Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Load Metric
    I’ve watched the first two stories of Netflix’s docuseries “Heist”. First one is just okay, but the second one is excellent.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Untold: Crime & Penalties

mobster Jimmy Galante buys his 17 yr old son a minor league hockey team, the Danbury (CT) Trashers

pretty entertaining
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    I’ve watched the first two stories of Netflix’s docuseries “Heist”. First one is just okay, but the second one is excellent.

I agree. Bourbon King was also great. Any Pappy Van Winkle story interests me a lot.

You know where I first heard about the Heist series? Drexel, some time ago on radio. He was pretty enthusiastic.

Load Metric
    Awesome movie.

She really kicks ass!!!

Load Metric
    Just finished watching Season 2 of Tiger King.

Just as bingey as Season 1.

Comments

BCR: Really? Wow I thought it was pointless and struggled to watch it.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Tiger King season 2 is horrible couldn't finish episode 2.

Liking yellowjackets so far

looking forward to this in January. Mcbride just has an amazing track record with these comedies (loved every season of his three shows).

and even more pumped for this... but such hype don;t know if it can live up to it.

Load Metric
    Also looking to watch this just for nostalgia. My friends jokingly referred to me as the wizard growing up. Unknown if it was for my video game skills or social ineptness.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Been watching Midnight Mass, really enjoying it.

In reference to Euphoria, I thought S1 was pretty good, but the 2 special episodes during the pandemic were boring as fuck. Got 1/2 through the first one and 1/4 through the second one. Also, it is a really shame that S2 was made during such woke times. That one blonde chick has a great rack, but I doubt we see any of it. Barely saw any of it in season 1, and that was before Hollywood went full woketard. As far as nudity goes, probably we see a couple dicks, some gay/trans sex and that is it; as that seems to be what is en vogue in Hollywoodand these days.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post

In reference to Euphoria, I thought S1 was pretty good, but the 2 special episodes during the pandemic were boring as fuck. Got 1/2 through the first one and 1/4 through the second one. Also, it is a really shame that S2 was made during such woke times. That one blonde chick has a great rack, but I doubt we see any of it. Barely saw any of it in season 1, and that was before Hollywood went full woketard. As far as nudity goes, probably we see a couple dicks, some gay/trans sex and that is it; as that seems to be what is en vogue in Hollywoodand these days.
    Identical for me on the bridging episodes (watched all of the first and half of the second). I assume they went with that format because of COVID restrictions but it was a completely different style than the series has played out. I want to feel like I'm watching degrassi on a crack xanax binge (season 1). No idea about the wokeness factor but in all honesty most good teen dramas are going to be fairly left leaning. Lets be honest it's right wing conservatism that pumps out the real shitty teen dramas.

Season one of the british skins is very good if you are looking for something similar. Absolutely worth watching

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

Identical for me on the bridging episodes (watched all of the first and half of the second). I assume they went with that format because of COVID restrictions but it was a completely different style than the series has played out. I want to feel like I'm watching degrassi on a crack xanax binge (season 1). No idea about the wokeness factor but in all honesty most good teen dramas are going to be fairly left leaning. Lets be honest it's right wing conservatism that pumps out the real shitty teen dramas.

Season one of the british skins is very good if you are looking for something similar. Absolutely worth watching

I wasn't really speaking to the quality of the show. I thought season 1 was watchable. I was speaking more towards the recent general trend in Hollywood towards getting rid of female nudity in favor of male nudity and gay/trans sex scenes.

Load Metric
    Also looking to watch this just for nostalgia. My friends jokingly referred to me as the wizard growing up. Unknown if it was for my video game skills or social ineptness.

So watched this this morning. Basically Christmas story, meets goldbergs, meets how I met your mother. Overall a B

Clearly I was the target audience so your mileage will vary depending on how much nintendo was part of your childhood. I myself got a nintendo in 87/88 christmas and was first of my friends to do so. Came with mario brothers and baseball.

Interestingly the movie clearly does not have a license to show nintendo stuff. No mention of any nintendo brands outside of the power glove. That's probably a good thing though as it stops them from being just a big nintendo promotional (see the movie the wizard).

The only real nintendo game shown is rampage which was horrible (one of my worst memories is beating that game on NES after playing for numerous hours as there is no save function). No idea why they chose this game. The other game is a fake recreation of streetfighter 2 which would have not come out for several more years.

Diamond
    Load Metric

Best part is when Tony tries to go down on Max and he tells him he sucks at sucking dick. LOL

Load Metric
    Reminder season 2 of righteous gemstones and euphoria both start this weekend.

Comments

gimmick:

Load Metric
    Only was able to watch the first 5 mins of euphoria but safe to say they are not toning anything down. Opening scene takes place in strip club and is quite the show.

Load Metric
    Season opener for euphoria was great. Exceeding my expectations.

Righteous gemstones was decent. Danny Mcbride has always managed to avoid monotony from season to season but not quite sure if they can do it again with this series. Still looking forward to it.

Series finale for yellowjackets tomorrow. Overall it's been very good but I can the feeling there are gonna be lots of loose ends that won't be resolved until next season. I still can;t decide if I like Yellow Jackets or The Wilds more.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Only was able to watch the first 5 mins of euphoria but safe to say they are not toning anything down. Opening scene takes place in strip club and is quite the show.
    Good to hear. Was really looking forward to S2, but also worried it got #MeToo'd and would suck.

After watching season 2 of the Witcher, we rewatched Season 1, and it was depressing seeing how much the show went woke and suffered for it.

Now I just have to find some time to watch it on my own. It was a little too much for my wife. She is pretty agnostic to the nudity, but the overall theme of the show is just too dark for her.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Good to hear. Was really looking forward to S2, but also worried it got #MeToo'd and would suck.

After watching season 2 of the Witcher, we rewatched Season 1, and it was depressing seeing how much the show went woke and suffered for it.

Now I just have to find some time to watch it on my own. It was a little too much for my wife. She is pretty agnostic to the nudity, but the overall theme of the show is just too dark for her.
    Saw the first 3 episodes. Can confirm they didn't tone anything down, especially when it comes to full frontal male nudity if that is your thing. Not really feeling this season to be honest. It is just so over the top and absurd. I felt like Season 1 was mostly exploring young adult characters finding their way in a nihilistic world, and it was interesting. But the End of Season 1 and now Season 2 has morphed into this completely ridiculous plot surrounding the fallout of one of the main characters dad having sex with another main character (a trans girl).

One thing that is really good is the music, and how they intertwine it into the show itself. There is one scene in Ep. 1 where a couple characters are driving to a party while Orville Peck's song "Dead of Night" is playing on the radio, and it is just really well done.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Also a couple episodes into what is so far a very interesting mystery/thriller called Archive 81. I don't even know how to describe it. The closest thing I can think of is the old Nic Cage movie 8 MM, but even this isn't a great comp.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Also a couple episodes into what is so far a very interesting mystery/thriller called Archive 81. I don't even know how to describe it. The closest thing I can think of is the old Nic Cage movie 8 MM, but even this isn't a great comp.
    Ended up watching this…it was pretty bad.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Ended up watching this…it was pretty bad.
    My wife really enjoys it. I have fallen asleep the last 2 nights watching it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Thread Information