Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paging All Jews! (and any others who despise poor customer service)

Platinum
    Load Metric

Paging All Jews! (and any others who despise poor customer service)

Now, before I start off, I want to disclose a couple of things. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but for the context of the situation i feel its necessary to say that I don't consider myself a petty individual. I am what I think most people would consider to be a pretty generous person and a generally nice guy. That being said, I do have a pet peeve - that being customer service. Probably like alot of you, I have encountered too many terrible customer service situations, and I personally will not tolerate shitty service. I will make it my mission to have a situation rightfully corrected or expose an establishment for what they have done. I don't like people being taken advantage of, including myself.

Ok, so about a week ago i decided to make a spur of the moment trip to a local bar to have a few drinks. These days, and at my age, my bar trips are fairly scarce and if i want to have a drink i will mostly do it at home, unless a bar trip involves my friends being there and i want to be with them. I have only been to this particular bar once before, but A friend of mine texted me late at night asking me to come out so i did.

I didn't have any cash in my wallet so when I got there I used the ATM (see the receipt posted) I requested $100. Like the receipt says, it only dispensed $20 for me and then immediately declared it was out of order because it was empty. As you can see, it still charged me a withdrawal fee. Now first off, I have never ever seen an ATM dispense less money than requested. I have only seen an all-or-none deal. Now, ok, if there are ATM's that do that, then i guess it is what it is. To disclose - There was no warning or anything before I made the withdrawal that the machine was low or anything like that. But that withdrawal fee tho...

At this point, im not really upset or anything, i mean, things happen right? So I go up to the bar and order a drink. While she is making the drink in front of me, I kindly tell her my situation. In a nutshell im saying, hey i used the ATM and it only gave me a $20 but im going to need more, and I asked her if there were any other ways to get cash. ( I wasn't looking for a tab either) (i said this because a few bars in my area will run the card through their equipment behind the bar and give you $$.

She responds by saying "no we can't do that here". I said OK, no problem... I understand. She then said that the owner of the bar will be out shortly and he will refill the ATM. I then discussed the ATM fee. I explained that I was (in my eyes) given an incomplete transaction from the ATM and was still charged the fee. I asked her if I could be reimbursed for the fee since I wasn't given the full amount. Mind you now - it was $1.95, and im fully assuming that she would painlessly satisfy me by either crediting me back or say "hey how about I just buy you the next beer".
    Her response? "No, we won't do that". I then reiterated my point that I wasn't given a complete transaction but I was still charged. She says "that happens all of the time, there is nothing I can do". I then ask to speak to the owner and she says he will be out in a few minutes to fill the ATM and ill tell him to come by you. Two other patrons (one of them being an off duty bartender there) chime in and say " yeah, that happens here all of the time". Im waiting and about 15 minutes go by, and I flag the bartender down asking when the owner is going to come out. She says, oh he already came out and refilled the ATM. Im like, "ok...he never stopped to talk to me about my complaint". She tells me she'll get him and another 5 minutes go by, and he finally comes out.
    (oh, btw, I recorded part of the convo on my phone)

This guy does not look happy. He looks like he is inherently pissed off and on a mission to breath fire at any customer who dares to complain. He comes up to me and I don't even get a few words out of my mouth explaining my situation and he says " the ATM's refilled, go use it". I ask him, ok am I going to be charged another transaction fee? he of course says yes and theres nothing he can do about it. I try to reason with him and say "hey look, this shouldn't be a big deal for you. I was ready to withdraw $100 and spend it at your bar...you mean you can't just credit me ONE $2 beer so i am not charged twice for what I wanted to withdraw?!" he says"NOPE, there's nothing I can do". He got very feisty and defensive and wouldn't calm down whatsoever with me...no apology either....nothing. I wasn't mean to him, I wasn't mean to the bartender, I wasn't mean to anyone there....heck, none of them even knew me, yet this is how I was treated. I drank the last gulp of my drink, grabbed my change, he was still bickering - and I said, "hey, save it...you said it, there is nothing you can do...but guess what, everyone is going to know how you treat your customers." Then he got even more pissed LOL

Oh, BTW - I did a little research since then and also asked a number of my local friends about this place, and many of them commented on how rude the owner was and saying "yeah, that's about par for him"

Now, for a few of you who may not have truly followed along. This was NOT really about getting $2 back. That $2 back should have been EASILY handled by the bartender when I first brought it up. 30 seconds and on, this isn't about $2 any more. It's about seeing if a business owner passes a test and makes the customer happy so I decide to keep returning there; in a small town like mine, businesses cannot afford to be shitty to customers.

