Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Merge Removes Skrill Withdrawal Option

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Towerflower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    Illegal check processing is not an easy business, but all the other methods are easy to process.

This explains why illegal checks are delayed, but not why all the other methods are delayed. And surprisingly Skrill deposits were instant.

You just confirmed that illegal check processing issues are temporarily and not habitual over years!

But I guarantee if a major processor either of those sites have went sour in some way shape or form their wait times would increase as well.
    Their wait times for illegal check processing would indeed increase, but not for the other methods, if player funds do exist.

Bitcoin was added for an option for a lot of players today. I just initiated a max WD and will report how it goes.
    How much is max?

If you know the player funds are missappropriated can you at least tell us how and where they are and show some evidence?
    This question clearly shows that you have no knowledge how these things are working.

a) How?

They send the money from the deposit method accounts to wherever they like, with no control whatsoever. I.e. number accounts in tax havens.

b) Show evidence where the player funds are?

Such a stupid question. As if I would have access to bank transactions worldwide. A criminal investigation might could show to where the player funds went.

As Carbon is not able to process the pending withdrawals in a timely manner and is not able to bring money in, I would say that the majority of the player funds is lost in failed investments.
    All of the other methods can be easy but you need to do the processing yourself!!! Not every company processes their own payments. And without a good processor or a processor that limits your #s you are stuck

There is the answer to just about everything you typed

max btc was $5,000
    What a dumb, misleading and blatant lie!

If you send money from your bank account to Skrill, then your bank process the transfer.

If you send money from your Skrill account to another Skrill account, then Skrill process the transfer.

If you send money with WU, then WU process the transfer.

Even if you send BTC, the network process/confirm the transfer and not yourself!

The only way you could yourself process a transfer is to take the money and bring it personally to the receiver.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Bitcoin was added for an option for a lot of players today. I just initiated a max WD and will report how it goes.

max btc was $5,000
    Expedited payouts only for a selected number of high volume player is a bad sign and Lock Poker did the same.

The decrease of the withdrawal amount from max $10k to $5k is a bad sign and Lock Poker did the same.

If they would have a larger chunk of the player funds on hand, BTC withdrawals would be available for everyone and with a minimum max of $10k.

Ahh and for your info, the max BTC withdrawal amount on WPN is $50k for everyone!

Everyone should avoid Carbon for their discrimination of the customers. Discrimination is a criminal offense in the U.S.

Rest In Peace, Godfather delaware's Avatar
    Load Metric
    CHINA YOU NEED TO MOVE TO CANADA IF YOU WANT TO PLAY ONLINE. NEW PLACES AND FREASH FACES PLUS YOU CAN GET YOUR MONEY. SEEMS LIKE THE RIGHT MOVE TO ME. YOU NRRD THE OPTION OF MORE AND BIGGER PLACES. IT CANT BE THAT FAR TO CANADA FROM YOU

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm afraid that I mostly agree with Towerflower on this one.

Merge's cashout problems of 2015 have been quite peculiar, and I have yet to read a reasonable explanation for them.

In February, they were claiming that the cashout issues were due to a "bottleneck" due to a lot of post-Superbowl cashouts.

Ooooookay... I didn't believe that at the time, but even giving them the benefit of the doubt there, we are now sitting 8 months after the Superbowl, and cashout times haven't improved. So obviously Merge lied, and that wasn't the problem (or at least, that wasn't the biggest factor in the problem).

The Skrill thing also makes no sense. They have yet to provide a reason for Skrill's removal as a withdrawal option. Let's review:

- Skrill only serves non-US customers for poker payments, where it is LEGAL (or at least quasi-legal) to offer residents online poker.

- There are no delays with Skrill involving bad/shady processors, or busts involving processors. All of this is done out in the open, and above-board.

- Skrill makes good money on each transaction.

- Skrill has no problem processing online poker payments.

So why wouldn't Skrill be available to Merge anymore? Do the owners of Skrill hate money?

Obviously not. Skrill obviously terminated or restricted Merge's account due to some kind of problem, most likely complaints regarding availability of funds.

If Merge had the money to pay, they could easily and QUICKLY pay all non-US customers through Skrill.

Unfortuantely, the "Merge isn't broke" arguments seem to revolve around US payouts, which could be slow for any number of reasons. However, given that Merge has been slow paying EVERYONE throughout 2015, and now they are no longer utilizing Skrill, something is very wrong.

