Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO TODD...

Banned
    Load Metric

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO TODD...

Hey whats up n-words

You can take a wild guess who it is.

I want to make a few notable points about the recent transitions and dramas on these forums and what it all really means..

First & Foremost...

A) Nobody gives a FUCK about poker anymore

The handful of people still clinging to this idea that poker is a legitimate pursuit are totally delusional. No matter what happens with the legalization of poker in the U.S. playing poker 'for a living' is pretty much the worst way you can spend your life. I started playing in 02 and here we are 10 years later and if I could take it all back and never play, that would be just fine with me. Before I got turned on to poker I was making close to 70K a year and doing just fine. Poker is the main reason that things got so fucked up. The PEOPLE that gravitate to this so called 'sport' are the lowest pieces of shit on the planet. I can speak from experience because I have worked and dealt with a lot of pieces of shit in my life and I assure you, poker players are right there on the bottom of the barrel.

It took me all this time to finally wake up and realize that. Nothing positive seems to come from poker. NOTHING. Here we are not even a decade after the Moneymaker boom and look at the entire industry. DOJ coming down hard on Black Friday and now scam after scam after scam after scam coming to light. This is all so fucking pathetic. Makes me ashamed to have ever been a part of this sick subculture.

No I'm not complaining about my life, nor am I am blaming poker for any of the decisions I made or their subsequent consequences. I will live with that because I have an addictive personality and have always had an inherent tendency to make impulsive decisions. The point is that in hindsight, I wish I had started shooting up heroin instead of playing poker because it would have made less of a negative impact on my life. (and 10's of thousands of others for that matter) I left Las Vegas almost a year and a half ago now and its the best decision I ever made to flee that horrible place.

B) Why Does This Site Even Exist ?

Druff I don't mean to be harsh here, but 2+2 already exists as a platform for outting scandals. Not only is 2+2 the biggest poker forum, it's also one of the top 10 forums (period) on the internet. I think trying to launch a site post Black Friday before poker is 'legalized' in the United States is retarded. I'm glad you have a site up, but lets not kid ourselves here. This is not going anywhere further than catering to the same circle jerk of a couple hundred NWP/DD lurkers.

Even if there is some kind of 'legalization' of poker in this country soon, it's not ever going to be the same as it was with Poker Stars and Full Tilt. MGM or Caesars will launch some crappy bullshit catering to only U.S. customers and there will be no '2nd boom'. That is a myth and wishful thinking at best. The reality is we get some sanitized software with a fraction of the game selection. On top of that, foreign players won't be able to participate (afaik) so the whole idea of a resurgence of poker is idiotic. There are infinite articles about all the shady crap with poker and now the whole house of cards is falling down

If I go to NVG, the entire forum is littered with scandals and rip offs and other poker degeneracy on the 1st page. Nobody is going to rush to play poker in the United States if legislation is passed. It doesn't matter. Without Stars, who fucking cares ? I think you are late to the party and this site is going to be an afterthought to any news posted on 2+2. I think you are delusional trying to posture as the new voice for scandal in the poker world, when the reality is that most of your 'hot scoops' are coming from 2+2 anyway.

3) Poker should be a recreational activity

I enjoyed poker a lot more back in the day when I cared about my job and was taking home a good living and it was just a hobby. Poker stopped being enjoyable when I quit a 70K a year career to chase that pipe dream in Vegas. Once I made the decision to resign and pack up for Vegas, I insta-fucked the next 5 years of my life and forgot what really mattered. There is a big difference between working at a real job and playing poker on the weekends, as opposed to having to slug it out grinding low limit holdem with people you would normally never associate with.

Todd, you have been fortunate to come from a wealthy family and built your bankroll and exist on a level the vast majority of poker players don't have the luxury of playing on. Most of the people who have been destroyed by poker aren't in that spot because they got rolled by UB. They are there because they are compulsive gamblers and pissed it all away and actually started to believe they were talented at poker when in fact they were just on the plus side of variance.

I respect the fact you are starting this site to out scandals and ripoffs in the poker world, but in my opinion the problem is poker itself.

For the first time, I started to think that maybe its a good thing that our government is trying to restrict the virus-like growth of poker and I am actually thankful they shut down the big sites because poker is terrible and plagued with scandal and theft and scams and multi-accounting and money laundering. Maybe there is a reason why poker faded away for so long until 2003 and maybe there is a reason why it held such a negative stigma attached to it for so long. Maybe its because the people that are drawn to poker are fucking scumbags and liars and thieves (like we are starting to find out now with E-Dog and all the crap associated with FTP)

4)There will be no 'second boom' for Poker

It's over lets face it.

