Thread: Draft Kings is trying to scam me

Load Metric

Draft Kings is trying to scam me

Details on radio if they dont resolve this. Hilarious as it is over 800 bucks but it is principle.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    I have 2 issues with them.

1)If you don't sign up properly (main page enter promo code, if you click sign-up instead, you are fucked) and won't receive all your bonuses.

2)They let these professional Daily Fantasy Sports players enter up to 500 entries per contest.

You are better off trying to beat the spread in Vegas than trying to beat pros playing Daily Fantasy Sports.

Wanna bet that the person who wins $2 million in their $10 million millionaire maker had more than a few entries?

Maybe DraftKings will try to pay you off with a giant fake check.

Comments

herbertstemple: Always wondered if anybody ever tried to cash one of those giant checks.

Load Metric
    You Aren't Good Enough to Win Money Playing Daily Fantasy Football
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...ntasy-football

DraftKings and FanDuel are testing new ways to make less successful players feel comfortable and enhance the impression that games are fair and winnable. For the massive tournaments whose prizes regularly top $1 million, both websites now limit the number of entries from a single player. FanDuel put a cap of about 1,000 entries on big football tournaments this year. For DraftKings's "Millionaire Maker" tournament, players are limited to 500 entries at the $10 level.

These limits seem almost laughably nonrestrictive until you understand how top players operate. Analysis from Rotogrinders conducted for Bloomberg shows that the top 100 ranked players enter 330 winning lineups per day, and the top 10 players combine to win an average of 873 times daily. The remaining field of approximately 20,000 players tracked by Rotogrinders wins just 13 times per day, on average.
    The money-losing players tend to get lucky, win a few times, reinvest the prize money, and eventually lose. The losses are split evenly between daily fantasy sports websites such as DraftKings and FanDuel and the sharks like Sud. Only the top 1.3 percent of players finished in the green during the three months measured by the Sport Business Journal. An unrelated survey of more than 1,400 fantasy sports players conducted by Krejcik of Eilers Research this summer found that 70 percent of participants have lost money.

Comments

garrett: I was a part of the 1400 who participated in this Eilers panel. They sent the final report results but I think its copyrighted so cant really share much of that I dont think. Do have it though.

Load Metric
    Curious to hear more.

Draftkings frontline support is kinda generic outsourced customer support and can be frustrating. Try getting in touch with these two if possible.

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/jonathan-aguiar/65/338/4b1

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/leonard...iego/6/aba/891

Jon Aguiar or Leonardo (Len) Don Diego at Draftkings is who you want to try and communicate with. Hope this helps you some.
    Last edited by garrett; 09-14-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    You are better off trying to beat the spread in Vegas than trying to beat pros playing Daily Fantasy Sports.
    Taking a prop bet straight up is more +EV than essentially parlaying a bunch of players as a prop bet.

The only good thing about DFS that has me playing this year is all of the guaranteed money in these big tournaments.
    =

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Would really like to hear the details on this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Would really like to hear the details on this.
    It got resolved and i think this thread helped.

They were saying someone else used their card to deposit into my account and therefore they were closing my account and keeping the funds I had just won. They have offered no proof of this other person depositing and ignored my emails until I sent them this link. They also never explained to me how someone with a different name could deposit into my account. That seems like credit card fraud security 101.

Once I fired them the link they said there was a mistake and they apologized. I actually believe them as I find it hard to believe a company of this size would try to roll someone for 800. However, I do think it is possible they would have just run with the bad information and told me to fuck off if I didnt raise the level of annoyance to them by posting here.
    :freelewfather

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    "But when DraftKings, for example, wanted to expand its business into England, it had to apply to the United Kingdom’s gambling commission for a license, which was granted last month."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/17/sp...?smid=tw-share
    Its not gambling tho!

Glad you got ur loot back cmoney

Thread Information