Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839 LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Ended up watching this…it was pretty bad.
    My wife really enjoys it. I have fallen asleep the last 2 nights watching it. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    I feel your pain, I was fine only seeing a couple episodes….my wife wanted to finish it…oof.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Recommend The OA.

Load Metric
    Euphoria season 2 has definitely met my expectations. It’s so good you can suspend your disbelief during things like the ridiculous police chase scene last episode. It is a show that always leaves you wanting more whether it’s learning more about Cal, the badass female drug dealer, some love triangle. I maintain this is a teen drama on crack that manages to cover enough story lines for 5 seasons over the course of 8 episodes.

That being said it seems with all the drama behind the scenes and difficulty getting cast members to commit there is a very good chance their will not be a season 3. I’m okay with that if it means the show goes out on a high so to speak.

Load Metric
    Righteous gemstones season 2 on the other hand is good but not amazing. I like it but it makes you ask did they really need another season? Baby billy carries the show as always but it took nearly half the season to get him back. Bj of course is the “jerry smith” of the show and is just as entertaining.

But man I can’t stand Eric Andre in it and glad last few episodes have dropped him largely.

Still just grateful for another Danny mcbride series.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Euphoria season 2 has definitely met my expectations. It’s so good you can suspend your disbelief during things like the ridiculous police chase scene last episode. It is a show that always leaves you wanting more whether it’s learning more about Cal, the badass female drug dealer, some love triangle. I maintain this is a teen drama on crack that manages to cover enough story lines for 5 seasons over the course of 8 episodes.

That being said it seems with all the drama behind the scenes and difficulty getting cast members to commit there is a very good chance their will not be a season 3. I’m okay with that if it means the show goes out on a high so to speak.
    Season 3 already has been confirmed. I guess it’s possible not everyone is back but probably more likely than not:

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/eup...bo-1235172154/

Comments

BetCheckBet: Thanks totally did not know this.

gimmick:

Gold
    Load Metric
    Living With Yourself is decent. I like Paul Rudd. Kid and me enjoyed the short series. After watching this we decided Replica with Keanu Reeves might be a good one to follow up but it was pretty horrible. Just minutes ago I finished reading Sapiens (excellent book) which talked extensively about human potential in the creation of super humans.

Load Metric
    Name:  3969B2CE-2821-4298-98A2-FF65FF6A53A0.jpeg
Views: 574
Size:  49.7 KB

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: lol rainbow rucks

Load Metric
    Im so dumb got gammorah ordered 2x by accident both times in Italian and subtitles from different sites.

Load Metric
    I’ve been super busy but finally had some free time and caught up on a few shows. Just went with the top selections and watched Bad Vegan, 4 part documentary. What a weird ass story. I don’t even know that I’d recommend it, as it left me with as many questions as it answered, but just a bizarre story that I ended up watching all the way through. My spoiler is more a brief synopsis that comes out pretty quickly and not much of a spoiler.

Cliffs are some super hot celeb Vegan restaurant owner in NYC gets brainwashed by some fat dude from the internet and essentially brainwashed. Dude might have posted here being from Massachusetts and dusting off all her money at Foxwoods while convincing her he was a secret agent. Truly bizarre. It’s like if Jasep had landed a chick that a bunch of celebrities had been rebuffed by who looked like a model and convinced her he was part of the Illuminati and a secret government asset.

Gold
    Load Metric
    El Camino Christmas was just ok even though it had 4-5 pretty well known actors. I watched Bad Vegan too, BCR. Once you begin it you do kind of get trapped into watching the whole thing.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Saw the new Vikings series. Was pretty solid. The fight scenes were a complete joke, and you have to suspend disbelief with all the strong female characters doing things no female would have ever done in that time period (or any time period) and the fact that the main Viking city of Kattegat is somehow run by a black woman with another black woman her top warrior. But yeah, once you get past all the obligatory woke checklists, the show itself is enjoyable.