So how is Merge paying people with wires and BTC? Because Merge probably isn't flat broke, but they're getting close to it. They're not stupid. They realize that the bad word-of-mouth regarding their payout situation is killing them, so they are doing everything they can to pay people. Basically any money coming into Merge is going back out to those requesting cashouts, so as to restore the faith in the network.

This same scam was attempted by UB, Full Tilt, Lock, and countless other rooms which had stolen or otherwise lost player funds, and were attempting to rob Peter Depositor to pay Paul Withdrawer.

China, it's your money and it's obviously up to you what you want to do with it, but I would suggest cashing as much as you can out of Merge ASAP, and then leaving the network forever.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: [plain]chinamaniac is loyal to merge I get that. When tons of people aren't getting paid and site offers few select people bitcoins while others left in the lurch and takes weeks to process BITCOINS!!! its time to stop beating the drum loudly[/plain

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Just LOL especially if you want to stay around and not get robbed and not get caught. You think these companies just grab any joe off the street and do business with them? If they did they would be FTP and stars part 2 or they would have processors stealing left and right
    As far as getting caught goes as long as they aren't processing from the USA buying up banks and doing shady things like that then they should be able to find people willing to participate who will be reputable enough. At times some have ran off with the money sure but their are ways to keep what they potentially take to a minimum.

Comparing this to FTP and Stars who did a lot of processing within the USA with their fake company names and stuff like that is something different altogether. They were processing a whole lot more transactions then any of the sites do now and a lot of it with ACH transfers which they also got killed on deposits processed this way at times too.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I'm afraid that I mostly agree with Towerflower on this one.

Merge's cashout problems of 2015 have been quite peculiar, and I have yet to read a reasonable explanation for them.

In February, they were claiming that the cashout issues were due to a "bottleneck" due to a lot of post-Superbowl cashouts.

Ooooookay... I didn't believe that at the time, but even giving them the benefit of the doubt there, we are now sitting 8 months after the Superbowl, and cashout times haven't improved. So obviously Merge lied, and that wasn't the problem (or at least, that wasn't the biggest factor in the problem).

The Skrill thing also makes no sense. They have yet to provide a reason for Skrill's removal as a withdrawal option. Let's review:

- Skrill only serves non-US customers for poker payments, where it is LEGAL (or at least quasi-legal) to offer residents online poker.

- There are no delays with Skrill involving bad/shady processors, or busts involving processors. All of this is done out in the open, and above-board.

- Skrill makes good money on each transaction.

- Skrill has no problem processing online poker payments.

So why wouldn't Skrill be available to Merge anymore? Do the owners of Skrill hate money?

Obviously not. Skrill obviously terminated or restricted Merge's account due to some kind of problem, most likely complaints regarding availability of funds.

If Merge had the money to pay, they could easily and QUICKLY pay all non-US customers through Skrill.

Unfortuantely, the "Merge isn't broke" arguments seem to revolve around US payouts, which could be slow for any number of reasons. However, given that Merge has been slow paying EVERYONE throughout 2015, and now they are no longer utilizing Skrill, something is very wrong.

So how is Merge paying people with wires and BTC? Because Merge probably isn't flat broke, but they're getting close to it. They're not stupid. They realize that the bad word-of-mouth regarding their payout situation is killing them, so they are doing everything they can to pay people. Basically any money coming into Merge is going back out to those requesting cashouts, so as to restore the faith in the network.

This same scam was attempted by UB, Full Tilt, Lock, and countless other rooms which had stolen or otherwise lost player funds, and were attempting to rob Peter Depositor to pay Paul Withdrawer.

China, it's your money and it's obviously up to you what you want to do with it, but I would suggest cashing as much as you can out of Merge ASAP, and then leaving the network forever.
    While I respect your opinion , I disagree with a lot of the conclusions you and Towerflower are drawing on this but I am not going to get into them and break them down point by point because I have spent way too much time on this already both in and out of this thread.

That said , there has to be a problem with Skrill and them and why it won't connect and I don't think it is as simple as they don't have the money or they would pay it. I have a couple of theories on this and I will get into one reason why I believe your conclusions are off.

Skrill is a tiny portion of their market because the site is mainly U.S. players. Especially on the poker side of things. If you look at the the thread on 2+2 there have been weeks where they are paying out 100s of thousands of dollars in bankwires and checks and that is massive compared to the amount of skrill that is requested.

