Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 461

Thread: The Netflix thread

  1. #1
    Platinum Lord of the Fraud's Avatar
    Reputation
    1266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Get A BRAIN! MORANS - GO USA
    Posts
    4,960

    The Netflix thread

    OK looking for a series to binge on. Seen plenty already but not them all.


    These are the one's I'm currently weighing up.


    The Thick of It

    Unbreakable

    House, M.D.

    Orphan Black

    Homeland (S3) Seen the previous two ages ago but fucking Sonatine said bad things about S3 so it went on the backburner. I also notice S4 is getting released on Netflix next month.

    Orange is the new Black (S2&3)

    House of Cards (S3)

    Better call Saul

    Bloodline


    I don't take this binge commitment lightly, so looking for a real solid pick.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

  2. #2
    Platinum Lord of the Fraud's Avatar
    Reputation
    1266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Get A BRAIN! MORANS - GO USA
    Posts
    4,960
    Just to add that Homeland would be my prefered choice. But if there's better on that list then it can stay on the backburner for now.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

  3. #3
    I didn't know Better Call Saul was on Netflix. Thanks for the heads up.

    OITNB isn't for everyone, but if you enjoyed S1 by all means watch the rest. I wasn't disappointed.

    House isn't really a binging show. It's a mystery of the week sort of formula, not a lot of story archs. It gets weird down the road with casting shakeups. I watched it during its network run and lost interest halfway through.

    Like you, I watched the first 2 seasons of House of Cards but didn't bother with the 3rd. I don't see anywhere interesting for that story to go. If anyone has seen it and disagrees, I may reconsider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Take someone like garrett, for example. A lot of people here don't like him, but he also makes a lot of quality posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but jsearles can actually be a good poster when he tries to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I thought BGC had a lot of good and funny posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In splitthis' case, she's also a longtime member of this community, and has no history of harassing or threatening people in real life.

  4. #4
    Platinum Krypt's Avatar
    Reputation
    354
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    2,885
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    I didn't know Better Call Saul was on Netflix. Thanks for the heads up.

    OITNB isn't for everyone, but if you enjoyed S1 by all means watch the rest. I wasn't disappointed.

    House isn't really a binging show. It's a mystery of the week sort of formula, not a lot of story archs. It gets weird down the road with casting shakeups. I watched it during its network run and lost interest halfway through.

    Like you, I watched the first 2 seasons of House of Cards but didn't bother with the 3rd. I don't see anywhere interesting for that story to go. If anyone has seen it and disagrees, I may reconsider.


    get a grip you homo

  5. #5
    thats a lot of words to type bruh I don't have all day here
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Take someone like garrett, for example. A lot of people here don't like him, but he also makes a lot of quality posts here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but jsearles can actually be a good poster when he tries to be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I thought BGC had a lot of good and funny posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    In splitthis' case, she's also a longtime member of this community, and has no history of harassing or threatening people in real life.

  6. #6
    Platinum Lord of the Fraud's Avatar
    Reputation
    1266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Get A BRAIN! MORANS - GO USA
    Posts
    4,960
    HoC fail on my part.

    Was a good while ago when I finished series 2. So to rehash the memory before starting S3 I put on the last 20-ish minutes of S2 only to realize 10 minutes later that I'd put on the final episode of S3 by mistake. And I seen things that can't be unseen.


    And I did enjoy OITNB (FU Krypt!)


    Your words encourage me to see out the rest of it.

    Cheers
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

  7. #7
    Gold Kuntmissioner's Avatar
    Reputation
    279
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Savin Hill
    Posts
    1,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Just to add that Homeland would be my prefered choice. But if there's better on that list then it can stay on the backburner for now.
    Bloodline is a much superior drama than Homeland, imo. Enjoy.

     
    Comments
      
      Lord of the Fraud: interesting, thx

  8. #8
    I liked OITNB S2, but not S3 as much.

    If you were still really into Homeland after S2, go for it. It's fantastically bad in spots but still entertaining.

    Bloodline was pretty solid. Watch Narcos if you haven't yet.

    House of Cards third season is bad.

    Cue Tine ripping them all apar.t
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  9. #9
    Platinum Lord of the Fraud's Avatar
    Reputation
    1266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Get A BRAIN! MORANS - GO USA
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    I liked OITNB S2, but not S3 as much.

    If you were still really into Homeland after S2, go for it. It's fantastically bad in spots but still entertaining.

    Bloodline was pretty solid. Watch Narcos if you haven't yet.

    House of Cards third season is bad.

    Cue Tine ripping them all apar.t


    Ya I seen Narcos. Thought it was fucking superb. And seeing the shit that's been going down in Mexico over the last several years, I'm already looking forward to the fact based movies that come out of all that.


    List is also getting shorter. Which was the idea.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

  10. #10
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1114
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,451
    Bloodline was good.
    Sloppy joe why the goat hate?

