Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Load Metric
    Jupiter's Legacy is fucking excellent

Also not on Netflix but Legion was really fucking good

Also co-signing on Bad Trip, I was laughing so hard my face hurt. If you want a good time drop some acid and watch Eric Andre's comedy special Legalize Everything

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    Jupiter's Legacy is fucking excellent

Also not on Netflix but Legion was really fucking good

Also co-signing on Bad Trip, I was laughing so hard my face hurt. If you want a good time drop some acid and watch Eric Andre's comedy special Legalize Everything
    Had to check but Netflix Canada is carrying Bad Trip. Big fan

John C Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix do not disappoint in the Sisters Brothers. Not a comedy. Gold rush era western.
    Going to watch it again.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Agree on Sisters Brothers, worth a watch.

Watched Legalize Everything....thought the funniest part was his dramatic interpretation of that sign he bought and the auto fill bit.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Just saw the new mini season of Love, Sex and Robots.

Frankly, it was pretty meh. For the most part stories weren't compelling and no tits and ass and very little gore. Definitely seems like the series was more concerned with being non offensive, politically correct and inclusive than interesting, and the result was meh.

One skit "Snow in the Desert" had a little T&A and gore, and it was pretty much the only interesting one. Too bad, because the first season most of the skits were super interesting.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Just saw the new mini season of Love, Sex and Robots.

Frankly, it was pretty meh. For the most part stories weren't compelling and no tits and ass and very little gore. Definitely seems like the series was more concerned with being non offensive, politically correct and inclusive than interesting, and the result was meh.

One skit "Snow in the Desert" had a little T&A and gore, and it was pretty much the only interesting one. Too bad, because the first season most of the skits were super interesting.
    Somewhat related to this and your anime thread. Berserk anime show from 98 was pretty decent and ticked most of the above boxes. Author of the manga died a few days ago.

Not too much T&A. More action oriented. Does get a bit disturbing towards the end.

There's trilogy from 2010ish that's mostly just the original show and apparently another show came out around 2016ish that wasn't as liked.

Oh and i wouldn't watch it with your kid. For nightmare fuel reasons.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Just binged Season 2 of Ragnarok. Is a modern twist on Norse mythology. They went a little overboard throwing in progressive/LGBTQ themes that dont really add much to the story itself, but that is just how it is if you are going to be watching a Netflix series in 2021.

Otherwise, really enjoyed both seasons. And being exposed to the mythology and characters through the Marvel movies definitely helps understand what is going on at that level.

Load Metric
    Trucks, a desperate mission to drive over melting ice roads to save some miners trapped underground, an unauthorize mid-level corporate sabotage plot, some kickass fight scenes with trucks v Mother Nature, trucks v trucks, and trucks v bad guys on snowmobiles, and Liam Neeson as one of truckers on the mission getting really angry at the bad guys. What more could you want in a summer movie during the middle of killer heatwave? And it’s trending one Netflix!

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    you dumb nerds do realize that soderbergh just dropped a new one on hbo which normally good enough for me 87 on rotten tomatoes k were trending right direction fine oh look don cheadle always in wait jon hamm as well ok wow what is happening here AND THEN

IT HAS FAT BRENDAN FRASER AND HES LITERALLY COMICALLY FAT im like 25 minutes in but fat brendan steals every fucking scene hes in

Load Metric
    like he is legitimately grossly fat and he doesnt wear it well at all its fucking incredible

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Trucks, a desperate mission to drive over melting ice roads to save some miners trapped underground, an unauthorize mid-level corporate sabotage plot, some kickass fight scenes with trucks v Mother Nature, trucks v trucks, and trucks v bad guys on snowmobiles, and Liam Neeson as one of truckers on the mission getting really angry at the bad guys. What more could you want in a summer movie during the middle of killer heatwave? And it’s trending one Netflix!

We saw this a couple days ago. The plot line of the Hollywood trope of the evil mining company (all the bad guys are white males of course) who are willing to murder 35 people to cover up they weren't utilizing proper safety precautions was absurd, but all the actions sequences involving semi trucks was pretty novel and interesting, and the movie was at least watchable.

Like Harrison Ford in the last Indiana Jones movie, Neeson has definitely hit the point where he is too old to credibly pull off being an action star though. He just looks too old and stiff and brittle (which is fine, he is almost 70).

Platinum
    Load Metric

We saw this a couple days ago. The plot line of the Hollywood trope of the evil mining company (all the bad guys are white males of course) who are willing to murder 35 people to cover up they weren't utilizing proper safety precautions was absurd, but all the actions sequences involving semi trucks was pretty novel and interesting, and the movie was at least watchable.

Like Harrison Ford in the last Indiana Jones movie, Neeson has definitely hit the point where he is too old to credibly pull off being an action star though. He just looks too old and stiff and brittle (which is fine, he is almost 70).
    Movie stunk. Liam will apparently do any pile of shit that comes across his desk...I blame his wife's death...probably just keeps busy

Three words for this movie...suck...suck...suck
    Last edited by Texter; 07-03-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Load Metric
    has anyone watched sweet tooth?

i watched the first episode or two and would like to know whether it's worth continuing or not
    Hi Lew!!!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Movie stunk. Liam will apparently do any pile of shit that comes across his desk...I blame his wife's death...probably just keeps busy

You are obviously anti-trucker! And probably anti-Kenworth, too!

P.S. Who gives a fuck about the plot?! The important feature of this movie is the kickass truck-driving scenes! And using that winch to right those flipped over heavily loaded rigs!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric

You are obviously anti-trucker! And probably anti-Kenworth, too!

P.S. Who gives a fuck about the plot?! The important feature of this movie is the kickass truck-driving scenes! And using that winch to right those flipped over heavily loaded rigs!
    Peterbilt or GTFO!

Comments

MumblesBadly: I figured as much!

Bronze
    Load Metric

Yeah, The Ice Road was pretty bad, but watchable. Cheap-looking digital effects too. That avalanche looked like a video game.

Load Metric
    Rejoice, as season 2 of I Think You Should Leave is out today, on netflix.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

i watched the first episode or two and would like to know whether it's worth continuing or not
    If you can just enjoy it for what it is it’s a good watch. Just don’t expect anything mind blowing.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dive_Bar_Dave View Post

Yeah, The Ice Road was pretty bad, but watchable. Cheap-looking digital effects too. That avalanche looked like a video game.
    The explosives tossed 20 feet from the truck with the explosion seen from miles away...didn’t do anything...ha.

Movie is terrible.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Not any worse than the bullshit action movies made by Michael Bay.

Load Metric

The acting sucked, the plot was horrible, but the action scenes were pretty good.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

Watched two episodes. Just could not get into it.

Thread Information