Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Load Metric
    Ugh I got sucked into Daredevil after watching Jessica Jones. Jones was pretty good. The Dr Who guy plays a criminal and is great. So I thought I would try Daredevil. Started off ok. But Lordy season 2 is nauseating. Daredevil is so fucking preachy about how he won’t kill anyone. We get it. I don’t need it repeated 10 fucking times an Episode. Ok I’ll stop ranting.

Load Metric
    Somehow I just found out about "The Americans". It's in it's six and final season but I literally just heard about it. Anyway, I started it yesterday and like it a lot so far. It's about two KGB spies living in normal suburban America. Season 1 to 5 are streaming free on Amazon Prime Video

Load Metric
    If you're into true crime documentaries check out the 'Evil Genius' mini-series (4 episode)
    Starts when a pizza delivery boy walks into a bank to rob it with a bomb strapped around his neck and clues to a scavenger hunt for keys to get it off.
    Very interesting.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Agreed. Very gripping.

JohnCommode: Also agree. What a nasty woman!

Sheesfaced: Thanks for reco; enjoyed it

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    If you're into true crime documentaries check out the 'Evil Genius' mini-series (4 episode)
    Starts when a pizza delivery boy walks into a bank to rob it with a bomb strapped around his neck and clues to a scavenger hunt for keys to get it off.
    Very interesting.

Blasted through those the other night and quite enjoyed it.

There was one scene which had me lol'ing. Think it was the last episode when crazy lady was on an epic rant. Totally reminded me of those cartoon Tyde videos.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Altered Carbon was decent. Cyberpunky detectivy thingie with reasonable amounts of tits and violence.

THIS! Makes me want to read the book. I was really surprised when I found out the main character is the same guy from The Killing too.

Load Metric
    I liked season 2 of Fauda even more than season 1, which I thought was also terrific. This is a drama about Israeli counterterrorism vs Palestinian terrorists and later ISIS. To pretty much understand the characters, it's probably best to watch both seasons.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Ok Im pretty tilted right now. Someone tell me there is a way to fix this.

I am SO sick of the site autoplaying the trailers and autoplaying episodes when you click on a program. I did some Google searching and was so happy when i found out you can log into your account online and disable autoplay, so i did.
    The only thing it does is prevent a next episode to play automatically.

Im still left with shit obnoxiously playing when I never asked it to. Shit sliterally starts auto-playing the moment after i click the Netflix button on my remote. I swear ive been contemplating dropping Netflix just because of this because its just THAT tilting to me. This might sound stupid to some, but who wants a bunch of obnoxiously loud shit playing without warning when you are simply trying to calmly scroll through through your options of what you want to watch.

What say you?

Load Metric
    Have you tried shutting it down?

Comments

Gordman: Fuck off n-word

simpdog: Well done

Sheesfaced: Well played

nunbeater: HOOF
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Load Metric
    The Staircase was excellent.

Series/doc about the murder trial of Michael Pederson, accused of killing his wife in Durham NC.

Filmmakers were there from the beginning of this strange, decadeish long legal battle.

I remembered the case from the early 2000s, it was all over Court TV, but i had no idea as to its conclusion.

DO NOT GOOGLE AHEAD IF YOURE PLANNING ON WATCHING.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    The Staircase was excellent.

Series/doc about the murder trial of Michael Pederson, accused of killing his wife in Durham NC.

Filmmakers were there from the beginning of this strange, decadeish long legal battle.

I remembered the case from the early 2000s, it was all over Court TV, but i had no idea as to its conclusion.

DO NOT GOOGLE AHEAD IF YOURE PLANNING ON WATCHING.
    I watched the whole thing and while I enjoyed it felt it was about 3 episodes longer than it needed to be. They also didn’t even mention a theory that after you watch if you google is one Chaps would find really interesting.

Load Metric
    Highly recommend “Wild Wild Country”. Excellent documentary about the Bhagwan cult and happenings related to its movement into and establishment of a huge settlement in rural Oregon in the 1980s.. I recall seeing newscasts about some of the events back in the day, and how thousands of people followed this Indian guru as some of kind of new messiah. And laughed at the time that his followers didn’t think it fraudulent thayt he needed so many Rolls Royces (eventually over 20) and diamond watches.

Name:  F8F7F2D7-5F85-4466-857A-0AA139E13F86.jpeg
Views: 518
Size:  77.7 KB

But never learned what exactly happened to that community/cult until now.

P.S. For the literary minded: John Updike’s 1988 novel “S.” is loosely based on this cult, centered around the experiences of the female protagonist, an America WASP who joins a similar cult, and rising within to the point of significance and closeness to the cult leader. If you aren’t familiar with Updike, he was such a tremendous writer, amazingly gifted at putting the reader deeply into the mind of the characters. And IMO, he did so even the female protagonist of this story.
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/98110.S_

Comments

limitles: Fucken eh, Updike. Him Roth and Vonnegut for me not in any order
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Staircase and wild wild country were both great. (as mentioned above)

WWCountry took me a couple tries to get into it (took a couple months to get through the first 2-3 episodes) but if you think Jonestown or Waco are interesting, def check it out.

If you've finished Staircase, do a little research you're mind might be changed, or not. (Don't google)

Also, recently realized the NBC show 'Trial and Error' is a comedy version of Staircase. (Season 2 of Trial and Error comes out in like a month - I think it will be based on another case)

Started watching 'Making a murderer'. It was interesting at first but doubt I'll finish it.

Comments

JimmyG_415: That show is funny, af.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

WWCountry took me a couple tries to get into it (took a couple months to get through the first 2-3 episodes) but if you think Jonestown or Waco are interesting, def check it out.

If you've finished Staircase, do a little research you're mind might be changed, or not. (Don't google)

Also, recently realized the NBC show 'Trial and Error' is a comedy version of Staircase. (Season 2 of Trial and Error comes out in like a month - I think it will be based on another case)

Started watching 'Making a murderer'. It was interesting at first but doubt I'll finish it.
    I've just started Staircase, twenty minutes in and I don't buy his story

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

I've just started Staircase, twenty minutes in and I don't buy his story
    Just had a mini vision. France vs England in the finals. If there is any justice in the world the Brits take it.

Watch that fucking 19 year old obv. and the limey goal tender rocks the free world

Load Metric
    GLOW season 2 is as good as season 1, if you enjoyed that. I did.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Into the trial of Michael Peterson. Already a travesty of justice imo. His team of lawyers are doing their job but it is ugly to watch.
    The man is guilty but money has influence and I still don't know how it ends.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Keep watching...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Into the trial of Michael Peterson. Already a travesty of justice imo. His team of lawyers are doing their job but it is ugly to watch.
    The man is guilty but money has influence and I still don't know how it ends.
    Wholly fuck. The most bizarre, heartbreaking story I've seen.

Load Metric
    Binge watching Last Chance U.

Independence Kansas Pirates

WTF????

Straight up mayhem . Coach Brown is a straight up fucktard. Players are all failing class. Completely riveted .

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I just recently started Sense8. Pretty good so far, although something that bothers me a little is that one of the main characters is a tranny who is dating a lesbian woman, and if you stop to think about it a little that kind of relationship doesn't really make sense at all. I wonder if that is actually a thing in the LGBT community?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    I just recently started Sense8. Pretty good so far, although something that bothers me a little is that one of the main characters is a tranny who is dating a lesbian woman, and if you stop to think about it a little that kind of relationship doesn't really make sense at all. I wonder if that is actually a thing in the LGBT community?
    That show is straight up cultural marxism.

In the ethno-state it will be banned.

Thread Information