So if they are broke like you guys believe or close to broke and skrill is your main reasoning here then if you were operating the site why the hell would you not hold off on a few bank wires and checks a couple of weeks and just fire off the skrill payments? This is a very big reason why the no skrill=broke is laughable to me.

That said, I feel comfortable playing on Merge and I feel I will get paid. If I don't then so be it. Any site I have ever been on I have tried to keep as low of a bankroll as possible and I am always prepared to be stiffed at any time

Will be interesting to see how the BTC thing goes. Not everyone has it but it seems most ROW have it that I have spoke with.
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 09-25-2015 at 10:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Just LOL especially if you want to stay around and not get robbed and not get caught. You think these companies just grab any joe off the street and do business with them? If they did they would be FTP and stars part 2 or they would have processors stealing left and right
    As far as getting caught goes as long as they aren't processing from the USA buying up banks and doing shady things like that then they should be able to find people willing to participate who will be reputable enough. At times some have ran off with the money sure but their are ways to keep what they potentially take to a minimum.

Comparing this to FTP and Stars who did a lot of processing within the USA with their fake company names and stuff like that is something different altogether. They were processing a whole lot more transactions then any of the sites do now and a lot of it with ACH transfers which they also got killed on deposits processed this way at times too.
    Beer,obv it is a lot different than processing from within the USA. But you don't think the DOJ gives a shit about these sites because they are processing from other countries?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Beer,obv it is a lot different than processing from within the USA. But you don't think the DOJ gives a shit about these sites because they are processing from other countries?
    It's really hard to say how invested the DOJ is in stopping the current sites still serving Americans but things being done differently by those who remain in the market that help them fly under the radar.

Some points I will make:

- Stars and Tilt were massive in comparison to any site serving Americans. The DOJ likes to go after big imo.

- Stars and Tilt were advertising heavily on TV post UIEGA era basically saying FU to the DOJ. They grew massively after UIEGA past and the DOJ obviously hated that.

- Stars and Tilt were very greedy to process how they did buying up banks,etc... within the USA and buying up banks. The biggest charge was money laundering citing the banks and shady business fronts they used.

- Processors could easily screw them over in this era because what can the sites do? Call the Police or seek legal action for something they know they shouldn't be doing accepting Americans? It was the cost of doing business. A lot of processor info was gathered clearly from the snitch(s) but some of the earlier rollings you can bet those people got away with it. As cmoney would put it easy mark! Hope if was fun! SFO!

- Of course UB falls into most of this too but they weren't as big and then after they royally screwed the bigger players in the cheating hole card scandal I have no sympathy for anyone who continued to play there afterwards.

The DOJ can always find some way to come after sites still serving Americans but it will be tough to nail them on the processing element if they aren't doing it here. Their are things they can do if other countries banks are willing to cooperate but most of them aren't and the kind of money put on sites from Americans today is way less then prior to Black Friday.

Many sports sites such as 5dimes/Bodog have got away with serving Americans for years too and you can bet the DOJ would love to finish them off more then poker aka no legal gray area since it clearly violates the wire act. Since they continue to operate serving it makes you wonder how they can do so without the heat of the government if main reasons weren't how big Stars/FTP were and the way they processed.

Nobody knows what will happen next. All I've ever said to anyone for years now is that you should never keep more money on any poker/gambling site then you would hate to lose if you woke up tomorrow and they vanished. That amount to some might be $200, $5k, $25k,etc. so you use your own judgement with that.

Comments

thesparten: +1

Bronze
    Load Metric
    That said , there has to be a problem with Skrill and them and why it won't connect and I don't think it is as simple as they don't have the money or they would pay it. I have a couple of theories on this and I will get into one reason why I believe your conclusions are off.

Skrill is a tiny portion of their market because the site is mainly U.S. players. Especially on the poker side of things. If you look at the the thread on 2+2 there have been weeks where they are paying out 100s of thousands of dollars in bankwires and checks and that is massive compared to the amount of skrill that is requested.
    Even more concerning that Carbon has not such a small portion of money on hand to initiate Skrill transfers!

I looked at the thread on 2+2:

Average Merge withdrawal wait times 11 September:

Checks: 89.77 days
    Bankwires: 42 days
    Skrill: 90.2 days

* Please note that this is not approved data and some shills(affiliates, large account balance) might have added fantasy numbers
    - I await your technical explanation why Carbon bankwires take in average 42 days, while bankwires are typically processed within 2-5 business days?