So, what say you?

Please don't give me a "dude, it's $2... STFU" This isn't about $2. It's about service. I could have easily spent a couple hundred there...but now I will never go back. And to top it off, I don't know the regulations, but is charging someone a fee like that for an incomplete transaction even legal?? Ive never even encountered an atm that gave less money than what you request in the first place. Once again, think about it: The owner of the business fills the ATM; he has complete control of how much money is deposited into it. Two bartenders of the business, and one patron says that what happened to me happens ALL of the time. What exactly are the odds of that?? Very very slim in my book.

Name:  atm receipt.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  50.2 KB

Load Metric
    Make a post in Yelp about this shithole and its shitty attitude owner. Because the owner screwed you by the machine not warning about being out of money.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    They don't control or own the ATM, that's why the 'nothing I can do' attitude.

At the point of him refilling the machine and declining the $2 comp, you should have left the bar and told the owner that '$2 just cost you $100' and tipped the bar man on the way out. Bonus points for waving bye and saying 'See you on Yelp'.

Dick moves all around, but sometimes you just gotta.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

At the point of him refilling the machine and declining the $2 comp, you should have left the bar and told the owner that '$2 just cost you $100' and tipped the bar man on the way out. Bonus points for waving bye and saying 'See you on Yelp'.

I thought so too but it seems clear the owner is refilling machine which is really odd. I'm wondering if it's even legal to operate such a machine in this fashion. I'd ask your bank if its legal for an ATM to charge and provide the wrong amount of money. Would also double check it didn't withdraw from your account for the full amount.

Otherwise leave negative review and move on. Not worth the hassle.

Also what type of bar doesn't take credit card?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Better business bureau

Load Metric
    Apparently, there's a decent reddit thread on this type of business. Seems like a cash cow (if you don't get robbed), and if the owner of the bar owns the machine, he's probably making bank on it if his bar doesn't take credit cards.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/...rested_in_how/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post

If he's filling the machine then it appears that he does control the machine. I've never even heard of this in Canada.

It sounds like he short fills the machine to either guard against robbery or to do what happened to you. You're definitely in the right.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You do have some recourse.

Think for a second about how your ATM card works.

All ATM machines are connected to a network, where your bank ends up reimbursing the ATM owner for the money you got.

This is the reason for ATM fees. There are real costs associated with these transactions.

That's why those ATM networks originally formed, where basically some banks agreed not to charge each other money for processing each other's transactions. So if you used an ATM on your "network", you would get the transaction for free, even if it wasn't your bank.

Other banks simply ate ATM charges passed onto them, as a marketing gimmick to get new customers.

But back to your situation.

You did not receive the money you requested, and thus the transaction you paid $1.95 for was not completed. You are legally due a refund.

The only exception would be if the machine gave you a warning screen of, "We only have $20 to dispense, not the $100 you requested. Still want to proceed? YES/NO"

But it seems you didn't get that warning screen, and it just gave you the $20 and charged you $1.95. Unacceptable.

The ATM does not and cannot know why you are withdrawing $100. It is very possible that a withdrawal of $20 will be useless to you, and you need either $100 or don't need the transaction. For example, if you owe someone in the bar $95 and use the ATM to get his money, simply getting $20 isn't going to cut it. Or, as you said, perhaps you needed more than $20 for what you were going to spend at the business.

The bottom line is that this service was not delivered, and therefore they cannot legally charge you the fee.

Fortunately, as it's your bank actually taking the $1.95 from you (even though the charge originated at the ATM), you have some recourse here.

You should call your bank immediately and demand that this charge get reversed. The bank will probably just eat the $1.95 itself (because it's not worth $2 to them to open an investigation), so you need to take it a bit further. As this is about the principle and not the money, I would suggest you ask your bank how to file a fraud complaint against the owner of that ATM, and then proceed that way. It is fraud because you were charged the $1.95, not given the service you were paying for, and then refused a refund when you requested it. You can also state that you personally spoke to at least 10 people (say that, even if it's not true) who also confirmed this has happened to them at this ATM.

