Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Load Metric
    Watched The Fall. Enjoyed it, but man, that was a serious man-hating feminist show. Felt influenced by the Girl With Dragon Tattoo series of books/movies. Same vibe. Still good. Starting River now, will move on to The Crown after.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Loved River.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So, a little wish of mine kind of came true

Once in a while i am out of town at a pad in the woods doing none other than woodsy guy stuff like hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling etc.

The cell reception can be very spotty, right down to literally where you are standing on the property. Of course there is no phone line run to the cabin either or anything like that, and i never even bothered to get a dish, because i feel im not there often enough to justify the ridiculous cost/extended contract etc.

I try to make it a goal that when im out there to just out the phone down, turn the tv off, and enjoy the peaceful solitude and nature surrounding me. Nonetheless, sometimes if im there and the evening is winding down, id like to be able to kick back and watch something.

So recently Netflix announced that you can download some of their content. Great! Pretty much what i was wishing for; except i noticed reading an article that the downloads were apparently only available for ios and Android. My issue is that i will normally hook my laptop up to the tv via HDMI.

Is there any way to bypass the mechanisms so that i can download Netflix onto the laptop? If not, does anyone have any ideas as to the best avenue to remedy my issue and simply watch something? I mean, i used to do the torrent thing a while ago, but it seems as though its fading and its becoming harder to find the right shows with a good quality picture.

Ideas?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Watched The Fall. Enjoyed it, but man, that was a serious man-hating feminist show. Felt influenced by the Girl With Dragon Tattoo series of books/movies. Same vibe. Still good. Starting River now, will move on to The Crown after.
    Give Rectify a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    I have always tried to carry myself with a high level of integrity in the poker community and I take it very personally when someone calls that in to question.

Load Metric
    Half way through 'Outlander' and I'm officially recommending it.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post

Once in a while i am out of town at a pad in the woods doing none other than woodsy guy stuff like hunting, fishing, 4 wheeling etc.

The cell reception can be very spotty, right down to literally where you are standing on the property. Of course there is no phone line run to the cabin either or anything like that, and i never even bothered to get a dish, because i feel im not there often enough to justify the ridiculous cost/extended contract etc.

I try to make it a goal that when im out there to just out the phone down, turn the tv off, and enjoy the peaceful solitude and nature surrounding me. Nonetheless, sometimes if im there and the evening is winding down, id like to be able to kick back and watch something.

So recently Netflix announced that you can download some of their content. Great! Pretty much what i was wishing for; except i noticed reading an article that the downloads were apparently only available for ios and Android. My issue is that i will normally hook my laptop up to the tv via HDMI.

Is there any way to bypass the mechanisms so that i can download Netflix onto the laptop? If not, does anyone have any ideas as to the best avenue to remedy my issue and simply watch something? I mean, i used to do the torrent thing a while ago, but it seems as though its fading and its becoming harder to find the right shows with a good quality picture.

Ideas?
    Do you have an iphone or android? I think you could stream local media (from your phone) to a Chromecast device without an internet connection.

Comments

Gordman:

Load Metric
    Name:  Screenshot_20161208-190655.png
Views: 798
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20161208-200117.png
Views: 828
Size:  1.19 MB
    Here's the screenshot where whitey looks at me, but I'm not scared and continue to drink beer.

Comments

DJ_Chaps: solid gig

Crowe Diddly:

lewfather: got him

Load Metric
    Bo Burnham's "Make Happy" was incredible
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post

Ideas?
    Do you have an iphone or android? I think you could stream local media (from your phone) to a Chromecast device without an internet connection.

Forgot to respond to this.

Thank you, sounds like that might just work.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20161208-190655.png
Views: 798
Size:  77.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20161208-200117.png
Views: 828
Size:  1.19 MB
    Here's the screenshot where whitey looks at me, but I'm not scared and continue to drink beer.
    honestly though this movie is underrated. it's like a 7/10 on imdb currently but if you're just a fan of gangster flicks its probably more in the high 7's to 8's. If scorsese directs you got yourself a 8+.

plus everybody wants a 3some these days, this film stars two kunts. one being kuntmissioner and the other being j.depp.

god bless nicks comedy stop

Comments

Crowe Diddly: lew knows rep

Load Metric
    ok this is on Showtime but worth watching if you have access to Show:
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...hn-mcafee.html

Cliffs, Mcafee is a paranoid genius who kept a harem of women in Belize. Forget murdering his neighbor,etc., the most shocking thing in the movie is that is into his various girls, I kid you not, shitting in his mouth! no sex, just shitting....

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Charham View Post
    ok this is on Showtime but worth watching if you have access to Show:
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...hn-mcafee.html

Cliffs, Mcafee is a paranoid genius who kept a harem of women in Belize. Forget murdering his neighbor,etc., the most shocking thing in the movie is that is into his various girls, I kid you not, shitting in his mouth! no sex, just shitting....
    Been there. Done that.

Check out Sonatine's thread

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i would not make a thread about it if it wasnt amazing, ok?

im half way through and im already making this thread.

ok ok okokko

HE PAID LOCAL GIRLS $900 A DAY TO SHIT IN HIS MOUTH

HALF WAY THROUGH.

Comments

Charham: good find, yes thread worthy!

Load Metric
    Recommend "For Grace". Didn't think a docu about a chef would make me cry.

Also, I tried to book a reservation for my bday at Grace two months out. No shot
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    Recommend "For Grace". Didn't think a docu about a chef would make me cry.

Also, I tried to book a reservation for my bday at Grace two months out. No shot
    just came across that doc. how long ahead of time would you need for that place? 6 months? year?

Load Metric
    Finally got around to watching Black Mirror. I fucking love it so far. The writers seem to be borderline Ted Kaczynski disciples in how they portray technology invading our lives.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    fine print play fo sho. "Too many people are watching on your account right now" Care to upgrade for two bucks a month. And they show the other viewers. Just one other

Fuckers allowed five viewers at a time when I signed up.

Me heepin steamed

Load Metric
    I thought the 3% was pretty sick if you dont mind dealing with the subtitles. I usually cant stand them, but for whatever reason they didnt bother me with this show

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Finally got around to watching Black Mirror. I fucking love it so far. The writers seem to be borderline Ted Kaczynski disciples in how they portray technology invading our lives.
    Yep good show, gets better as it goes on imo, esp the last season. First episode of series 1 I didn't like but other than that it's v entertaining
    BALLIN'!!

Load Metric
    Currently watching Louis Theroux documentaries, v good.

Not on Netflix but Love/Hate is one hell of a show.

My fave recently has been stranger things

Comments

donkdowndonedied: Louis Theroux mention.
    BALLIN'!!

Gold
    Load Metric

Ideas?
    My Android which is like 3 years old does hdmi out. You have to buy the appropriate cables but this solution is surely more direct if your phone has that capability.

Comments

Gordman: Ty

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post

Ideas?
    My Android which is like 3 years old does hdmi out. You have to buy the appropriate cables but this solution is surely more direct if your phone has that capability.
    Thanks for the info

Thread Information