Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

Agree entirely with your British recommendations. The Night Manager is terrific. As for an American series, if you're into violence and scamming, Shut Eye is very good.
    Sorry about some of the series I mentioned, I get Netflix, Amazon, and my bittorrent downloads jumbled together.
    Prolly doesn't help that Netflix isn't exactly the same in every area. Few shows that have potential, that might be on Netflix somewhere someday, The Son and American Gods.

Only the first episode is out from American Gods and it might end up sucking but it's got few things going for it. It's based on book by Neil Gaiman, created by Bryan Fuller and Iam McShane is in it.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Apparently the twins are unwilling to appear on Fuller House but Walking Dead appears to be a real possibility
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric

Agree entirely with your British recommendations. The Night Manager is terrific. As for an American series, if you're into violence and scamming, Shut Eye is very good.
    Sorry about some of the series I mentioned, I get Netflix, Amazon, and my bittorrent downloads jumbled together.

All I got is Amazon Prime and Netflix. And like gimmick touched on, Netflix doesn't offer the same shows in all areas/countries.

Have my eye on a dozen or more shows which I just haven't pulled the trigger on yet, even though they're 8+/10 on Imdb.

Really need that feedback from like minded people before committing to a lengthy series... Been suckered too many times and ended up watching pure shite after just going off the high ratings on imdb etc.

Will post what I've got saved tomorrow and hopefully catch a few green lights from people who've already taken the plunge.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Apparently the twins are unwilling to appear on Fuller House but Walking Dead appears to be a real possibility
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Load Metric
    Fauda is outstanding.

Bordertown is definitely not for everyone. Set in a Finnish town right on the Russian border, it mixes the depravity introduced by Russian organized crime with what is often thought to be the safest country in the world. Human trafficking, drug trafficking, dog fighting, auto theft and export are among the issues dealt with during different murder investigations by a "Monk" style police detective. May be too slow paced for some.

When "Little Boy Blue" eventually shows up on one of these subscription services, grab it if British police shows like "Line of Duty" are your kind of show. Right now it's still in 1st run on British tv.

Comments

ToasterOven: bordertown is good

Load Metric
    Fauda is outstanding.

Bordertown is definitely not for everyone. Set in a Finnish town right on the Russian border, it mixes the depravity introduced by Russian organized crime with what is often thought to be the safest country in the world. Human trafficking, drug trafficking, dog fighting, auto theft and export are among the issues dealt with during different murder investigations by a "Monk" style police detective. May be too slow paced for some.

When "Little Boy Blue" eventually shows up on one of these subscription services, grab it if British police shows like "Line of Duty" are your kind of show. Right now it's still in 1st run on British tv.

Cool. Will check Fauda out starting tomorrow night.

Little Boy Blue cuts close to the bone with me. A true story crime committed in the city i'm from, Liverpool.

I even know the boy's father. Used to sit right by me at Everton's football matches with his kid/s (we play in blue shirts, hence the title). He sits in another part of the ground now, but still see him at the odd away game and share a pint at half time. Tho haven't seen him for a while now.

Thoroughly good bloke/family who lost his 11yo kid after he was shot dead. It stunned the whole city and we wanted blood.

Few of us went down to the church for the funeral as uninvited guests to pay our respects. We arrived and it turned out at least a couple of thousand others had same idea... Gives you some idea how hard it hit the city.

We seen part 3 of the 4 part series yesterday. Found the first episode difficult to watch... Won't say nothing else for spoiler reasons. But it's more than worth a watch when it comes your way.

Load Metric
    Second season of Master of None is up. No spoilers, but episode 3 is funny as fuck.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: A+

ToasterOven: master of none is good

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Second season of Master of None is up. No spoilers, but episode 3 is funny as fuck.
    related, Aziz on Bill Simmons podcast was a lot of fun https://soundcloud.com/the-bill-simm...stories-ep-212

Load Metric
    parts of this show where I legit can't tell if he's fucked up or has early onset dementia

Load Metric

Good stuff.

Load Metric
    Fauda is outstanding.

i am going to check our bordertown, thanks. just watched S 2 of last kingdom, its not bad, more filler time, but entertaining.

Load Metric
    I could have sworn that S2 of Better call Saul was going to be released on Netflix with a new episode each week, I think I watched episode 1 and then it vanished. guess ill wait.

Load Metric
    I know there is a documentaries thread, but watch CARTELAND now!!!

One of the best films made. At-once harrowing and insightful, it is a portrait of corruption and an echo of the moral from Achebe's "Things Fall Apart."

Load Metric
    Fuck this Bloodline is annoying the f out of me. I can't follow the storyline at all. Skipping all around. It was so good last season.

Comments

BCR: Yeah, I spent like 4 hours on episode 1 trying to watch at poker table. I'd pause,

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    Fuck this Bloodline is annoying the f out of me. I can't follow the storyline at all. Skipping all around. It was so good last season.

Man I'm done trying to rep on phone. Gibberish. I tried watching while playing poker and spent like 4 hours on episode 1 where I'd play a hand, then try to recall what I was watching, skip back 15 minutes, and then repeat process until I gave up. Figured it was just because I was playing, but I couldn't figure out what the fuck was going on. Felt completely disjointed.

Load Metric
    I didn't read or watch any reviews of this flick, some of may well have included comments like this:

...... "Good shite!"

...... "Any wanker who doesn't like this movie can bugger off."

...... "From the grave, Olivier is likely seething with envy that he didn't live long enough to appear in it."

Seriously, it was fun to watch if you like Julian Barratt's type of humor.

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 06-18-2017 at 07:13 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    The writers were probably planning for it to last longer than 3 seasons. Netflix didn't renew it and they had to squeeze everything into one last season. The final 2 episodes were a disaster.

Load Metric
    Recent bloodline was an abortion.

Master of none is good
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Fauda is outstanding.

thanks for Bordertown recommendation. I like it, can be a bit slow (its nordic, all their stuff seems slow, try reading a nordic book!) , but pretty good.

Silver
    Load Metric
    first 10 episodes of Gypsy were solid

Thread Information