If by some chance you get a moron who refuses to reverse this charge, get a supervisor or a manager. Make sure you are speaking to someone in the US. Someone in India or the Philippines will respond with something like, "I'm sorry sir, we are not responsible for ATM fees charged by other banks."

I'm not sure if this complaint will go anywhere, but if it does, the ATM will either be kicked off the network or will be threatened regarding future consequences for doing this.

Furthermore, write up negative reviews on Yelp and Tripadvisor (especially Yelp).

Keep your story short. While I enjoyed the detail of your story, most Yelp readers aren't going to want to read all that shit. Just make it very simple. "I tried to withdraw $100 from their ATM, it gave me only $20, which wasn't nearly the amount I needed, and still charged me the $1.95 service fee. Amazingly, the owner WOULD NOT REFUND THE $1.95 or even comp a beer to make up for it. He was extremely RUDE and told me it wasn't his problem. Upon talking to other customers, at least ten other people told me that this "happens all time" at this location! Avoid this place, and the owner who clearly doesn't mind breaking the law to cheat his customers!"

Something like that will dissuade plenty of people from going there, as Yelp has become a highly used resource when people want to check out a new bar or restaurant.

You might also want to file an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB is kind of a semi-scam itself, but it has a good reputation with the general public, and if this guy fails to respond to their inquiry, he will get an F, and that will also hurt him.

GL

Load Metric
    Y
    The only exception would be if the machine gave you a warning screen of, "We only have $20 to dispense, not the $100 you requested. Still want to proceed? YES/NO"
    Expect this is an option on the set up of the ATM that the owner has turned off on purpose. This is a pure scam move on owners part.

Yep, call your bank, they should help you out.

If the bar isn't a member of the BBB, then BBB will be useless. Bought a car at a used car lot. Threw a rod about 4 days later, driving home for Thanksgiving. Called BBB, they laughed at me. Lot was not a BBB member. Doubt this place is too.

OP is in the right here, morally anyway.

GL on getting your money back.

Banned
    Load Metric

All ATM machines are connected to a network, where your bank ends up reimbursing the ATM owner for the money you got.

This is the reason for ATM fees. There are real costs associated with these transactions.

That's why those ATM networks originally formed, where basically some banks agreed not to charge each other money for processing each other's transactions. So if you used an ATM on your "network", you would get the transaction for free, even if it wasn't your bank.

Other banks simply ate ATM charges passed onto them, as a marketing gimmick to get new customers.

You did not receive the money you requested, and thus the transaction you paid $1.95 for was not completed. You are legally due a refund.

But it seems you didn't get that warning screen, and it just gave you the $20 and charged you $1.95. Unacceptable.

The ATM does not and cannot know why you are withdrawing $100. It is very possible that a withdrawal of $20 will be useless to you, and you need either $100 or don't need the transaction. For example, if you owe someone in the bar $95 and use the ATM to get his money, simply getting $20 isn't going to cut it. Or, as you said, perhaps you needed more than $20 for what you were going to spend at the business.

The bottom line is that this service was not delivered, and therefore they cannot legally charge you the fee.

Fortunately, as it's your bank actually taking the $1.95 from you (even though the charge originated at the ATM), you have some recourse here.

You should call your bank immediately and demand that this charge get reversed. The bank will probably just eat the $1.95 itself (because it's not worth $2 to them to open an investigation), so you need to take it a bit further. As this is about the principle and not the money, I would suggest you ask your bank how to file a fraud complaint against the owner of that ATM, and then proceed that way. It is fraud because you were charged the $1.95, not given the service you were paying for, and then refused a refund when you requested it. You can also state that you personally spoke to at least 10 people (say that, even if it's not true) who also confirmed this has happened to them at this ATM.

If by some chance you get a moron who refuses to reverse this charge, get a supervisor or a manager. Make sure you are speaking to someone in the US. Someone in India or the Philippines will respond with something like, "I'm sorry sir, we are not responsible for ATM fees charged by other banks."

I'm not sure if this complaint will go anywhere, but if it does, the ATM will either be kicked off the network or will be threatened regarding future consequences for doing this.

Furthermore, write up negative reviews on Yelp and Tripadvisor (especially Yelp).

