Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: SWC Poker : Therapy needed

Load Metric

SWC Poker : Therapy needed

I have become very suspicious over some behaviour on SWC poker recently, I have been playing there a lot for relatively higher stakes (50/100 NL & PLO) .

Firstly, I've noticed that the high stakes regulars never play each other on there, and sit there for hours on end with no action. These guys are not good poker players, so this really is strange to me. It's not as if it's Ivey and Antonius waiting on fish all day

Not only that, but recently I have been playing a lot against players "bumhunter", "IamAGod" and "Grand Line". These guys are extremely fishy, they never fold a hand, I have had a couple of days where I got decent cards against them and creamed them (like out of 150 btc), but recently i have had some v bad runs against them, where they are calling flops with ridiculously bad cards and winning hands left right and centre, or making ridiculous ivey-like hero calls on the river when i am pushing a great bluffing spot, but yet folding immediately on the rare occasions i flop the nuts or make it on the river (one in a million). Once in a while when I finally make a huge hand and they inevitably have an ever better one or outdraw me. every time i seem to have a huge draw i end up losing a huge pot to some crappy medium pair or something, it's infuriating i tell ya- especially when it happens over and over again. I am obviously not a world class poker player but I have logged a lot of hours playing poker online and I certainly recognize a fish when I see one, and these guys only seem to have a fold button when i flop the nuts.

I hope I am just at the end of a bad run of cards and that once they even out again i will go back to creaming these guys, but the main reason i am writing this is because i can't help be suspicious of what's going on, and a combination of hearing things like Prahlad Friedman getting cheated on UB (with the tremendous psychological implications that could have) and the fact that bitcoin poker would seem to be dodgy in the first place, non-regulated, anonymous etc. has me being very vigilant.

I am still up a bit of money so I am going to keep playing unless it continues; I was just wondering if anyone else has seen anything on that site that could be deemed as suspicious.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: plays like a dumb ass then cries rigg
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Spunk Bucket View Post
    I have been playing a lot against players "IamAGod"
    Jacosta is this true?

Seriously tho, I can't make an informed opinion unless you post some HH's.

Are you a rec player with money, or have you built your roll from poker alone?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RegGaymer View Post
    I have been playing a lot against players "IamAGod"
    Jacosta is this true?

If Jacosta is that user he's a fucking classless asshole.

I am a recreational player. Do you have to e-mail them to get the HH? I'm interested in looking at them myself.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: did you shove jack high rags in the other hands as well?
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I have become very suspicious over some behaviour on SWC poker recently, I have been playing there a lot for relatively higher stakes (50/100 NL & PLO) .

Firstly, I've noticed that the high stakes regulars never play each other on there, and sit there for hours on end with no action. These guys are not good poker players, so this really is strange to me. It's not as if it's Ivey and Antonius waiting on fish all day

Not only that, but recently I have been playing a lot against players "bumhunter", "IamAGod" and "Grand Line". These guys are extremely fishy, they never fold a hand, I have had a couple of days where I got decent cards against them and creamed them (like out of 150 btc), but recently i have had some v bad runs against them, where they are calling flops with ridiculously bad cards and winning hands left right and centre, or making ridiculous ivey-like hero calls on the river when i am pushing a great bluffing spot, but yet folding immediately on the rare occasions i flop the nuts or make it on the river (one in a million). Once in a while when I finally make a huge hand and they inevitably have an ever better one or outdraw me. every time i seem to have a huge draw i end up losing a huge pot to some crappy medium pair or something, it's infuriating i tell ya- especially when it happens over and over again. I am obviously not a world class poker player but I have logged a lot of hours playing poker online and I certainly recognize a fish when I see one, and these guys only seem to have a fold button when i flop the nuts.

I hope I am just at the end of a bad run of cards and that once they even out again i will go back to creaming these guys, but the main reason i am writing this is because i can't help be suspicious of what's going on, and a combination of hearing things like Prahlad Friedman getting cheated on UB (with the tremendous psychological implications that could have) and the fact that bitcoin poker would seem to be dodgy in the first place, non-regulated, anonymous etc. has me being very vigilant.

I am still up a bit of money so I am going to keep playing unless it continues; I was just wondering if anyone else has seen anything on that site that could be deemed as suspicious.

These are called bumhunters. They are probably anywhere from mediocre to world class.

Secondly you said you won 150 btc. How much have they won back out of that 150? Or are you still up 150 btc?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post

These are called bumhunters. They are probably anywhere from mediocre to world class.

Secondly you said you won 150 btc. How much have they won back out of that 150? Or are you still up 150 btc?
    They are definitely not world class china, they are fish. when you are hitting hands it's like visiting the world's greatest ATM. Even breaking even you'd make good money

I deposited £2k last sunday and then cashed out £6k from coinbase, and had an extra 150 btc in my account at one point which is now all gone ffs.

I wanted to cash it all out at once but because of coinbase's annoying £2k/day sell limits i kept playing and then the bad run came, you know how it goes- when you're playing awful players you think the tide's going to change. i really hate myself for letting all that money go now, but at the same time i was employing the same attitude that makes me who i am and got me there in the first place.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: you should never play another hand of plo quite honestly winning 4000 pounds then the inevitible.
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Jacosta is this true?

I am a recreational player. Do you have to e-mail them to get the HH? I'm interested in looking at them myself.
    Nah, j/k, think his name was pokergod.

Not sure how to get hh as I don't play swc.

You should play Garrett hu on here, then we can judge your ability vs a world class player.

Comments

Hockey Guy: ROFL

Load Metric
    Oh- interesting sidenote btw. I had just finished getting felted and I started calling bumhunter a cheater (half-pissed off but also half cos i half-believed it, as I said the play was v suspicious)

Immediately an admin appeared on the chat box (white chat) and said "Nobody is cheating". Then they typed "The site is solid and secure".

