Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    People here are saying that Better Call Saul is on Netflix, but I don't see it anywhere. Is Netflix in Eu different than Netflix in the US or something?
    Damn, I forgot LotF is from the UK when he started this thread. Yeah there are significant regional differences with Netflix. I hear that the version in Canada is absolute dogshit.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    People here are saying that Better Call Saul is on Netflix, but I don't see it anywhere. Is Netflix in Eu different than Netflix in the US or something?
    Damn, I forgot LotF is from the UK when he started this thread. Yeah there are significant regional differences with Netflix. I hear that the version in Canada is absolute dogshit.

Ok, thanks for clarifying for me.

Load Metric
    Watched these two Anthony Bourdain episodes today. These really make me wonder how great the world would be if we didn't have religious nutjobs killing folks. I would no doubt love to go to Iran and Libya.

Comments

Krypt: Iran is really nice, but LOL LIBYA

Gold
    Load Metric
    Iris

Load Metric
    The Roman ruins are worth the trip imo.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    Watched these two Anthony Bourdain episodes today. These really make me wonder how great the world would be if we didn't have religious nutjobs killing folks. I would no doubt love to go to Iran and Libya.

You nailed it dude; Islam has completely hijacked PERSIA and relegated us to ARAB indoctrination. Iran will be an absolute economic powerhouse and allies with ISRAEL once the young people in that country throw out the islamists.

Load Metric
    The Roman ruins are worth the trip imo.
    Fair play to the romans, because obviously the dumbass Libyans/Arabs didn't have the capacity for that class of architecture.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Agreed. As a Christian, im glad you said religious nutjobs rather than trying to lump all religion together like some people do. At least, that's what I hope you meant

IMO, I have realized that between what Bourdain does and Zimmern, I would absolutely love to do (experience etc) what they do. I mean, you get to spend your time traveling to so many places, even obscure and potentially off-limits areas, experience the food, people, culture and everything else. You even have an opportunity to form a bridge that may help one society to further understand and accept another.

And all the while, you get paid a ton of money for doing so.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    BTW can anyone tell me their opinions on if HULU PLUS is worth getting, espec if you already have Netflix. Ive never signed up for it but i was thinking about it

Load Metric
    BTW can anyone tell me their opinions on if HULU PLUS is worth getting, espec if you already have Netflix. Ive never signed up for it but i was thinking about it
    If it still has the Criterion Collection, it is worth it for a while. The CC is an amazing collection of older films from many countries. Some real masterpieces.

https://www.criterion.com/hulu
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    If it still has the Criterion Collection, it is worth it for a while. The CC is an amazing collection of older films from many countries. Some real masterpieces.

ty for the info, sounds interesting

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I have hulu.plus with the showtime add on..im a hulu fan boy..

All the good series from t.v. and basuc cable the day after its aired. Like the strain, supernatural, american horror, contangen, helix, heroes reborn, the grinders(very funny) Also showtime movies and ray donovan and penny dreadful they also just sighned with epix and got a ton.of recent movies and direct to dvd niche movies like halo 1,2.. ect.. cant find the new starship troopers and the new phantasm. Yes!! another phantasm.

I have netflix dvd by mail and tried the trial on streaming, sux... i dont get what the hub bub is about with netflix..il be honest with u.im also cancelling the netflix dvd, now!!

Plus all the past and current dr. Who and bbc series,,,, all stargates and x files....i dont understand why pick netflix..
    Last edited by thesparten; 10-10-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I ordered the Amazon Prime about a month ago ($100) which gives you movie access similar to netflix, and of course prime gives the 2 day shipping for amazon orders.

Just curious if anyone else has ordered this package and what they think? I haven't dicked around with it too much yet, but im trying to figure out if it's really worth it or not - especially since i already have a Netflix sub.

Anyone?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    BTW i just recently watched the first season of Narcos - pretty good so far. Waiting for the next season to come out

Bloodline - Only watched part of the first episode and for some reason I just couldn't get into it... I don't know why.Anyone else have opinions - Does it get any better or anything?

Im getting desperate to find something halfway decent to watch. Im sitting out by my dads for a few days to help him out while he is laid up, and he doesn't have cable or anything.

I like watching gangster/mob type movies fyi

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    i dont understand why pick netflix..
    Hulu clings to the dying model of making you pay for the privilege of watching 4 minutes of ads every 10 minutes. Not surprising considering they're owned by Fox, NBC and Disney.

The advantage of Hulu isn't the size of its catalog. Many of the shows you mentioned are also available on Netflix, and overall Hulu has a fraction of the content Netflix offers. Hulu's edge is in timely delivery. When an episode of The Biggest Loser or whatever airs on TV, it will be on Hulu within a day (I think). On Netflix, you may have to wait months after a show's season ends before it becomes available.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Dragons View Post
    Gare hitting the Moscato hard tonight folks.

This X 20

the dumbfuck even thinks im British ROFL

Banned
    Load Metric
    Im getting desperate to find something halfway decent to watch. Im sitting out by my dads for a few days to help him out while he is laid up, and he doesn't have cable or anything.

I like watching gangster/mob type movies fyi
    Have you checked out Peaky Blinders? A different sort of gangster series, but not bad.

Comments

lol wow: if you can make it past season 2 you are a nerd

Gordman: thanks ill check it out

Load Metric
    Somebody on here mentioned Bloodline to me. So gave it a go

Found it slow at first, but gradually found the storyline and characters to be superb.

Definitely worth a watch.

Comments

Gordman: thanks for the review
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Hey everyone, stop the presses, im british now. I REPEAT: im British now.

LOL i may just have to find some tea and crumpets to continue to listen to lolwow.

Load Metric
    You're welcome, Gordo, Solid shout.

Also. Nice tilt lol wow....... I wouldn't suggest suicide, but I'd definitely consider it in your spot.

Comments

lol wow: plz clown
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Thread Information