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Bloodline was good.
    Sloppy joe why the goat hate?
    What goat hate?

    If you're referring to Bloodline, I liked it but found many of the characters to be well acted but boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  12. #12
    Bloodline was good but kinda slow. House mostly has the same plot every episode but it has Hugh Laurie and Olivia Wilde. Better Call Saul was prolly better than Breaking Bad.

    If you like crime dramas then Love/Hate is decent.
    Last edited by gimmick; 09-22-2015 at 02:07 AM.

  13. #13
    Gold Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    321
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Wofford Heights, CA
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Better Call Saul was prolly better than Breaking Bad.
    Name:  original-3.gif
Views: 824
Size:  978.4 KB

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Better Call Saul was prolly better than Breaking Bad.
    Name:  original-3.gif
Views: 824
Size:  978.4 KB
    Easily. So much crap in breaking bad that you just have to fast forward or be too wasted to notice. Starting from 1st season anything to do with cancer or any main characters family is just worthless crap. Using anymore than 3 minutes of the series to tell that chemo sucks, Walters wife is a cunt and son is retard is just wasting time.

     
    Comments
      
      Sloppy Joe: This is a bad review
      
      MumblesBadly: I agree with Gimmick. BCS is a thinking man's upgrade from the more mass-audience Breaking Bad.

  15. #15
    Diamond big dick's Avatar
    Reputation
    1114
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    fuck krypt
    Posts
    7,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Bloodline was good.
    Sloppy joe why the goat hate?
    What goat hate?

    If you're referring to Bloodline, I liked it but found many of the characters to be well acted but boring.
    In the cmoney thread you posted a pic of a goat hanging on a fence by his horns followed by this..

    FAGGOT GOATS EASY MARK

    WHEN I LIVED IN NEPAL I SAW SOME GOAT THING WHENER THEY CUT THE THROATR AND GOAT FAGIT STAGGERED AROUND UNTIL DD

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

    What goat hate?

    If you're referring to Bloodline, I liked it but found many of the characters to be well acted but boring.
    In the cmoney thread you posted a pic of a goat hanging on a fence by his horns followed by this..

    FAGGOT GOATS EASY MARK

    WHEN I LIVED IN NEPAL I SAW SOME GOAT THING WHENER THEY CUT THE THROATR AND GOAT FAGIT STAGGERED AROUND UNTIL DD
    Ay, I thought you meant g.o.a.t.

    In reference to the animal, I always put an image of a dying/dead mascot in WH threads to appease wor8*(le. It usually works.

    While I don't like particularly like goats, I was present for a goat sacrifice as part of some ritual for a Hindu festival. It was pretty horrifying and took a fairly long time to extinguish once its throat was opened and it ran around until DD. Goat ran into my legs etc.

    Quite an unpleasant experience to say the least.

     
    Comments
      
      big dick: lolz I knew there was a reasonable explanation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  17. #17
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    347
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,644
    House was the last show from any of the major networks that I watched regularly. Like Srsly said, early in it was very much a "new mystery every week" type show, but in the later seasons it incorporated much more season-long plot arcs. it was, IMO, the rare show that got better the longer it went; mainly because it went from starting as that typical 80's-90's drama format and evolved itself into a hybrid of that and the current cable-drama template.

  18. #18
    Platinum Lord of the Fraud's Avatar
    Reputation
    1266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Get A BRAIN! MORANS - GO USA
    Posts
    4,960
    Met up with a couple of mates earlier who put me onto a series called "Utopia".. I'd not heard of it but they claim it's better than most things on my list. And I trust them with shit like this, so about to dig in.

    It's a British series which I can get on my tivo box. Don't think it's on netflix but no doubt it be easy to find online if anybody cares.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

  19. #19
    Platinum Lord of the Fraud's Avatar
    Reputation
    1266
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Get A BRAIN! MORANS - GO USA
    Posts
    4,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Met up with a couple of mates earlier who put me onto a series called "Utopia".. I'd not heard of it but they claim it's better than most things on my list. And I trust them with shit like this, so about to dig in.

    It's a British series which I can get on my tivo box. Don't think it's on netflix but no doubt it be easy to find online if anybody cares.


    I've been had there fellas.

    Just incase anyone was considering giving this a mooch.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

  20. #20
    People here are saying that Better Call Saul is on Netflix, but I don't see it anywhere. Is Netflix in Eu different than Netflix in the US or something?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Daredevil (on Netflix): Yay or nay?
    By Sloppy Joe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-09-2015, 04:07 PM
  2. Thank you Netflix
    By shortbuspoker in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 01-16-2015, 04:15 PM
  3. Rockford Files on Netflix
    By JimmyG_415 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-21-2014, 02:55 PM
  4. Netflix A++
    By limitles in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:32 PM
  5. Lay the favorite on netflix
    By cla in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 07:24 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •