Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wells Fargo closed my accounts. I'm no longer a valued customer

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Wells Fargo closed my accounts. I'm no longer a valued customer

Tried to use my debit card this weekend and it was not declined but gave an error. Called WF to have a new card issued no problem. Going out of town today and logged onto my account and all accounts are stricted. Called WF they advised a fraud hold was on account. After 1.5 hours on the phone a executive response rep advised all accounts have been closed by an area president. Reason: we do not want your business anymore

This is the President whose number I published. Problem- they said the funds will be on hold for 3 days. I can't withdraw anything.

What's my play? The assistant told a social friend of mine about a check that I deposited. Advised the amount and who it was from. Isn't giving out personal info against reg?

Assistant Julie Dance 804-697-7388

Area president. Deena Brumel. 804-697-6439

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    Tried to use my debit card this weekend and it was not declined but gave an error. Called WF to have a new card issued no problem. Going out of town today and logged onto my account and all accounts are stricted. Called WF they advised a fraud hold was on account. After 1.5 hours on the phone a executive response rep advised all accounts have been closed by an area president. Reason: we do not want your business anymore

This is the President whose number I published. Problem- they said the funds will be on hold for 3 days. I can't withdraw anything.

What's my play? The assistant told a social friend of mine about a check that I deposited. Advised the amount and who it was from. Isn't giving out personal info against reg?

Assistant Julie Dance 804-697-7388

Area president. Deena Brumel. 804-697-6439
    When you know you are only getting 10% of the story rep.

Comments

Muck Ficon: LOL

VegasJim: WP lol

Load Metric

Comments

MumblesBadly: Lol!

Load Metric
    Wells Fargo Bank is one of the worst banks ever, they will close your accounts for all kinds of bullshit.

Try City National Bank or Chase instead.

Load Metric
    Need more details as to why they no longer want your business. I am sure they told you why. Can you shed a little more light?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Yeah!!!

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Nope I keep that separate. Use completely different bank.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Wells Fargo Bank is one of the worst banks ever, they will close your accounts for all kinds of bullshit.

Try City National Bank or Chase instead.

I have a B of A but I have heard good things about chase.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Not as separate as you think. Guess who holds all the deposit money for AmEx Bluebird cards? I'ma give you a hint. Their name has 2 words, & the second word is Fargo.

They probably don't enjoy the money laundering aspects of what you do.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Any online poker related transactions in the past year?

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    Need more details as to why they no longer want your business. I am sure they told you why. Can you shed a little more light?
    It really did start with a minor deposit dispute. It ended with me calling the area presidents assistant worthless blah blah blah blah. This really pissed her boss off. Nobody would tell me why the account were closed except it was a business decision. I finally dug it out a pheasant that an area president signed off on it.

The president actually called today and took all holds off and had the branch waiting for me to pick up cash. The teller actually asked how I wanted the cash small or large. It was mid 5 figs. Wells is a bunch of idiots. I told him in silver dollars

I do admit I was so rude that it actually shocked me. I still think they should have advised me of account closing instead of me being declined and calling.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Any online poker related transactions in the past year?

Nope. They really closed it because I was an ass to the area pres.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANKRIZZO View Post
    It really did start with a minor deposit dispute. It ended with me calling the area presidents assistant worthless blah blah blah blah. This really pissed her boss off. Nobody would tell me why the account were closed except it was a business decision. I finally dug it out a pheasant that an area president signed off on it.

The president actually called today and took all holds off and had the branch waiting for me to pick up cash. The teller actually asked how I wanted the cash small or large. It was mid 5 figs. Wells is a bunch of idiots. I told him in silver dollars

I do admit I was so rude that it actually shocked me. I still think they should have advised me of account closing instead of me being declined and calling.
    Well, I've never heard of this before, but I understand it.

Why did you create such a scene?

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Well, I've never heard of this before, but I understand it.

Why did you create such a scene?
    It didn't start as a scene. It was me asking for the branch managers number. Then it was no return calls. Then is was let me get your managers number and no return calls. They literally did everything they possibly could to piss me off. Should have been settled in 5 minutes.

I then posted the area presidents number on twitter and a few other high profile spots. This actually got the attention of a social acquaintance that contacted me and asked if I would take it down. I said NO! She contact the president and told her. This acquaintance also knew the amount of the check I was depositing, what kind of check it was and who wrote it. The acquaintance works for WF but has nothing to do with personal accounts and does not need to know my business. She told me the assistant told her all the info. bitching about how rude I was.

I'm a little concerned that they have my account coded as suspicious activity for the closure reason.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Not as separate as you think. Guess who holds all the deposit money for AmEx Bluebird cards? I'ma give you a hint. Their name has 2 words, & the second word is Fargo.

They probably don't enjoy the money laundering aspects of what you do.
    Really? Amex and WF? Crap

I've deposited a total of 2K in that account. Not a big red flag. It's not money laundering if I have receipts for every transaction.

Load Metric

Load Metric

I've deposited a total of 2K in that account. Not a big red flag. It's not money laundering if I have receipts for every transaction.
    Clearly, they want no part of your scheme. The money ain't the flag, what you are doing with the money is the flag. You got receipts? Great, then you can confirm to them that you are essentially washing your money, from one account of yours to another of yours, while earning points in a manner they don't approve of.

That should settle everything.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

Clearly, they want no part of your scheme. The money ain't the flag, what you are doing with the money is the flag. You got receipts? Great, then you can confirm to them that you are essentially washing your money, from one account of yours to another of yours, while earning points in a manner they don't approve of.

That should settle everything.
    I read about Amex and WF. It's not held in my name at WF. This has nothing to do with my current situation.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Goodpoop's scheme to run up his Chase card is not illegal. It's just a loophole which will eventually be closed.

It's known as purchasing "pseudo-cash", and most credit cards these days have a cash advance fee associated with doing things like this. It's possible that Chase hasn't caught onto this particular version of pseudo-cash. It's not actually money laundering.

In fact, some people earned millions of airline miles buying $1 coins from the US Mint with no fees (and it was processed as a purchase -- not cash advance), allowing the buyer to use the coins to actually pay off the credit card used to buy them! Rinse, and repeat! (This no longer works, btw, and I never did it myself.)

Anyway, just about zero chance his account closure was because of this.

I believe that indeed his account was closed for the reason he thinks -- maliciously posting the area president's phone # on social media.

I found that doing such a thing will never end well, and should only be done as a complete last resort when a company has screwed you, won't make it right, and you'll never use them again. Otherwise they do have a right to stop doing business with you.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Goodpoop's scheme to run up his Chase card is not illegal. It's just a loophole which will eventually be closed.

It's known as purchasing "pseudo-cash", and most credit cards these days have a cash advance fee associated with doing things like this. It's possible that Chase hasn't caught onto this particular version of pseudo-cash. It's not actually money laundering.

In fact, some people earned millions of airline miles buying $1 coins from the US Mint with no fees (and it was processed as a purchase -- not cash advance), allowing the buyer to use the coins to actually pay off the credit card used to buy them! Rinse, and repeat! (This no longer works, btw, and I never did it myself.)

I believe that indeed his account was closed for the reason he thinks -- maliciously posting the area president's phone # on social media.

I found that doing such a thing will never end well, and should only be done as a complete last resort when a company has screwed you, won't make it right, and you'll never use them again. Otherwise they do have a right to stop doing business with you.
    Once I spoke with the president she told me it was because of my actions. If I call normal customer service or even fraud they advise it was restricted and closed because of suspicious activity. When I pressed it and got to an executive response member they could see it was closed for a business reason, meaning I was an ass to the wrong person.

The loophole is they allow gift cards to be purchased with a credit card. The credit card company is still making their money. What difference is it if I buy GC or TVs? The GC sellers are making their 3.95.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Once I spoke with the president she told me it was because of my actions. If I call normal customer service or even fraud they advise it was restricted and closed because of suspicious activity. When I pressed it and got to an executive response member they could see it was closed for a business reason, meaning I was an ass to the wrong person.

The loophole is they allow gift cards to be purchased with a credit card. The credit card company is still making their money. What difference is it if I buy GC or TVs? The GC sellers are making their 3.95.
    I'll tell you why.

Yes, the gift card sellers are making their $3.95.

But these VISA gift cards are now considered "pseudo-cash", because they can be used to purchase just about anything. Therefore, they are seen as a cash advance by most banks, and you get hit with instant interest and staggering cash advance fees.

So I'm not sure if this will work.

Thread Information