of a panic because they are afraid that the violence will spill into the neighborhoods with the expensive resorts, and kill their tourism industry.

Surprised Western Union is allowing these transfers to Jamaica, especially given how much effort they've put in over the past year to stop online poker transfers, which are harmless.

Load Metric
    Our Prime Minister traveled to Jamaica just last week carrying £300m in aid (all while we're making huge and devastating cuts to our own vulnerable citizens)

They then had the bear faced cheek to demand an apology and compensation over the slave trade from a gazillion years ago.

With that said, better to have Jamaican criminals committing fraud from afar than to have them on your streets.

Those Yardies don't fuck about.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I think it is getting to the point where the US military should get involved when foreign countries fail to put a stop to the scamming of US citizens.

A lot of the time, these scammers exist in concentrated communities. Would love to see the US military just basically go into these communities and put bullets in the heads of those involved with the scamming. Once word of this got around, I bet it would stop or become severely curtailed.

I know that in Nigeria, entire towns are dedicated to scamming, and they will attempt to kill any police coming to arrest them. Seems like a perfect spot to drop bombs on those internet cafes which are only used for scamming.

It's 2015, and threats to the US don't just come from violent attacks anymore.

Load Metric
    lol you're a fucking lunatic.

Sending troops into a sovereign country to curtail scammers.

Dropping bombs onto heavily populated residential areas to also prevent scamming.

America would quickly become a pariah state.

You can take the boy out of Israel.......

Load Metric
    American's killing each other everyday with insane amounts of violent crime. He never bats an eyelid to that.

A few old cunts get scammed in a faraway land and he wants to send in troops. Haha

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    just don't get scammed/ problem

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post

Dropping bombs onto heavily populated residential areas to also prevent scamming.

And yet Druff lets scammers And dupes run amok around here. Classic

Comments

nunbeater: yes, classic
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

And yet Druff lets scammers run amok around here. Classic
    So you're asking me to ban your account?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

No, he's asking you to shoot him
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

You said I wasn't a scammer yourself brah

Maybe start by banning dupe accounts with dupe in their fucking name that creepily troll me and post 10 year old pictures daily. Isn't there a rule regarding members here only to cause disruption and create arguments and troll? A beacon of integrity and rules enforcer you are

Comments

Dupe_Fiasco: mad?
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If the sovereign country either refuses to stop the problem or is unable to do so, then yes, the military should get involved if mass numbers of Americans are being harmed by that country.

Seriously, there are towns in Nigeria where EVERYONE is a scammer. If you bomb one of the internet cafes in a town like that, you are killing the scammers and no one else.

The US has been lying down and taking this scamming like a bitch, so that's why it is increasing and rapidly spreading throughout the world.

The world is different now than it used to be. Internet and phone scams are cheap and easy for these third world monkeys to perpetrate, and the industry has become far more advanced, where they trade lists of likely vulnerable victims.

You can put out all of the public awareness bulletins for your citizens, but the bottom line is that there will always be a segment of the population that is vulnerable, especially the elderly. They shouldn't just be sitting ducks because the arm of the US law can't touch these people.

Comments

jsearles22: Agree with most of this

Daniel72: agreeee

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Maybe start by banning dupe accounts with dupe in their fucking name that creepily troll me and post 10 year old pictures daily. Isn't there a rule regarding members here only to cause disruption and create arguments and troll? A beacon of integrity and rules enforcer you are
    First you beg me for over a year to come back to PFA, and I finally allow it.

Now you're demanding that I stop people from trolling you, even though you still haven't paid a dime of that $500 which you both rightfully owe AND used to troll/anger people for months after you welched.

Amazing.

Load Metric

First you beg me for over a year to come back to PFA, and I finally allow it.

Now you're demanding that I stop people from trolling you, even though you still haven't paid a dime of that $500 which you both rightfully owe AND used to troll/anger people for months after you welched.

Amazing.
    So trolling here is allowed? Maybe update the rules then?

I think I've shown since I've been back that the trolling rolls off my back. This guy is a creep. He has a treasure trove of info and pictures of mine. Yesterday he posted pictures including my wife with barely her face blacked out. I seem to remember you spazzing over a relatives arm? He sent me instant messages yesterday saying shit like he's SEO'ing my name and I'll never get a job. And on and on. He's made numerous comments about my 2 and 4 year old children.