WTF was an admin doing watching this and especially feeling the need to comment on the situation for??

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: its rigged bro
    BALLIN'!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh- interesting sidenote btw. I had just finished getting felted and I started calling bumhunter a cheater (half-pissed off but also half cos i half-believed it, as I said the play was v suspicious)

Immediately an admin appeared on the chat box (white chat) and said "Nobody is cheating". Then they typed "The site is solid and secure".

WTF was an admin doing watching this and especially feeling the need to comment on the situation for??
    Someone posted somethign similar about their experiences in Triple Draw but I am not sure how that investigation etc... turned out.

But in your case I haven't seen any HH so I can't comment on the play but if someone was cheating I don't see why they would let you win 150 BTC first unless they had knowledge you had a ton of money you were going to dump.

The mods immediately appearing in the chat is super duper strange. Have never seen that before on any site.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If the other player called a mod, then it might be a standard response.

It's possible that someone is working behind the scenes and looking at hole cards, as it happened on a site that I used to play on called pitbull poker, but I would have thought that most places these days encrypted the programe for security. You are a prime target for hustling on a site like swc at those stakes tbf.

Load Metric

Jacosta is this true?

Hand histories are useless as don't show your cards unless it goes to the flop. It is blank. I never really looked but you have to select hand history in option and open folder and will find them there. I see like 3 people sitting at those stakes not playing each other have like 30 tables opened between them.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Can't believe you give a shit about rep rep
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 09-28-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Meant to say player cards don't show up unless goes to showdown really horrible hand history

Load Metric
    Turns out you have to select to save ur HH so I have e-mailed them asking for the last week's HH.

The admin appearing was not standard at all because the guy responded immediately, there was definitely no time to call a mod and for him to do that- he was there the whole time and it creeped me out.

TBF even if they are just watching to ensure there is no cheating going on (I don't know how they could in a HU match but let's give them the benefit of the doubt) it is DEFINITELY NOT their place to just start intervening in a chat between two players, out of the blue and uncalled for- especially when one of them just lost and is venting off. Extremely strange and unorthodox

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: plays nosebleed and doesn't know how to use hand histories rofl
    BALLIN'!!

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I'd rather play on pitbullpoker than SWC. Haven't played on SWC since BTC was 5 bucks.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    I'd rather play on pitbullpoker than SWC. Haven't played on SWC since BTC was 5 bucks.
    Why dont you just deposit your allowance on stars?
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Makes it seem more shady. Where you venting in the lobby or on the game section? Why would someone immediately appear and an admin no less? Pretty creepy shit none the less. Post the hands you felt where suspicious.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Do you remember your first bj? Did he cum in your mouth?
    Last edited by FRANKRIZZO; 09-28-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Load Metric

Someone posted somethign similar about their experiences in Triple Draw but I am not sure how that investigation etc... turned out.

But in your case I haven't seen any HH so I can't comment on the play but if someone was cheating I don't see why they would let you win 150 BTC first unless they had knowledge you had a ton of money you were going to dump.

The mods immediately appearing in the chat is super duper strange. Have never seen that before on any site.
    1) The Triple Draw saga was so hair raising that I decided then and there not to play on Seals any time soon.

2) SWC is essentially a huge rich media web application, making it far and away one of the most target rich attack surface on the internet. SWC also generates such little net revenue that if they saved every penny the site made, once every 2 years they could afford a proper static code analysis + penetration test.

3) "Nobody is cheating" "The site is solid and secure" immediate in chat sounds like Micon, which is unnerving on many, many levels...

I'll say this much however; PLO is such a fucked up game that you can go a month with people snap folding to your flopped nuts and value towning every single bluff you make and its still well within the acceptable threshold for variance. So as deeply as I feel your pain, youre still light years from providing a TR as damning as the Triple Draw story.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I would see people doing the bumhunting squatting on tables at bovada. Druff talked about people who do that shit on a show I remember. Pretty sure he said don't sit em.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Bend over, daddy's here

Silver
    Load Metric
    15 posts till variance was mentioned .

I lumped on West Brom and you need therapy? Lol

Comments

sonatine: lol
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

1) The Triple Draw saga was so hair raising that I decided then and there not to play on Seals any time soon.

2) SWC is essentially a huge rich media web application, making it far and away one of the most target rich attack surface on the internet. SWC also generates such little net revenue that if they saved every penny the site made, once every 2 years they could afford a proper static code analysis + penetration test.

3) "Nobody is cheating" "The site is solid and secure" immediate in chat sounds like Micon, which is unnerving on many, many levels...

I'll say this much however; PLO is such a fucked up game that you can go a month with people snap folding to your flopped nuts and value towning every single bluff you make and its still well within the acceptable threshold for variance. So as deeply as I feel your pain, youre still light years from providing a TR as damning as the Triple Draw story.
    haven't heard anything about this triple draw scandal, was this from 2+2? anybody got a link?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Jacosta is this true?

It's Pokergod and I'm on vacation right now but you can catch me playing the 100 chip nlhe nightly and mix games up to 2-4 chip on SWC...one thing I have noticed is the site is constantly under ddos attacks so you constantly have to log out and log back in, some days more than others and it happens in cash games more than tournaments. The mod that I think OP is talking about is "Glitch" and I have seen him play and type stuff like that on the chat. I personally don't feel like there's cheating going on but keep in mind I don't play at those same levels OP does. Funny I happened to see this on there FB today...
    Name:  Screenshot_2015-09-28-16-32-26.png
Views: 929
Size:  541.4 KB

Load Metric
    What games run on swc? Does 2/4+ nl or plo run ? How is the customer service? Any rb?

Thread Information