Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    anyone else check out bright yet?

its basically training day + harry potter + LOTR

was a very strange watch to say the least.
    i honestly feel like the only reason will smith hollared at this is because tom cruise has been doing exceptionally well with his adventures in fringey scifi films.

add in a pinch of jealousy, a smidge of poor self control, a hint of bad career advice, and a whooole lot of scientology and you get Bright.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Watched the first part of the new Chappelle special that got added today. He's got some bangers in there but overall I give it a 3.6/5.

I've heard the second part is better so I'm watching now.
    People who give ratings like this tilt me so hard
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    anyone else check out bright yet?

its basically training day + harry potter + LOTR

was a very strange watch to say the least.
    i honestly feel like the only reason will smith hollared at this is because tom cruise has been doing exceptionally well with his adventures in fringey scifi films.

add in a pinch of jealousy, a smidge of poor self control, a hint of bad career advice, and a whooole lot of scientology and you get Bright.

ok were not letting u get away with this tom cruise doing exceptionally well in sci films REALLY BRO edge of tomorrow tanked and that other one where hes piloting some gay drone also lost money if youre calling american made sci fi that also tanked

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post

ok were not letting u get away with this tom cruise doing exceptionally well in sci films REALLY BRO edge of tomorrow tanked and that other one where hes piloting some gay drone also lost money if youre calling american made sci fi that also tanked

THE FUCK THIS PASTY WHITE NIGGA THINK FRINGE MEANS

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    no no sorry i wrote that without googling tom just out HERE KILLING SCI FI http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/...neediskill.htm

tine seriously fucking act right

Load Metric
    fringe means how close ur posts are to truth define exceptionally for us

Load Metric
    and zing pow kablam pfa you are welcome for 2017 I AM OUT

Load Metric
    lol @ king corn acting like sci fi is a money industry when his sole credentials are a laserdisc of event horizon and falling asleep during revenge of the sith.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post

quick reminder of what a disgraceful note lol wow left 2017 on.

Load Metric
    I just watched 'it Comes at Night' with the wife. It's a damn good thriller. Scared the fuck out of my wife and parts got my adrenaline going as well. Nice pace to the movie, good performances. If you like the thriller/horror genre this is a good one.

Load Metric
    Three episodes in to "The End Of The F***ing World" and I can recommend it. When I first saw the trailer I thought it was going to be too focused on a teen demographic, but I ended up enjoying it. It's really well done.

Comments

Suicide King: Really good
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    "Dope"

Its exactly like every Nat Geo drug show ever. Hanging with the cops, hanging with the dealers, hanging with the addicts.

What makes it special tho is the decision to score it using D to D+ level rock music. So you have slow mo dramatic footage of a transgender prostitute hitting her crack stem and suddenly the rousing strains of a very bad knockoff of Korn.

Oh and cursing. So you get to hear a black guy scream fuck a lot because his son got shot in the face.

If thats your thing.

Load Metric
    lagging behind in my viewing, but the weather is giving me a good chance to catch up on shit. Finished GLOW the other day, and loved the shit out of it.

Gomorrah is up next.

Load Metric
    The Seinfeld talking to comedians in cars seems it must have some gems with like 16 episodes.

I watched the John Oliver one, was entertaining. The first Jimmy Fallon one was ok, but obv not because of Fallons ultra vanillaness.

I think Truman Show was recently added, saw it trending and have it on now. Jim Carrey used to be so good. Too bad life happened.

Is it coincidence Truman Show is trending and Carey is on episode 1 of Seinfeld thing? Will watch the Seinfeld/Carey thing and report back. Unless I forget.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    The Seinfeld talking to comedians in cars seems it must have some gems with like 16 episodes.
    Yeah, but it's old news. All these epps have been around for a while. And there's more than 16 episodes. There's actually over 50 episodes. You have to flip through the different 'seasons' to see them all. Some of the better ones (in my opinion): Chris Rock, Joel Hodgson, Sarah Silverman, Gad Elmaleh, Larry David and Colin Quinn.

Comments

duped_samaritan: Didn't realize there were so many, was actually thinking it would be great to see a Larry David episode.
    TRUMP 2024!

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by peter mcneil View Post
    I just watched 'it Comes at Night' with the wife. It's a damn good thriller. Scared the fuck out of my wife and parts got my adrenaline going as well. Nice pace to the movie, good performances. If you like the thriller/horror genre this is a good one.

why is this in the Netflix thread when it's not even on Netflix?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinx420 View Post

I think some of the content I get in Canada is different. It's on Netflix in 30 countries, apparently not the USA.

Silver
    Load Metric
    well dam...

was actually gonna try to watch this with the woman tonight , she's pretty big on scary movie type shit

Bronze
    Load Metric

I think some of the content I get in Canada is different. It's on Netflix in 30 countries, apparently not the USA.
    It's on Netflix DVD service.

Load Metric
    well dam...

was actually gonna try to watch this with the woman tonight , she's pretty big on scary movie type shit
    Watch 'The BabaDook' with her, I believe it's on American Netflix as well as Canadian. Scary movie and really well done.

Thread Information