Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Just watched "Beyond The Curve" and all I can say is wow. There is clearly something more and we are clearly being manipulated by these "ball earth" fraudsters and punks. Mark Sargent should win an Emmy for this A+ performance. Hands down the best and most convincing documentary I've ever watched. I can't believe I was lied to for so long.

I literally checked out 2 minutes into it.

I entertain alot of speculation, mainly based on some factual evidence or documents, but this just couldn't make it past my filter.

Guy just seems to be the typical "conspiracy theorist" stereotype.

Guys like this get thrown out into the mainstream to perpetuate the common mischaracterization between a real independent researcher and some random idiot who can't see that every night there's something in the sky that disproves a flat earth theory.

It's not his theory that is outlandish to me, it's the fact that his sources are the internet....lol.....

Besides, flat earth is just a distraction from hollow earth...
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Just watched "Beyond The Curve" and all I can say is wow. There is clearly something more and we are clearly being manipulated by these "ball earth" fraudsters and punks. Mark Sargent should win an Emmy for this A+ performance. Hands down the best and most convincing documentary I've ever watched. I can't believe I was lied to for so long.

I literally checked out 2 minutes into it.

I entertain alot of speculation, mainly based on some factual evidence or documents, but this just couldn't make it past my filter.

Guy just seems to be the typical "conspiracy theorist" stereotype.

Guys like this get thrown out into the mainstream to perpetuate the common mischaracterization between a real independent researcher and some random idiot who can't see that every night there's something in the sky that disproves a flat earth theory.

It's not his theory that is outlandish to me, it's the fact that his sources are the internet....lol.....

Besides, flat earth is just a distraction from hollow earth...

Seriously though, yeah it's pretty astonishing and cringeworthy how dumb these people really are. I cant even wrap my head around it. I was ready to shut it off about 5 minutes in, but I left it on because I was multitasking anyway. There's no way I would be able to sit in front of the tv and give this 100% of my attention.

I think the most laughable thing was that not only are these people batshit fucking crazy, they are apparently in COMPETITION on being fucking crazy.

One guy was going off the deep end (as if he really could any more) because someone else was hogging all of the attention and "celebrity status" of the flat earth community. He claims its a conspiracy LOL.

Yeah, apparently there are flat earth conspiracies about certain flat earthers who "must be CIA working for the government"

He apparently even sent a list of ridiculous demands to Netflix if he were to appear on the documentary such as massive compensation and at least 50% airtime on the entire documentary.

Good grief

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post

The Last Alaskans is similar, but more well written with better cinematography.
    The Last Alaskans ain't available on Netflix Canada. The well written part doesn't sit right with me
    because below zero is not "written" as a sitcom would be.

So I don't buy it and I don't like the title. The last Alaskans. Unless they're talking about the indigenous people
    It is about the last remaining people with cabin permits in the Arctic National Refuge. They stopped giving out permits in 1980, and when the children die of those who had a permit, there will be no more people allowed to live there.
    As far as beautifully written, yes it is a documentary, but the way it is presented is beautiful. You have to see the series to understand what is being said. Agree with Willie, it is a calming show to watch.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    First season was pretty weak...

...maybe second season doesn't suck as much?

Bit of drought with good TV. Poor mans Gomorra might fill a few hours. Released on 22nd.
    I watched the first season right after watching Gomorrah as it scratched the itch of Italian Crime Mob and filled a void. Agree it was poor mans Gomorrah, but it kept me entertained nonetheless.

I just finished season 2. In retrospect I imagine if I re-watched season 1 again now I'd realize just how terrible it was. I almost quit watching season 2 several times but it was such a short season for some reason I decided to just see it out. It was so bad, it actually became entertaining when viewing through the lens of unintentional comedy. There are so many plot holes, so much bad acting, that I ended up finding it enjoyable for all the wrong reasons. In the finale there is a scene that's supposed to be shocking but I literally laughed out loud it was so bad.

In summary, DO NOT WATCH.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheesfaced View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    First season was pretty weak...

...maybe second season doesn't suck as much?

Bit of drought with good TV. Poor mans Gomorra might fill a few hours. Released on 22nd.
    I watched the first season right after watching Gomorrah as it scratched the itch of Italian Crime Mob and filled a void. Agree it was poor mans Gomorrah, but it kept me entertained nonetheless.

I just finished season 2. In retrospect I imagine if I re-watched season 1 again now I'd realize just how terrible it was. I almost quit watching season 2 several times but it was such a short season for some reason I decided to just see it out. It was so bad, it actually became entertaining when viewing through the lens of unintentional comedy. There are so many plot holes, so much bad acting, that I ended up finding it enjoyable for all the wrong reasons. In the finale there is a scene that's supposed to be shocking but I literally laughed out loud it was so bad.

In summary, DO NOT WATCH.
    Yea i wouln't even mind the plot holes or bad acting if there had been something to compensate. There wasn't.