Point is there's gotta be a line unless you want this place turning into a huge cesspool, which your rules actually say you don't. I've never took up with this guy, don't know who he even is. But he's creepily obsessed with me. You bemoaned these types of things and threatened to shut the whole site down. You know where I'm coming from on this one. Have I ever bitched about trolls before?

Comments

Dupe_Fiasco: have you heard of google? btw, you sound awfully mad. rofl

Load Metric
    When the son of the deposed King of Nigeria e-mails you directly asking for help, you help. His father ran the freaking country, okay?
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric

If the sovereign country either refuses to stop the problem or is unable to do so, then yes, the military should get involved if mass numbers of Americans are being harmed by that country.

Seriously, there are towns in Nigeria where EVERYONE is a scammer. If you bomb one of the internet cafes in a town like that, you are killing the scammers and no one else.

The US has been lying down and taking this scamming like a bitch, so that's why it is increasing and rapidly spreading throughout the world.

The world is different now than it used to be. Internet and phone scams are cheap and easy for these third world monkeys to perpetrate, and the industry has become far more advanced, where they trade lists of likely vulnerable victims.

You can put out all of the public awareness bulletins for your citizens, but the bottom line is that there will always be a segment of the population that is vulnerable, especially the elderly. They shouldn't just be sitting ducks because the arm of the US law can't touch these people.

So scamming is now punishable by death?

I'm with you that it has devastating effect on those vulnerable enough to get scammed. But troops, bombs?

C'mooon

Comments

PLOL: this, actually

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

I'm with you that it has devastating effect on those vulnerable enough to get scammed. But troops, bombs?

C'mooon
    What should the US do, then?

Send the scammers a strongly worded letter?

Dealing with foreign threats to your citizens is a lot different than dealing with domestic ones, as it is much tougher (or in some cases impossible) to do investigations, arrest people, or prosecute them in a court of law.

I think the US should tell the governments of "problem" countries to either get a handle on it, or that we will be taking care of the problem.

BTW, the scammers in these countries are also violent, and will kill to protect their interests. It's not like some of the charming scammers you see on TV, where they engage in some comical small-time scam, and would never hurt a fly.

These are ruthless criminals who kill each other for a crack at a piece of the sweet proceeds from scamming the US elderly. And they would also kill Americans if we didn't have thousands of miles and big oceans separating us.

If you would like to suggest an alternate way that the US can handle this, go right ahead.

Gold
    Load Metric
    i usually think druff catches a lot shit just for being a conservative and doesnt get enough credit for being moderate on a lot of issues, but holy shit...military intervention to prevent fucking WU scams by jamaicans?

Load Metric

C'mooon

Dealing with foreign threats to your citizens is a lot different than dealing with domestic ones, as it is much tougher (or in some cases impossible) to do investigations, arrest people, or prosecute them in a court of law.

I think the US should tell the governments of "problem" countries to either get a handle on it, or that we will be taking care of the problem.

BTW, the scammers in these countries are also violent, and will kill to protect their interests. It's not like some of the charming scammers you see on TV, where they engage in some comical small-time scam, and would never hurt a fly.

These are ruthless criminals who kill each other for a crack at a piece of the sweet proceeds from scamming the US elderly. And they would also kill Americans if we didn't have thousands of miles and big oceans separating us.

If you would like to suggest an alternate way that the US can handle this, go right ahead.

No, you don't send them nice letters asking them to stop.

You educate your own citizens to stop sending money to strangers on the internet. It's an effective strategy that actually works.

And I know what these people are capable of.... But killing 'scammers' half a world away is not how we roll.

Load Metric

C'mooon

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead....

Chemically enhanced or not, I like the edgier Druff.

The U.S. would turn such a mission into a 15 year engagement and lose. Up late watching black and white John Wayne movies? Check the box scores in the Middle East.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

No, you don't send them nice letters asking them to stop.

You educate your own citizens to stop sending money to strangers on the internet. It's an effective strategy that actually works.

And I know what these people are capable of.... But killing 'scammers' half a world away is not how we roll.
    Yes, let's "educate" the senile elderly.

Do you understand that many of these victimized elderly are unable to be convinced otherwise by THEIR OWN CHILDREN (see the CNN article I posted), let alone some government education campaign?

So is that all you got? Education for potential victims?

As I said before, these aren't just scammers. They are ruthless criminals who kill each other (and often innocent family members of rivals) for the ability to rise up on the scamming food chain.

This planet would be better off with them in the ground.

Thread Information