Thread: attention poker faggots: Live At The Bike are all on youtube now

Load Metric

attention poker faggots: Live At The Bike are all on youtube now

literally something like 1000+ hours of poker footage from LATB, looks like a ton of shit got added this year, i had no idea.

upside: still a lot of fun after all these years, the 400/800 LHE sessions from 2005 are amazing/hilarious.

downside: its easily the most painfully arrogant, tone deaf, grossly flawed commentary youve heard in ages and they do not .. ever.. shut the fuck up. plus the quality aint so hot. plus this was before they rolled with RFID in the cards/chips. plus holy shit those commentators.. these pasty faggots drive their hondas to work so they can shred someone worth low mid 8 figured for blowing a checkraise. meanwhile they cant shut up about how well being weak tight works for them at the 20/40 games.

fucking faggots.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LiveattheBikecom

whatever.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    I loved the idea of live at the bike. However in practice it was AIDS.

Load Metric
    Back when I played on Prima poker in 2005 they had a cool tv feature. Can't remember the name of it but if you sat down at certain marked cash tables they would actually broadcast the game through commentators (before twitch was around). It's been so long I can't even remember if hole cards were shown or if it was delayed. It was a really cool feature and gave the games more of a community feel. It also made you feel special for playing 200nl :P

I think it was like broadcast on skysports44 or some crazy stuff like that

Load Metric
    Poker night live...

wow that brings back old memories. Hadn't thought of this for like 8 years...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Back when I played on Prima poker in 2005 they had a cool tv feature. Can't remember the name of it but if you sat down at certain marked cash tables they would actually broadcast the game through commentators (before twitch was around). It's been so long I can't even remember if hole cards were shown or if it was delayed. It was a really cool feature and gave the games more of a community feel. It also made you feel special for playing 200nl :P

Still exists on Sky Poker

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Who was in the 400-800 game in 2005? I probably know all of them.

Probably wasn't Newhouse because he hadn't blown up huge yet (that was 2006), though I did first meet him in '05 at a 400-800 game in Vegas. Believe it or not, he was playing very tight and was clearly not comfortable at the limits -- a far cry from the gambler he soon became. That game was also notable because two usually-tough players sat down and played unusually poorly.

Neverwin sat in that game and was actually a limpdonk. He was playing this odd loose-passive limp style, lost a lot of money, and it was like a different person had taken over Neverwin's body. He must have been on something.

Even odder, Tommy Hang, who almost never plays badly (and when he does, it's on the too-aggro side), also sat down and played way too passively, though not as badly as Neverwin. Unlike neverwin, I haven't known Tommy to have a substance abuse problem, so this was really weird. I never saw him play like that again.

When the game was over, I asked myself, "WTF just happened here?"

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Who was in the 400-800 game in 2005? I probably know all of them.

Probably wasn't Newhouse because he hadn't blown up huge yet (that was 2006), though I did first meet him in '05 at a 400-800 game in Vegas. Believe it or not, he was playing very tight and was clearly not comfortable at the limits -- a far cry from the gambler he soon became. That game was also notable because two usually-tough players sat down and played unusually poorly.

Neverwin sat in that game and was actually a limpdonk. He was playing this odd loose-passive limp style, lost a lot of money, and it was like a different person had taken over Neverwin's body. He must have been on something.

Even odder, Tommy Hang, who almost never plays badly (and when he does, it's on the too-aggro side), also sat down and played way too passively, though not as badly as Neverwin. Unlike neverwin, I haven't known Tommy to have a substance abuse problem, so this was really weird. I never saw him play like that again.

When the game was over, I asked myself, "WTF just happened here?"

It was like, Jerry Buss, Gabe Kaplan, some LA high stakes grinders, Shawn Sheikie, and the usual Vietnamese tournament slayers (Tuan Lee, Pham, so on).

It played pretty much like a 4/8 game because no one at that limit realllllly gives a fuck about money, plus Jerry Buss in the house who goes on 60k swings in as many minutes, so really everyone is seeing a flop and chasing gutters because the only currency that matters to them is other players grief.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    This is nothing new. When you click the videos it shows highlight hands and some old broadcasts from 2006 but nothing current.

The channel hasn't posted any new videos in 2 months or so.

Most of that shit is going to be unwatchable but in ways it could be funny to see how the games have changed since then.

Load Metric
    nothing new? who wants to watch anything contemporary.

the point is that all the 2005 & 2006 library is now digitized and on youtube. i would rather go to the dentist than watch a bunch of 2015 era "grinders" TAG their way into raked oblivion.

Load Metric
    rofl jewdonk would rather not goto the dentist AND KABOOM SON

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    nothing new? who wants to watch anything contemporary.

the point is that all the 2005 & 2006 library is now digitized and on youtube. i would rather go to the dentist than watch a bunch of 2015 era "grinders" TAG their way into raked oblivion.
    What I mean is this clips have been up for several months in the channel so it's semi-moonlanding. I think it was mentioned about them being up a while back on here as well.

Load Metric
    Ahhhhh gotcha. Point taken.

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post

LOL yup. I got down onm there a few times. I think some skins (or all) had "TV" sngs too.

Load Metric
    Watched a bit of this today. Some pretty great stuff in those films.

Always fascinating to see how many of the "known" players from the boom have vanished ........

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Watched a bit of this today. Some pretty great stuff in those films.

Always fascinating to see how many of the "known" players from the boom have vanished ........
    Agreed. It was an ecosystem that lost its primary food source and collapsed, pretty much.

Load Metric

Comments

4Dragons: that's gold jerry

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Check out that poker face! Druff looks mean....and bloated

Cliffs: Skip to 59:55
    Last edited by jacosta24; 09-08-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Load Metric
    Druff would you still tip dealers at a 20 game?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jacosta24 View Post

Check out that poker face! Druff looks mean....and bloated
    high salt content in Bike food, probably.

Thread Information