Keep your story short. While I enjoyed the detail of your story, most Yelp readers aren't going to want to read all that shit. Just make it very simple. "I tried to withdraw $100 from their ATM, it gave me only $20, which wasn't nearly the amount I needed, and still charged me the $1.95 service fee. Amazingly, the owner WOULD NOT REFUND THE $1.95 or even comp a beer to make up for it. He was extremely RUDE and told me it wasn't his problem. Upon talking to other customers, at least ten other people told me that this "happens all time" at this location! Avoid this place, and the owner who clearly doesn't mind breaking the law to cheat his customers!"

Something like that will dissuade plenty of people from going there, as Yelp has become a highly used resource when people want to check out a new bar or restaurant.

You might also want to file an online complaint with the Better Business Bureau. The BBB is kind of a semi-scam itself, but it has a good reputation with the general public, and if this guy fails to respond to their inquiry, he will get an F, and that will also hurt him.

GL
    Todd,

I just had an epiphany about you and your tactics for jew warfare.

Your self entitled, silver spoon fed, lazy ass NON WORKING jew ass is UNEMPLOYED WITH HOURS UPON HOURS OF FREE TIME ON HIS HANDS.

The average person does not have the time nor the energy or patience to follow through taking your advuce.

YOU ON THE OTHER HAND don't have a job and have more free time than any of us will ever have.

Principle/15+hours/$1.95 is not a winning equation.

Get a job and see what it's like in the real world to spend hours on the phone for 2 bucks.

Comments

Serial Fail: SO FUCKING THIS

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Greek God View Post

GL
    Todd,

Your self entitled, silver spoon fed, lazy ass NON WORKING jew ass is UNEMPLOYED WITH HOURS UPON HOURS OF FREE TIME ON HIS HANDS.

The average person does not have the time nor the energy or patience to follow through taking your advuce.

YOU ON THE OTHER HAND don't have a job and have more free time than any of us will ever have.

Get a job and see what it's like in the real world to spend hours on the phone for 2 bucks.
    The guy who went broke in Laughlin and had to beg someone for money to get to Vegas is lecturing me about getting a job.

That's rich.

Gordman already expressed that he wanted to do something here over the principle of the matter, AND he has a job. I was just giving him advice on how to go about it.

Pretty sweet that you feel it's "self entitled" to spread the word about a sleazy bar owner operating an ATM scam, though.

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!!!

Banned
    Load Metric
    Gordman-

It's really simple. You were not doubt 100% wronged in this scenario. But as I'm sure you're well aware of. You need to pick and choose your battles wisely.

The best thing to do would simply never go back to that bar again. AS WELL as telling any and all of your friends or anyone within earshot to never patronize that shit hole again.
    Dam Todd - give me a minute to catch up.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Apparently, there's a decent reddit thread on this type of business. Seems like a cash cow (if you don't get robbed), and if the owner of the bar owns the machine, he's probably making bank on it if his bar doesn't take credit cards.

https://m.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/...rested_in_how/
    There is a retired couple in Vegas that used to play the 10-20 limit hold'em game at Bellagio on Sundays. Haven't played in it in a while, but it used to be a fun recreational type game (as opposed to 20/40 and 40/80), especially during NFL season. They got in the biz early and had many machines all over the west. They were in no way boasting, we were just making casual conversation, but it was obvious they were living comfortably.

Load Metric

Todd,

So a few things here...
    - You are 100% right about Todd, however judging him for not having a job and potentially him going ape shit over $2 is wrong. He doesn't need a job because he has amassed millions from both poker and his jewy tactics. He is however self entitled to a degree most would think is not real.

-Todd neversaid HE would do this, just gave advice. Also, while I believe todd would chase this out of principle I doubt he would put in all the effort over $2, maybe $5 but I dunno about 2.

-Dude, if it's true that you had to beg for money because you lost it and couldn't make it to vegas... you should be the last person to ever judge anyone. Also, maybe you should become more of a jew being that you are indeed broke.