There was some hope for season 2. Season 1 was basically just the movie stretched out to a full season. So writers could have picked up the pace in season 2. But nope, it was just as slow.

Oh well American Gods is starting again on 11th...

...i think they lost few cast members and writers. No idea if they ever patched things up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    After Life (TV series) wif Ricky Gervais
    anyone?
    reviews/ratings?
    will watch regardless

Comments

duped_samaritan: been on my list. please report back.

Load Metric
    8 new episodes of Arrested Development just dropped.

Load Metric
    Billions is back on Showtime, which makes life a little less miserable.

Load Metric

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just blazed through Love, Death and Robots

Most of the story lines are extremely Cultural Marxist to the point of absurdity, like it is an Onion sketch satirizing cultural Marxism.

But once you get past that, some cool animation and interesting sci-Fi stories. Would recommend.

Load Metric
    the dirt motley crue doc was amazing
    Last edited by big dick; 03-24-2019 at 11:09 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    the dirt motley crue doc was amazing

We watched it last night. Wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised. It was very good and a must see.

Load Metric
    "Line of Duty", which imo is the best series on the BBC, started Season 5 on Sunday March 31st. If you have a VPN in the States, maybe you can watch it on the BBC or you can more simply get it in the usual sketchy way. I guess that you can watch Seasons 1-4 on Hulu. Season 5 is supposed to be on Acorn TV (whatever that is) in the States.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Triple Frontier is a piece of shit.

Ben Affleck & Jax Teller should pay a years subscription to me and anyone else who watched this garbage.

Comments

MumblesBadly: It took two separate sessions for me to finish this after the foreshadowing of how fucked up things were gonna get for the protagonists about halfway into the running time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, I was just foolish enough to watch all 3 seasons of "Santa Clarita Diet", and finished just days before they canceled it.

The tilting thing is that it was left as a semi-cliffhanger, and we are left with an unsatisfying series end without a lot of things being explained.

The entire origin of the undead people in the series was never really explained (other than it starting in Serbia a long time ago), nor were those weird "Mr. Ball Legs" creatures.

Would be nice if Netflix could either order complete series (at least after the first season gets renewed), or if they could at least have some contingency plan in place when serial-type programs (which is most of them) are on the fence regarding getting shut down before natural conclusion.

Makes me not want to watch any of these type of shows until they've completed their run.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Well, I was just foolish enough to watch all 3 seasons of "Santa Clarita Diet", and finished just days before they canceled it.

The tilting thing is that it was left as a semi-cliffhanger, and we are left with an unsatisfying series end without a lot of things being explained.

The entire origin of the undead people in the series was never really explained (other than it starting in Serbia a long time ago), nor were those weird "Mr. Ball Legs" creatures.

Would be nice if Netflix could either order complete series (at least after the first season gets renewed), or if they could at least have some contingency plan in place when serial-type programs (which is most of them) are on the fence regarding getting shut down before natural conclusion.

Makes me not want to watch any of these type of shows until they've completed their run.
    Ordering "complete" series is just too impractical to all parties. They could finish the story in the form of a movie and there's also a chance the show gets picked up by another company.

Hello everyone. I saw the Druff gave me some high praise in the Rick and Morty thread, so I decided I would do him a favor and spill some confidential info I had regarding the cancellation of 'Santa Clarita Diet'.

While Netflix is based in Los Gatos, they also have a Los Angeles presence, and I have some inside sources.

I was told that the show was already on the brink of cancellation coming into Season 3, but executives were taking a wait-and-see approach regarding its ratings.

After they gave what they deemed sufficient time to get the bulk of the views of Season 3, they crunched the numbers and decided they were done.

Executives had various issues regarding the show. It was fairly expensive to produce. Drew Barrymore and Tim Olyphant were drawing salaries for both acting and executive production.

It was starting to get repetitive. Some executives were upset that, after three full seasons of the show, little was revealed which wasn't already apparent in the first few episodes. I heard that some suspected Barrymore, Olyphant, and company were looking to drag out the series as long as possible. The over-the-top gore was a source of controversy at Netflix, as some felt it needed to be toned down in order to appeal to a broader audience, but the production team steadfastly refused.

When it was all said and done, it just wasn't worth the expense or headache for Netflix anymore. They were aware that the show had some diehard fans, but they determined that only a small percentage of them would actually cancel their subscription over the show's cancellation, and the show's continuation simply wasn't bringing enough of an upside.

Load Metric
    I am really enjoying the first two episodes of "Chernobyl", a fictionalized account of the nuclear disaster in English on HBO or in the usual illegal way.

Load Metric
    If I wasnt insanely lazy I would cancel Netflix after I saw 4 or 2 eps of Santa Clara it was good

Load Metric
    I also would pay 49.99 a month to see olyphant doing literally anything

Thread Information