Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: The Netflix thread

Load Metric
    Russian Doll was surprisingly good.

Comments

Kuntmissioner: Quick episodes, I liked it as well

Load Metric
    Struggle: The Life And Lost Art Of Szukalski was good. Never heard of this guy before. Born in the 1890s. Made some amazing works of art in his early years. Very outrageous personality, with an ego that makes Trump seem humble as a church mouse. He enjoyed several decades of being a celebrated artist in his younger days, albeit with a dark aspect of his beliefs and politics prior to World War II. Died in near obscurity in Southern California in the 1980s. There’s more to story but I don’t want to spoil for you if you haven’t seen it yet.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Abducted in Plain Sight was crazy....possibly the dumbest parents in the world basically let their daughter get kidnapped by a friend...twice.

Comments

Lord of the Fraud: wow

Load Metric
    Got done with the first series of The Punisher and I'll be giving the second series a huge swerve.

5.8/10

Honestly feels like forever since I fell madly in love with a good series.

Better Call Saul would be the last one I think.
    http://pnimg.net/w/articles-attachments/1/4c2/74d75c36d2.jpg

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    Got done with the first series of The Punisher and I'll be giving the second series a huge swerve.

5.8/10

Honestly feels like forever since I fell madly in love with a good series.

Better Call Saul would be the last one I think.
    season 2 of the punisher is awful.

every actor seems miscast but a few, and there's a bad storyline in addition to shitty actors that are miscast...i stopped watching it. it was that bad
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Anyone watch Anon? Pretty good movie, Clive Owen always surprises me....also I have a feeling that the premise of the movie is eerily similar to what the world is going to become..........even if I could see what sonatine is doing, I don't think I'd ever look....
    "Druff would suck his own dick if it were long enough"- Brandon "drexel" Gerson

"ann coulter literally has more common sense than pfa."-Sonatine

"Real grinders supports poker fraud"- Ray Davis

"DRILLED HER GOOD"- HONGKONGER

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Life Below Zero
    As usual I'm late to the party. Looks like there are 5 seasons which tells you how popular it is/was.

This ain't no Ice Road Trucker reality series. This is survival in a brutal environment.
    Some difficult shit to watch (trap line hunting) but it is what it is.

Load Metric
    The 4 part Ted Bundy doc was pretty good. Tons of real footage/audio recordings.

He cross examined witnesses in his own case ffs.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Almost too disturbing to watch.

Load Metric
    The Beyond was really great if you are a Sci-fi / space / apocalypse type fan.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Life Below Zero
    As usual I'm late to the party. Looks like there are 5 seasons which tells you how popular it is/was.

This ain't no Ice Road Trucker reality series. This is survival in a brutal environment.

The Last Alaskans is similar, but more well written with better cinematography.

Comments

WillieMcFML: the cinematography was EXCELLENT. so calming
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    14 Minutes from Earth: This doc about Alan Eustace, a late 50s Google exec, breaking Felix Baumgartner’s record for highest balloon drop a few years ago is now on Netflix. Here’s a preview.

The amazing thing shown in the vid is how casually some of the engineers working on this project perceived the risks to Eustace’s life until shit went wrong in various stages of testing.

Comments

WillieMcFML: never heard of this. why didn't he get his own discovery special??
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    First season was pretty weak...

...maybe second season doesn't suck as much?

Bit of drought with good TV. Poor mans Gomorra might fill a few hours. Released on 22nd.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintjewlips View Post
    Anyone watch Anon? Pretty good movie, Clive Owen always surprises me....also I have a feeling that the premise of the movie is eerily similar to what the world is going to become..........even if I could see what sonatine is doing, I don't think I'd ever look....
    Yeah. One of those movies you don’t want to think about too hard because the premise falls apart, but on the surface a decent sci if dystopia movie.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    The Beyond was really great if you are a Sci-fi / space / apocalypse type fan.
    It was ok. It’s basically a movie that has already been made 100 times before (Contact, The day the earth stood still, and Arrival off the top of my head), and doesn’t really add anything to the genre.

As far as low budget Sci-fi alien contact movies go, I thought The Signal was a lot better and more original.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    14 Minutes from Earth: This doc about Alan Eustace, a late 50s Google exec, breaking Felix Baumgartner’s record for highest balloon drop a few years ago is now on Netflix. Here’s a preview.

The amazing thing shown in the vid is how casually some of the engineers working on this project perceived the risks to Eustace’s life until shit went wrong in various stages of testing.
    You mean " 14 minutes from FLAT EARTH, or how about " 14 minutes from the top of the dome"

Fucking "ball earth" losers.

Load Metric
    One episode into 'The Umbrella Academy'.

Seems very promising. The plot seems like a darker version of the X-Men school. Sort of.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

It was good but they might have considered keeping it to the 14 minutes as advertised

Next time someone says there is no funding for this or that you point them to this doc
    White men with too much money
    Conclusion:
    Good luck with Mars
    Last edited by limitles; 02-26-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just watched "Beyond The Curve" and all I can say is wow. There is clearly something more and we are clearly being manipulated by these "ball earth" fraudsters and punks. Mark Sargent should win an Emmy for this A+ performance. Hands down the best and most convincing documentary I've ever watched. I can't believe I was lied to for so long.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Just watched "Beyond The Curve" and all I can say is wow. There is clearly something more and we are clearly being manipulated by these "ball earth" fraudsters and punks. Mark Sargent should win an Emmy for this A+ performance. Hands down the best and most convincing documentary I've ever watched. I can't believe I was lied to for so long.
    Wait, are you accepting anyone's hypothesis that the earth is flat?
    Can't tell if you're being serious?
    And if you are not a flat earth nutcase why do you say "wow" about any of it?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Life Below Zero

The Last Alaskans is similar, but more well written with better cinematography.
    The Last Alaskans ain't available on Netflix Canada. The well written part doesn't sit right with me
    because below zero is not "written" as a sitcom would be.

So I don't buy it and I don't like the title. The last Alaskans. Unless they're talking about the indigenous people

Thread Information