- I await your technical explanation why Carbon bankwires for cancelled Skrill withdrawals suddenly took only 2-5 business days?

- And finally, I wait for your technical explanation why Skrill has in average a 90 days issue, then suddenly work for a few seconds to process the transfer and then fall back to another 90 days period of technical issues?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Even more concerning that Carbon has not such a small portion of money on hand to initiate Skrill transfers!

Average Merge withdrawal wait times 11 September:

Checks: 89.77 days
    Bankwires: 42 days
    Skrill: 90.2 days

* Please note that this is not approved data and some shills(affiliates, large account balance) might have added fantasy numbers
    - I await your technical explanation why Carbon bankwires take in average 42 days, while bankwires are typically processed within 2-5 business days?

- I await your technical explanation why Carbon bankwires for cancelled Skrill withdrawals suddenly took only 2-5 business days?

- And finally, I wait for your technical explanation why Skrill has in average a 90 days issue, then suddenly work for a few seconds to process the transfer and then fall back to another 90 days period of technical issues?

They quote up to 35 days for bankwires (always have, this isn't new) so they are 7 days over their avg there. Whether it takes 3 days to send a bank xfer is not relevant. When you join the site you can look at the cashier and see what they tell you and decide whether to play or not.

They quote up to 56 days for checks so this is over by about 30 days but keep in mind this is the average time this year. Recent times have improved over the average for the year.

Skrill I am more than confident there is a problem with merge and skrill and it is not a cash issue. I already said previously if it was a cash issue they could have just paused processing checks and wires for a week or 2 and pumped out the small amount of skrill xfers

Load Metric

They quote up to 35 days for bankwires (always have, this isn't new) so they are 7 days over their avg there. Whether it takes 3 days to send a bank xfer is not relevant. When you join the site you can look at the cashier and see what they tell you and decide whether to play or not.

They quote up to 56 days for checks so this is over by about 30 days but keep in mind this is the average time this year. Recent times have improved over the average for the year.

Skrill I am more than confident there is a problem with merge and skrill and it is not a cash issue. I already said previously if it was a cash issue they could have just paused processing checks and wires for a week or 2 and pumped out the small amount of skrill xfers

I think his main question was why do bank transfers ever take 42 days when they just proven they can do them in 2-3 days for the cancelled skrill withdrawals?
    This makes no sense. If a bank transfer takes 42 days it takes 42 days.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    If they quote 35 days for bank wires, while they typically take 2-5 business days, then this is very concerning and at least indicates a ponzi scheme!

But I have to admit, their business strategy of taking 10 times longer for a bankwire like their competitors is indeed clever.

Imagine you would offer a parcel service and you would need 10 times longer to deliver like your competitors. I would say this would be indeed a unique selling product with success guaranteed. LMAO

This would rise the unacceptable waiting times for their main processing methods for another week or 2 and customers would start getting more concerned, therefore not so clever.

If Carbon has a personal issue with Skrill, then they could simply offer EcoPayz or other e-wallet methods.

Also, if they would have the money(as you believe), then they would offer BTC withdrawals for everyone and not only for a few selected high volume players.

Comments

big dick: You're as retarded as the guy who just posted below you. That is saying a lot

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I dont mean to chime in with the big boys in this thread but if carbon was available in n.y. i wouldnt join and i make weekly deposits, lol..

I do make the occasinal score or accumulate several good cashes in a row and want my cash..

I dont want to wait too months..

Acr always makes points on saying they wont make upgrades on software for now becouse they seperate player funds from THERE earned rake and just dont have the money! They are coming out with a mac client finally. I prefer acr,s logic and buisness model..

Full flush was taking up to a month and brought it back to 2 weeks after people started complaining..

Thats just tooo long.. if someone like me is turned off by that, they must be in trouble..

I wish u the best China, your a good dude but like i said thats even turning me off, lol..

They can turn it around if they watch expenses and get on point. I dont think there lock becouse they just stole the money for persanal lifestyle wealth..

If your seriouse in your buisness model you can turn a loseing restaurant with bad reviews to a money maker if you cut expenses, give the custermers what they want and deny yourself a salery untill you catch up..same goes for carbon but 2 months wait is not going to grow traffic.

If they got it down to less then a week like acr, i would consider them becouse of the fish(if it was in n.y.)

