Page 30 of 39 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPIT this View Post
    Just saw 'Marriage Story'. So good. Might need to add a trigger warning if you've been through a divorce.
    My dad and sister both told me tonight that it was good. Guess that's the next one I watch.

Looks boring AF....what did they like about it?

Load Metric
    Locke and Key is pretty well done. Originally a comic book written by Joe Hill (the nom de plume of Stephen King's son) it was adapted into a 10 ep series. I assume there will be a season two. It's one of the better shows I have seen recently on Netflix.

I also recently watched the second season of Altered Carbon. I really enjoyed season 1, but the second was kind of meh. There was definitely less sex/nudity than season 1 and the story lines got a little loose. Overall not bad but not great.

Load Metric
    Has anybody seen "Kingdom"? I see season 2 just dropped. Not sure if it's worth checking out.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Has anybody seen "Kingdom"? I see season 2 just dropped. Not sure if it's worth checking out.
    muy bueno

Comments

SPIT this: thanks I think

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    muy bueno
    oooops, my bad. was thinking of The Last Kingdom

Load Metric
    Different Kingdom, highly recommended. One of the best series I've watched in recent years.
    Name:  43533.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  49.0 KB

Not on Netflix but seek this shit out.

Load Metric
    Dave

FXX

If you need a laugh and I think we all could use one

Load Metric
    Go watch Tiger King on Netflix. I couldn't stop watching. Every single person involved is completely out of their mind.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Watched 1st episode and hear it gets a lot more nuts

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Platform. OMFG

A third of the way in and it's your worst nightmare. I can't image it getting more twisted but I'm going
    to have to find out.

p.s.

I thought it was going to devolve but it was pedal was to the metal till the end.

Greater than or equal to Parasite.

Think 1984 or the Shining
    Last edited by limitles; 03-24-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Load Metric
    Go watch Tiger King on Netflix. I couldn't stop watching. Every single person involved is completely out of their mind.
    Guaranteed Druff will have a field day speaking his mind about one of the key people this document-series covers. If you’ve seen it, please don’t give it away. Let Druff have his fun with it.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Third season of Ozark dropped today. This one snuck up on me. Didn't realize a new season was dropping.

Comments

Sheesfaced: Same

Load Metric
    Just binged watched all 7 episodes. It was certainly compelling and definitely recommend.

Load Metric
    Tiger King, wtf did I just watch for 7 hours? Truly entertaining. I still don’t know what I think. I need some more time to process this thing. I binge watched the first 5 late and woke up and watched the last two. Like how the fuck is carol”s second husband even a real person amongst all these insane people sitting there in his khakis? He has to be some secret freak also.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Tiger King, wtf did I just watch for 7 hours? Truly entertaining. I still don’t know what I think. I need some more time to process this thing. I binge watched the first 5 late and woke up and watched the last two. Like how the fuck is carol”s second husband even a real person amongst all these insane people sitting there in his khakis? He has to be some secret freak also.
    Ha. Sft. My wife and I have talked about the show several times today and even said we wish there were more episodes to watch tonight. Glad you enjoyed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Ha. Sft. My wife and I have talked about the show several times today and even said we wish there were more episodes to watch tonight. Glad you enjoyed.

Yeah there will be another season to this thing and maybe a few spinoffs. The Scarface dude. The dude with a harem/cult. Every character feels like they could be their own small series. I feel like Dog the Bounty hunter should have made an appearance. Same bad hair and self-promotion streak as Joe. His family and these people had the same vibe

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

Yeah there will be another season to this thing and maybe a few spinoffs. The Scarface dude. The dude with a harem/cult. Every character feels like they could be their own small series. I feel like Dog the Bounty hunter should have made an appearance. Same bad hair and self-promotion streak as Joe. His family and these people had the same vibe
    I typically avoid shit like this but this series was fucki g wild.

Binging this is almost the wrong approach, as basically every scene is fucking absurd and hilarious; all at once it almost numbs you.

I have been reliving it this week through the memes, clips and my God what a world.

Comments

BCR: I agree on the binge part. You need to get to the next, yet it’s hard to even take it in. It’s not that it’s even necessarily great art. It’s just a compelling train wreck
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Ok, did James garretson remind y’all of prop joe from the wire?

Also, if you like this I am confident you would enjoy S-Town which is a great multipart podcast.

Comments

BCR: I already enjoyed S town. I’m an avid podcaster.

Load Metric
    Sign me up.

Comments

BCR: It’s a train wreck. Its the first true crime comedy I think I’ve ever seen

Load Metric
    DONT FUCK WITH CATS

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Is Tiger King good if you already know the story, I read a story in Texas monthly about these weirdos last year.

Thread Information