Todd, while I think it's a bit nuts all the stuff you wrote, 100% agree with you that if he really just wanted to fuck with the business this would be the way.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Handi- thx for your response.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Now, before I start off, I want to disclose a couple of things. I'm not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but for the context of the situation i feel its necessary to say that I don't consider myself a petty individual. I am what I think most people would consider to be a pretty generous person and a generally nice guy. That being said, I do have a pet peeve - that being customer service. Probably like alot of you, I have encountered too many terrible customer service situations, and I personally will not tolerate shitty service. I will make it my mission to have a situation rightfully corrected or expose an establishment for what they have done. I don't like people being taken advantage of, including myself.

Ok, so about a week ago i decided to make a spur of the moment trip to a local bar to have a few drinks. These days, and at my age, my bar trips are fairly scarce and if i want to have a drink i will mostly do it at home, unless a bar trip involves my friends being there and i want to be with them. I have only been to this particular bar once before, but A friend of mine texted me late at night asking me to come out so i did.

I didn't have any cash in my wallet so when I got there I used the ATM (see the receipt posted) I requested $100. Like the receipt says, it only dispensed $20 for me and then immediately declared it was out of order because it was empty. As you can see, it still charged me a withdrawal fee. Now first off, I have never ever seen an ATM dispense less money than requested. I have only seen an all-or-none deal. Now, ok, if there are ATM's that do that, then i guess it is what it is. To disclose - There was no warning or anything before I made the withdrawal that the machine was low or anything like that. But that withdrawal fee tho...

At this point, im not really upset or anything, i mean, things happen right? So I go up to the bar and order a drink. While she is making the drink in front of me, I kindly tell her my situation. In a nutshell im saying, hey i used the ATM and it only gave me a $20 but im going to need more, and I asked her if there were any other ways to get cash. ( I wasn't looking for a tab either) (i said this because a few bars in my area will run the card through their equipment behind the bar and give you $$.

She responds by saying "no we can't do that here". I said OK, no problem... I understand. She then said that the owner of the bar will be out shortly and he will refill the ATM. I then discussed the ATM fee. I explained that I was (in my eyes) given an incomplete transaction from the ATM and was still charged the fee. I asked her if I could be reimbursed for the fee since I wasn't given the full amount. Mind you now - it was $1.95, and im fully assuming that she would painlessly satisfy me by either crediting me back or say "hey how about I just buy you the next beer".
    Her response? "No, we won't do that". I then reiterated my point that I wasn't given a complete transaction but I was still charged. She says "that happens all of the time, there is nothing I can do". I then ask to speak to the owner and she says he will be out in a few minutes to fill the ATM and ill tell him to come by you. Two other patrons (one of them being an off duty bartender there) chime in and say " yeah, that happens here all of the time". Im waiting and about 15 minutes go by, and I flag the bartender down asking when the owner is going to come out. She says, oh he already came out and refilled the ATM. Im like, "ok...he never stopped to talk to me about my complaint". She tells me she'll get him and another 5 minutes go by, and he finally comes out.
    (oh, btw, I recorded part of the convo on my phone)

This guy does not look happy. He looks like he is inherently pissed off and on a mission to breath fire at any customer who dares to complain. He comes up to me and I don't even get a few words out of my mouth explaining my situation and he says " the ATM's refilled, go use it". I ask him, ok am I going to be charged another transaction fee? he of course says yes and theres nothing he can do about it. I try to reason with him and say "hey look, this shouldn't be a big deal for you. I was ready to withdraw $100 and spend it at your bar...you mean you can't just credit me ONE $2 beer so i am not charged twice for what I wanted to withdraw?!" he says"NOPE, there's nothing I can do". He got very feisty and defensive and wouldn't calm down whatsoever with me...no apology either....nothing. I wasn't mean to him, I wasn't mean to the bartender, I wasn't mean to anyone there....heck, none of them even knew me, yet this is how I was treated. I drank the last gulp of my drink, grabbed my change, he was still bickering - and I said, "hey, save it...you said it, there is nothing you can do...but guess what, everyone is going to know how you treat your customers." Then he got even more pissed LOL

Oh, BTW - I did a little research since then and also asked a number of my local friends about this place, and many of them commented on how rude the owner was and saying "yeah, that's about par for him"

Now, for a few of you who may not have truly followed along. This was NOT really about getting $2 back. That $2 back should have been EASILY handled by the bartender when I first brought it up. 30 seconds and on, this isn't about $2 any more. It's about seeing if a business owner passes a test and makes the customer happy so I decide to keep returning there; in a small town like mine, businesses cannot afford to be shitty to customers.

