Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moonshadow's Gone Missing

Load Metric

Moonshadow's Gone Missing

Some of you remember that before I moved, a cat adopted us - sort of just moved in to our household and decided we were her new family. Likely the abandoned pet from one of the thousands of folks losing their homes here in AZ. We all fell hard for this kitty - her aqua green eyes and sweet demeanor were irresistible. Obv I took her with me - she's been through four moves basically now - long story..

This is our Moonie

First week or so we were in the new house, she seemed to be settling in well. She found all the cool spots for kitties to nestle, and only left through the doggie door to go to the bathroom- came right back after, and snuggled in. Gave the dogs attitude like a true alpha and was sleeping in a suede chair or upstairs next to the washing machine at all times.

Well... last night she disappeared, and when I got home tonight from work, she still wasn't back - food untouched. All through the radio show I kept hoping she'd pop back in - but no. She's just missing.

I'm really worried. I know cats don't move well.... but I thought she had attached herself and wasn't going anywhere. Truth is, she never liked my dogs.

Place doesn't feel like home without her...

Last edited by Vwls; 05-22-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    ´*•.¸(*•.¸https://twitter.com/RealFckVwls¸.•*´)¸.•*´

http://i.imgur.com/TsBfg.jpg

Banned
    Load Metric
    Is Moonshadow a calico?

She might just be exploring. However, if the 'doggie door' allows her access to outdoors, you have to be aware of predators.

My cats are always kept indoors because of coyotes, fisher cats and other varmints.

I hope Moonshadow returns home soon.

Banned
    Load Metric
    looks like a calico but my calico's colors are way more vivid, sounds like the personalities match up well though. lol

Load Metric
    I'm sure it will be back. My buddies cat used to disappear for weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kmksmkn View Post
    Does anybody know if u can get a work visa for playing online poker in the UK
    I have had Issues with credit cards in Europe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Getting a little surf and turf tonight. In my world that is Sea Bass with a nice lobster tail on the side. And grilled asparagus. It's nice having money.

Load Metric
    How long has it been since you moved? Usually cats will try to find their way back "home", meaning the previous location, and you're supposed to try to keep them in your new house for at least two weeks before letting them out so they can define it as home.

If you didn't move to far from your old place, I would look there. My cat returned to the first house we lived in after like 5 years of living at the new location, hell of a walk for a kitty but he wanted to go back lol.

Not sure if that makes sense since I'm a bit groggy, but cats attach themselves to locations rather than people (usually) so they will have a huge attachment to one location if you've lived there a while.
    Last edited by Beebs9Dizzle; 05-22-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A cool looking Calico...Hope she turns up...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Beebs9Dizzle View Post
    How long has it been since you moved? Usually cats will try to find their way back "home", meaning the previous location, and you're supposed to try to keep them in your new house for at least two weeks before letting them out so they can define it as home.

If you didn't move to far from your old place, I would look there. My cat returned to the first house we lived in after like 5 years of living at the new location, hell of a walk for a kitty but he wanted to go back lol.

Not sure if that makes sense since I'm a bit groggy, but cats attach themselves to locations rather than people (usually) so they will have a huge attachment to one location if you've lived there a while.
    Right - you are correct. But this poor cat has been through the ringer, so I wonder where "home" really is to her... She showed up at my house last fall - no idea where she was before. Then I moved her over to where I was temporarily staying (friend's house) and she stayed there for about a month, but did a week or so of that time over at another friend's apartment due to a wrinkle I had to deal with. So that's four "homes" so far - that I know of... then number 5 was when I finally got the house we're in now - moved her in May 12. Honestly did not expect her to stick around through any of these upheavals, but weirdly, she has become more of an indoor cat at the various stops we've shared than she ever was before. Seemed like she was happy here. Who knows why they leave I guess - I keep hoping I'll hear the tinkle of her little bell. Maybe the dogs ate her.

Load Metric
    I'm not a cat person myself, but I have to admit that "Moonshadow" is a pretty awesome name.

Load Metric
    Hope you find him/her.

I remember as a kid my aunt lost a cat that she brought over to our house for over a day. My aunt is one of those 'crazy cat women' and I remember being weirded out by how distraught she was over a cat. We found it eventually; it had been shut in a linens closet and hadn't made a peep.

