Blog Entries
    Load Metric

The German's........never forget

GLOBE EDITORIAL
    Volkswagen has made a fool of its customers with emissions scandal

The Globe and Mail
    Published Monday, Sep. 21, 2015 6:30PM EDT
    Last updated Tuesday, Sep. 22, 2015 10:00AM EDT

It’s amazing what a little software can do – turn a portable phone into a computer, put a man on the moon, destroy the reputation of a German car company. Yes, all it took to send the Love Bug into the ditch was a few lines of code.
    Volkswagen has been accused by the United States Environmental Protection Agency of hiding software in its popular line of diesel cars in order to circumvent emissions standards. The company isn’t denying the charge and has stopped selling the models in question in the States. Volkswagen Canada also pulled those models off the floor on Monday; the same thing is happening in European countries.
    The software was evil ingenuity incarnate. It adjusted the engine’s output in order to reduce emissions when a car was hooked up to testing equipment, then increased the emissions above legal levels when the car was on the road, giving the engine more power to go along with the extra smog.
    Volkswagen’s CEO, Martin Winterkorn, apologized over the weekend. The company’s stock dropped 20 per cent on Monday, partly because the EPA says the fine for this alleged deception could rise as high as $18-billion, and partly because the company is now faced with recalling 482,000 cars in the U.S. alone.
    This is a disaster for Volkswagen. The company struggled after the U.S. brought in new emissions standards in 2007 that forced it to stop selling its diesel models. It has made a comeback since 2009, when it introduced bestselling “clean diesel” models that we now know were not especially clean at all.
    That comeback is now over. Beyond the damage from the fines and stock drop lies the prospect of multiple class-action lawsuits. One has already been filed in Seattle; expect many more.
    The most unsavoury part of this business is that Volkswagen deliberately deceived consumers, who were told they were buying one thing but were sold another. There was no way for the consumer to beware, because the treachery was hidden deep in the computer chips that operate modern vehicles, and the cars had the EPA’s stamp of approval.
    Volkswagen played its customers for fools. Its slogan is “Das Auto,” but it will be a long time before anyone associates Volkswagen with something so straightforward again.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    gg Volkswagen.

Pretty sure they aren't the only ones fiddling their emission figures. Watch this space.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by DRK Star View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinWright View Post
    Not that I believe your story but who the fuck ever gave you permission to use charitable funds for the good of your cock.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Es ist alles nur ein großes Missverständnis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    Just got my hard copy of Road & Track in the mail.

Great article about the Volkswagen fiasco.

One Man Established the Culture That Led to VW's Emissions Scandal
    A Diesel Dictatorship, according to Bob Lutz.
    http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...diesel-fiasco/

You always remember that asshole high school coach and that Boss from hell. Funny thing is that over time your subconscious slowly revises the memory to something that approaches fondness.

Ferdinand Piëch was one of my old bosses. (figuratively, dumbass)

Anyway, Performance Car of the Year Issue this month. A surprising choice was made that has my dreaming in the way that I have since I was 15 - whilst piloting company issued Malibus and minivans full,of kids.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I would love to buy one of those vw diesel,s... and a car that still takes leaded gas. I miss those

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    I would love to buy one of those vw diesel,s... and a car that still takes leaded gas. I miss those
    trust me, from one square jaw to the next, not to mention being an Audi Quattro driver for a number of years,
    those bastard'ss will pay.........

test drives and deals at VW et al

My pick.

No dick.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Now that I think oF it, I was planning on writing a book
    but coulNd't think of a good title.
    Gosh anyways, I'm going WIFF title before story.

THE GERMANS

Thread Information