Load Metric
    the adam project is very adorable

Comments

country978: it was an ok movie. 2 stars

Load Metric
    but not sure what its on wrath of man with statham is literally hot fire and josh hartnett is in it for real

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    I’ve been super busy but finally had some free time and caught up on a few shows. Just went with the top selections and watched Bad Vegan, 4 part documentary. What a weird ass story. I don’t even know that I’d recommend it, as it left me with as many questions as it answered, but just a bizarre story that I ended up watching all the way through. My spoiler is more a brief synopsis that comes out pretty quickly and not much of a spoiler.

Cliffs are some super hot celeb Vegan restaurant owner in NYC gets brainwashed by some fat dude from the internet and essentially brainwashed. Dude might have posted here being from Massachusetts and dusting off all her money at Foxwoods while convincing her he was a secret agent. Truly bizarre. It’s like if Jasep had landed a chick that a bunch of celebrities had been rebuffed by who looked like a model and convinced her he was part of the Illuminati and a secret government asset.
    Good call on this documentary series. Very weird doesn't begin to describe it.

I think PFA forum members would find it interesting because of the gambling aspect. The whole thing was a grift to fund this guy's gambling addiction.

Interestingly, there might even be a poker tie-in. Check out the original Vanity Fair article that inspired the documentary: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...naway-fugitive

It's a good read and the writer was featured in the series. In the article, it explains how Sarma Melngailis originally met Tony through Twitter. It indicates that one of his Twitter usernames was @DiscipleOfTodd (probably a huge fan of Druff!). When you search that username on Twitter it's for an account that no longer exists but you can see tweets where the username was mentioned. One person he was interacting with about 10 years ago is Daniel Negreanu (@realkidpoker). If you look up the tweets where they are both mentioned you see that they were having some kind of argument about Bobby's Room and they get into a heads up for rolls pissing contest. Unfortunately, you can't see any of the tweets by @DiscipleOfTodd that Negreanu is replying to because the account is deleted.

Name:  discipleoftodd.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  131.0 KB

Anyways, it's very likely this guy was a poker degen in Vegas about a decade ago and maybe played high stakes. I wonder if anyone in the Vegas poker community remembers him.

Comments

JeffDime: +1

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Didn’t Cindy Viollette flush a bunch of money down the toilet on a Vegan restaurant?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Cyndy Violette started "Violette's Vegan", which had a disasterous beginning. It languished for a long time in almost-completed state, and she was seeking investors to finish it. I predicted it would never open, and everyone involved would be broke.

Somehow they eventually completed it, and the restaurant opened. It is still open today. It has 4.5 Yelp stars, and is generally well regarded in Vegas. Given that I'm not vegan, I haven't tried it. I'm not sure if it's making much money, but it's been around for enough years to where it's probably doing at least okay, and perhaps better than that. Good for Cyndy, who is a nice woman.

I do want to try Todd Brunson's "Roma Cafe" sometime.

Speaking of Todd Brunson, the name "Disciple of Todd" on 2011 poker Twitter might have been referring to him. He's the best known Todd in poker by a wide margin. However, I'm probably the second-best-known Todd, especially back in 2011, so I think it's possible the guy is a former DD/NWP poster. It's also possible that the "Todd" mentioned was not anyone in poker. Haven't seen the documentary yet, but now I think I want to watch it.

Comments

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Good call on this documentary series. Very weird doesn't begin to describe it.

I think PFA forum members would find it interesting because of the gambling aspect. The whole thing was a grift to fund this guy's gambling addiction.

Interestingly, there might even be a poker tie-in. Check out the original Vanity Fair article that inspired the documentary: https://www.vanityfair.com/style/201...naway-fugitive

It's a good read and the writer was featured in the series. In the article, it explains how Sarma Melngailis originally met Tony through Twitter. It indicates that one of his Twitter usernames was @DiscipleOfTodd (probably a huge fan of Druff!). When you search that username on Twitter it's for an account that no longer exists but you can see tweets where the username was mentioned. One person he was interacting with about 10 years ago is Daniel Negreanu (@realkidpoker). If you look up the tweets where they are both mentioned you see that they were having some kind of argument about Bobby's Room and they get into a heads up for rolls pissing contest. Unfortunately, you can't see any of the tweets by @DiscipleOfTodd that Negreanu is replying to because the account is deleted.