She has had three cats in my lifetime, all have died and she had them cremated and put into boxes next to her bedside.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Hope you find him/her.

I remember as a kid my aunt lost a cat that she brought over to our house for over a day. My aunt is one of those 'crazy cat women' and I remember being weirded out by how distraught she was over a cat. We found it eventually; it had been shut in a linens closet and hadn't made a peep.

She has had three cats in my lifetime, all have died and she had them cremated and put into boxes next to her bedside.
    That cremation/saving the ashes thing always struck me as creepy. I have a hard enough time saying goodbye when someone passes, let alone putting a constant reminder of their dead-ness in my house. But I do understand the cat-lady thing to a point. Not really the "collecting" aspect where they just start getting cat after cat (WTF is that?), but I get the attachment part. I really connect with animals, and there are times when I am petting them/scratching their ears or whatever, when I'm filled with such a sweet feeling... a sense of wonder that this fantastic, beautiful creature is interacting with me and showing me love. It seems almost like a tiny miracle. I know it sounds crazy (and I'm sure I'll get at least two "bat-shit" comments after this from my biggest 'fans'), but most days, I like my dogs better than I like people. Right now Sasha-Bear has come to lie on the floor by my feet, and has put her little nose on my toes and gone to sleep. Beyond cute.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Vwls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Hope you find him/her.

That cremation/saving the ashes thing always struck me as creepy. I have a hard enough time saying goodbye when someone passes, let alone putting a constant reminder of their dead-ness in my house. But I do understand the cat-lady thing to a point. Not really the "collecting" aspect where they just start getting cat after cat (WTF is that?), but I get the attachment part. I really connect with animals, and there are times when I am petting them/scratching their ears or whatever, when I'm filled with such a sweet feeling... a sense of wonder that this fantastic, beautiful creature is interacting with me and showing me love. It seems almost like a tiny miracle. I know it sounds crazy (and I'm sure I'll get at least two "bat-shit" comments after this from my biggest 'fans'), but most days, I like my dogs better than I like people. Right now Sasha-Bear has come to lie on the floor by my feet, and has put her little nose on my toes and gone to sleep. Beyond cute.
    For sure this. Cats, not so muhc, but to each their own. Hopefully she'll turn up!

Load Metric
    She came back!!!!

Just waltzed in this morning and hopped in the bed for cuddles like she'd been here all along. She's eating now. Seems like she lost quite a bit of weight.

Load Metric
    She came back!!!!

Just waltzed in this morning and hopped in the bed for cuddles like she'd been here all along. She's eating now. Seems like she lost quite a bit of weight.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Glad she made it home. I have a dog that goes on multi-day adventures so I know how that goes, anywho glad she's back.

Load Metric
    She came back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Someone asked if the cat was male or female...All Calicos are female...So if you come across a male it's big $$$...

Glad Moonie found her way back and I think she has a home and likes it there...

But you were worrying and being negative again Angel...You have to stop that...

Tip of the day for you...

Always keep a cube of margerine (Acually butter is more healthier) in the lower part of the fridge...This way it'll spread easier on your toast in the morning...Thus eliminating a problem and any worries that might occur....

Load Metric
    weeeeeeeeeeeee

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    She came back!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy for you!!

In other cat news, today was the day I had to give away the kittens I was fostering. Yes I am sad. Yet my buddy One Eyed Jack made his return to the streets, as he does every summer! I don't know where he goes during the winter, or who he belongs to, but I'm glad to see he made it another year.

Name:  jack.jpg
Views: 650
Size:  44.1 KB
    Of all the money e'er I had, I spent it in good company

Load Metric
    If you're in a new neighborhood I would check her vagina for semen. I'm no detective, but I am willing to bet one of your neighbors held her overnight and raped her repeatedly. I've seen it in movies. I hope I'm wrong, but you never know when you move into a new neighborhood. Cat rape is growing quicker than the 4G network. The weight loss could be attributed to the rape as well. Even though it's technically "rape" when a cat goes through that experience they still tend to moisten up in the mid section, and after a prolonged period of cat rape, she could have been dehydrated and therefor lost weight. Goodluck with your cat rapist neighbor....

Thread Information