Untill then il keep losing to beer and poker, at least i get paid when i get lucky..

Are u enjoying the nisson juke i bought u beer and poker..if anybody, i prefer u..just kidding
    Last edited by thesparten; 09-26-2015 at 01:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post

I think his main question was why do bank transfers ever take 42 days when they just proven they can do them in 2-3 days for the cancelled skrill withdrawals?
    This makes no sense. If a bank transfer takes 42 days it takes 42 days.
    I can't answer that because I do not work there. I am aware of the time frames they quote and they have met these for me the vast majority of the time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If they quote 35 days for bank wires, while they typically take 2-5 business days, then this is very concerning and at least indicates a ponzi scheme!

But I have to admit, their business strategy of taking 10 times longer for a bankwire like their competitors is indeed clever.

Imagine you would offer a parcel service and you would need 10 times longer to deliver like your competitors. I would say this would be indeed a unique selling product with success guaranteed. LMAO

This would rise the unacceptable waiting times for their main processing methods for another week or 2 and customers would start getting more concerned, therefore not so clever.

If Carbon has a personal issue with Skrill, then they could simply offer EcoPayz or other e-wallet methods.

Also, if they would have the money(as you believe), then they would offer BTC withdrawals for everyone and not only for a few selected high volume players.
    Ok "towerflower". Nice dupe too

So now you know who gets what methods? From what I understand this may be a beta period and every euro I have spoken too has this as an option
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 09-26-2015 at 02:44 PM.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric

Name:  tyson bitcoins.png
Views: 441
Size:  720.4 KB

Bronze
    Load Metric
    So now you know who gets what methods? From what I understand this may be a beta period and every euro I have spoken too has this as an option
    According to chinamanic on 2+2

Most guys I know that have wire option have larger balances and play higher stakes, same with people who got btc that I talked to so far
    It appears that my assumption is correct.

Lock Poker with George Praag as statutory manager did the same and as George Praag is the operator of the Merge network, it is more than logic that he do the same here.

Even if the players were randomly selected(Fantasy Dream Land), the unacceptable criminal offense of discrimination remains.

No, the introduction of BTC transfers do not require a beta period and is as easy as the introduction of Skrill.

Have you ever heard about a Skrill beta period?!?

Btw, your 2+2 location: Fantasy Land is confirmed

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't believe Towerflower to be a dupe.

I still agree with him.

If Merge has the money, they should be able to find a way to pay people quickly, especially if they are providing BTC withdrawals now. It makes no sense why they are forcing these waiting periods, especially for non-US players.

Waiting periods only exist because of the shady processor situation in the US. There shouldn't be any waiting period to pay non-US players, beyond the standard few days to process.

As Towerflower pointed out, the 42 day wait suddenly became 3 days when they really wanted it to.

There is too much smoke here. The big fire will start soon.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I don't believe Towerflower to be a dupe.

I still agree with him.

If Merge has the money, they should be able to find a way to pay people quickly, especially if they are providing BTC withdrawals now. It makes no sense why they are forcing these waiting periods, especially for non-US players.

Waiting periods only exist because of the shady processor situation in the US. There shouldn't be any waiting period to pay non-US players, beyond the standard few days to process.

As Towerflower pointed out, the 42 day wait suddenly became 3 days when they really wanted it to.

There is too much smoke here. The big fire will start soon.
    Towerflower has been posting for some time and has posted interesting allegations. He has been well in front of the curve. At first I was dismissive but always follow.

The BTC issue is pretty damning. If you deposit or withdraw using BTC on WPN you realize Merge is playing games.

Literally, hours to process BTC in either direction and for nearly any amount. $25k vs $5k. Deposits speed is actually limited by BTC miners confirmation - not ACR. I have watched and tracked confirmations and all that shit cause I have no life.

guys like Tower were always my argument why regulation wasn't necessary. The information gets out there. The one thing I missed was the guys who got stuck when things go south and cannot get out.

Interesting to see BNP taking a stand here.

I hate being wrong. Light regulation. Arghhh

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    According to chinamanic on 2+2

Most guys I know that have wire option have larger balances and play higher stakes, same with people who got btc that I talked to so far
    Would be brilliant accept you left out the part that I added that this sample is really insignificant because the demographic I described make up prob 95 % of the people I talk to
    Last edited by chinamaniac; 09-26-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Thread Information