Name:  discipleoftodd.jpg
Views: 954
Size:  131.0 KB

Anyways, it's very likely this guy was a poker degen in Vegas about a decade ago and maybe played high stakes. I wonder if anyone in the Vegas poker community remembers him.

Glad you found it entertaining. It was a baffling story. I’m always suspicious of documentaries where one side agrees to participate and the other doesn’t, but there really isn’t any question the guy was a con. Her motivation and wtf was wrong with her is where all the mystery lies and you still wonder wtf at the end.

Fuck, as a mental health professional, what was your gut feel? Some type of approaching 40 depression that makes a person more susceptible to falling for something so patently abusurd and just chasing losses? It’s just hard to wrap your brain around how some IVY league girl with seemingly a great life fell for this shit. I mean there are a lot of dumb Ivy leave grads, but usually have trust funds also. She seemed to come from upper middle class family, but not retard gets into Ivy League $.

Make her 200lbs and have her own a small town restaurant in the Midwest, and it isn’t that interesting. People fall for shit every day. It was only that she was beautiful, educated, and seemed to be a hot commodity in Manhattan that makes it such a strange tale. You’d expect a woman like her to be marrying some celeb or Wall Street hedge fund guy, not falling for some obvious fat con whose dupe Druff will probably uncover in a few days.

It’s funny that tweet is from 2011, which is when he met her, and according to your article, living in a van with his dad possibly. He certainly wasn’t playing DN for rolls that year, but might have frequented that world a bit later.

I sat back and thought about how bad a gambling addict this dude had to be. He’s a fat schlub who lands this woman several thousand levels above him. Like hitting the lotto. Go from living van life to her world.

That he didn’t take her $ at some point and try to parlay it into some actual real world business or investment, or even funneling it mostly back to her and he could have kept the con going on forever. Instead he seemed to have been blowing it rapidly. Just amazing. He had that Mike Borovetz(sp?) vibe to him. The kid who was rolling people in airports for years to play Pai Gow or whatever it was that he was addicted to. That level sick.

Fuck, when you think of the timing and his involvement in the poker world, had he took simply $20k of her money and put it into bitcoin he’d still married to her and she’d still be a true believer and think he’s a super secret agent genius and she finally passed the test until her dog died. I’m almost surprised he didn’t have her transfer $ into btc as part of his mysterious backstory.

I saw an article a few days after my initial post about Louie CK gave her an STD back in the day. Almost made me wonder if she’s been fucking everyone from the guy in Penn Admissions to her overly patient investor who was in the documentary, and she simply fell in love with another con. That almost makes more sense than her being that naive and brainwashed.

Comments

Last edited by BCR; 03-30-2022 at 06:20 PM.

Load Metric
    I did enjoy Bad Vegan but it’s just amazing that whether it be a movie, TV Show, Documentary etc how wrong they always seem to get the gambling aspect. They are every careful to say that the 2 million was “spent” in Foxwoods and not gambled away.

They talk about him “winning” in slots but we all know those hits don’t come close to covering the losses. The guy was begging for wires because he was constantly going broke.

I don’t know exactly why this is so glossed over. Does it point too much blame squarely at him when the producers were very careful to not go easy on Sharma? The lead was basically buried because it doesn’t fit the narrative the director wanted to present.

I guess they really didn’t want the focus to be on this fat fuck’s money torching habit. Sharma had to be the centerpiece. I guess I kind of get it, but they still should of done a better job explaining where this money was going.

Load Metric
    Name:  B5F683A1-2598-4E6B-AAFD-CD358B41D56F.jpeg
Views: 293
Size:  259.4 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    Better Call Saul S5

Thread Information