Thread: An email I received regarding Bitcoin fraudster attempts on 5dimes

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

An email I received regarding Bitcoin fraudster attempts on 5dimes

This scam is being ran because for the longest time in order to deposit with bitcoin on 5dimes you had to email all the information to them because they didn't have the process automated through their website. Now it's automated which must have lead the scammer to try offering such a generous deposit bonus if you ship the coins to there bitcoin address which has no affiliation to 5dimes. They probably ran it prior to the automation process and could have kept doing so after the fact because they are greedy scammers trying to milk it for whatever they can.

It's basically a warning saying to always go through the website itself when depositing. Here is the content of the email I received from 5dimes warning people of what is going on:

Greetings!

Fraudsters are using the 5Dimes name to try to steal bitcoins. An email is being sent with a fake promotion of 50% or 100% cash bonus with no rollover when sending bitcoins to two specific addresses (displayed in the attached picture).These 2 addresses DO NOT belong to the 5Dimes Group.

Funds sent to those addresses are not being received by our company but by the criminals running the scam.

All 5Dimes promotional emails and all email addresses from each department or managerial staff, have the following format: XXXXX@5dimes.eu emails or XXXXX@mail.5dimes.eu.

If you have received the fraudulent email and have had any type of correspondence with the fraudster, please contact the Customer Service Department and share any information you may have.

Best regards,
    5Dimes Group Staff.

The fraudster scam looks like this:

Name:  5dimesscam.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  136.1 KB

Just figured I'd post this giving people the heads up of this scam that is going on. Only deposit through the website.

Comments

Sanlmar: Very slick.... Should be nominated for fraud of the year

VegasJim:

Load Metric
    Why would they block the bitcoin addresses that the scammer used? Should be made public so people could track the money on blockchain.info I have read stories of people successfully finding out scammers doing this. I image it its hard, but some guys are very savvy with the technical side of the cryptocurrency. While finding the person will very rarely result in getting the money back, it would be nice to ruin the persons name etc.

I wouldn't have fell for this, the first paragraph was poorly done and would immediately set off red flags for me. Id either think its fake, or 5 dimes is low on cash as they are begging for "deposits" which would cause me to stay clear of them. I'm not going to write out the best methods on how to write this as I don't want to help any potential scammers, its just some basic marketing strategies that trigger the readers emotions.

Important tip for saving yourself from becoming a victim of any phishing e-mails. I'm sure 98% of this forum knows this already, but for anyone who may not. Always check the senders email address and compare it to previous emails that you have received to make sure they match. Do a quick google search: copy and paste senders email inside quotation marks with site: before email and search.
    Ex: "site: pokerfraudalert.com" (but use email and not the domain name) Doing this will show only the exact match and most of the time with scammers e-mails, you will see threads made saying how they are scammers and to stay away etc.
    If you ever have a weird feeling about an e-mail, never open links/attachments etc. If you still aren't sure with an e-mail, contact the direct source! this is the best thing to do as they will help you and you will be helping others by notifying the company, so they can warn people before getting scammed.

Here is an example for someone who may not be familiar with this.
    Name:  amazon-phish.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  63.9 KB

Hopefully I was of some help to someone.

Thread Information