So, what say you?

Please don't give me a "dude, it's $2... STFU" This isn't about $2. It's about service. I could have easily spent a couple hundred there...but now I will never go back. And to top it off, I don't know the regulations, but is charging someone a fee like that for an incomplete transaction even legal?? Ive never even encountered an atm that gave less money than what you request in the first place. Once again, think about it: The owner of the business fills the ATM; he has complete control of how much money is deposited into it. Two bartenders of the business, and one patron says that what happened to me happens ALL of the time. What exactly are the odds of that?? Very very slim in my book.

Name:  atm receipt.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  50.2 KB
    I generally clobber people who complain about c.s. but i know your rep. Your generous and cool like that soooo

The owner was an asshole, the machine should have denied you when you requested an amount higher then the amount in the machine..

You have to input the amount every time you refill it and when you dont the machine behaves like that.

Most owners dont want to go through the trouble and wink/wink (fuck it). Extra money.

He should have just gave u 2 bucks out his pocket or a2$ credit with the Bartender..also the the atm has to allow a custermer to withdraw at least 200$ i have seen some atm,s have a max of 40$ and the stupid kids just make 3x transactions...

Im with u on this one..

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post
    So a few things here...

- You are 100% right about Todd, however judging him for not having a job and potentially him going ape shit over $2 is wrong. He doesn't need a job because he has amassed millions from both poker and his jewy tactics. He is however self entitled to a degree most would think is not real.

-Todd neversaid HE would do this, just gave advice. Also, while I believe todd would chase this out of principle I doubt he would put in all the effort over $2, maybe $5 but I dunno about 2.

Todd, while I think it's a bit nuts all the stuff you wrote, 100% agree with you that if he really just wanted to fuck with the business this would be the way.
    Gonna come to Druff's defense here.

(1) Druff values giving value to his customers. So, all of the effort he put into his response is an example of his commitment to that principle. Gotta respect that.

(2) $2 once is not the issue. It's all of the fucking $2s the funking banks squeeze people in so many ways because they are greedy amoral anything-for-profit corporations. Trust me. I used to study and teach in that field.

(3) Why does it have to me his "jewy" tactics? John D. Rockefeller wasn't a Jew. He was a Christian whose Scotch-Irish mother imbued in him a legendary respect for frugality. For example, he kept a journal of EVERY time he made or spent money, regardless of the amount. And made his kids do the same! By comparison, Druff is practically a spendthrift!

http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/so...-a-rockefeller
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by handicapme View Post

Todd,

So a few things here...

-Dude, if it's true that you had to beg for money because you lost it and couldn't make it to vegas... you should be the last person to ever judge anyone. Also, maybe you should become more of a jew being that you are indeed broke.

While I appreciate the semi-defense above, I am really not "self entitled". I feel I am very fair in determining the difference between when I have really been screwed or treated poorly by a business, versus just stupid annoyances that should be shrugged off.

In a case like this, you have a guy who is clearly screwing multiple customers over and over with those ATM fees on an uncompleted transaction, so it's completely fair and just to seek to alert the public to it. It's not like seeking destroy a restaurant with bad reviews because you just didn't like how the chicken tasted.

I once had an issue at a hotel where a whole lot of fail happened, and despite the high price I paid there (it was a mediocre place during "high season"), they wouldn't adjust the bill down. I threatened to post about the experience on Yelp and Tripadvisor. The manager got mad and responded, "Oh I see, so if we don't give in to your demands, you're threatening to hurt us on social media?"

I responded, "I'm not threatening anything. I am saying that if I leave here unhappy, I will post a true and correct account of everything that happened, and I will let the people on social media decide whether that affects their decision to come here."

She backed down.

Giving the public information on crappy businesses is a service that benefits us all, provided that the truth is told. It is not "self entitled" or "jewy".

Comments

MumblesBadly: Right on, man! (Except it should be "nor" before "jewy" in the last sentence.)

Load Metric
    Druff in nature:

Comments

4Dragons: awesome

big dick: HOLY shit so funny

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Druff in nature:
    Just because most people are sheeple who passive-aggressively let themselves be taken advantage of doesn't mean the Druffites should do likewise.

Comments

Jayjami: Agreed

Hockey Guy: I also agree but that video was worth it.

Thread Information