I don't care how much pull Steve Wynn and Gary Loveman have. Poker as we knew it is fucking toast in this country. Stars is never coming back. The bulk of the American public consider poker to be a collection of vermin and scammers and there is ZERO nobility or true spirit of competition in this (ahem) 'sport'

I started playing poker because it appealed to my competitive nature and because it was a game that demanded advanced thinking and strategy. But sadly, the state of poker as we know it has nothing to do with any of that. There is no competition. Its all about stacking the deck and rolling people for stakes and deception. I soured on poker a long time ago because I realized the entire poker community is populated by shameless opportunists and liars. The 'sport' of poker in its current state has very little to do with the true essence of competition. Its all about who can fuck who the hardest

The saga is Full Tilt and all the casualties in its aftermath should be proof enough that there is no way in hell that poker in the United States will ever get back to its glory days. The jig is up, and all of these Vegas mega-moguls jockeying for a piece of the post-legalization market are in for a serious wake-up call. I just don't think there is ever going to be any real resurgence of 'fish' even with the prettiest software possible. Yes there is an infinite supply of retards in the United States, but the right wing lobby will never allow poker to be the free-for-all it was when Stars and FT were crushing it. Any legalization of poker here will be so sanitized with poor game selection and all kinds of limitations on player to player transfers...the whole dynamic that Stars created will never exist here in this country. period

____

In closing, I have to admit I'm thoroughly enjoying Micon take a giant dick up the ass and I hope your site thrives in the future. I just question how strong your demographic here really is. We are not saving the manatees here and your core posters are always going to be the same gang of retarded losers. I have my doubts about this ever being any kind of 'mainstream' resource for poker scandals.

When push comes to shove, you are a spin-off site in a dead industry Todd. I think its fair to say that this forum is more of a tribute to your ego than it will ever be to outting real scandals in whats left of the poker world. Nothing wrong with that though. I'm just saying lets be realistic about how big this 'community' really is.

GL Sir

Load Metric
    fucking care more Marty. also didnt bother reading it.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    wow im not trying to be an ass or anything, but how long did it take u to write all that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ktx49 View Post
    wow im not trying to be an ass or anything, but how long did it take u to write all that?
    he has no life other than these boards so to him its a labor of love. time is nothing when you are 50 and your only friend is the internet.

Banned
    Load Metric

about 30 minutes I guess

I type about 60 wpm give or take

and I thank God every day of my life I'm not Mexican

Load Metric
    tl:dr
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    fucking care more Marty. also didnt bother reading it.

you didn't bother reading it because you are a low rent illiterate minority pos with a limited grasp of the English language and have comprehension issues

sorry that 1000 words of text intimidates you and you can't seem to formulate a complete paragraph

I'm guessing you don't have a library of encyclopedias in the house you are sharing with your grandparents, cousins and all their offspring

Load Metric
    lol, I wish you were smart enough to understand a globe so I could point to you where Spain is. Uncle Allen fucked you retarded

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post

about 30 minutes I guess

I type about 60 wpm give or take

and I thank God every day of my life I'm not Mexican
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    he has no life other than these boards so to him its a labor of love. time is nothing when you are 50 and your only friend is the internet.

lol weren't you the guy who was crying a river to Micon when he decided to 'unban' me on DD and chimed in multiple times about how awful I was ?

you don't contribute shit. you never have

your neanderthal Mexican brain can't handle getting slapped by someone with a superior intellect because you are just a macho idiot who thinks getting in bar fights is 'gangster' and can't hang when it comes to reading a BOOK or completing a sentence

I try not to lower myself to this level which is why I'm such an introvert. I don't like communicating or dealing with people lower on the food chain as me.

get your fucking G.E.D. bro

Banned
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm not going to get in the middle of this fight between Marty and Suicide King, but I do want to remind everyone not to post pictures of people's family members, unless that person has already posted the picture to one of these forums.

Thank you.

Banned
    Load Metric
    by the way SK

yes I do love the internet. Its fascinating to me, like a big puzzle. Very technical and complex. The whole experience the last couple of years has taught me a shitload about a lot of applications and I do enjoy my time online like everyone else.

Notice I have had a couple of sites the last couple of years and made a few bucks and you are just trolling me after all this time because you don't have anything else better to offer about yourself you boring fucking spic

I have been saying this a long time, but I am totally amazed how the same people that are so addicted to trolling me always seem to have the shittiest lives themselves.

SK you are a just some brainless dancing monkey eating day-old refried beans. seriously get to the back of the bus already where you belong

Load Metric
    Marty, you answered (B) yourself in the EL thread.
    its amazing how quickly this site is being used as a venue for quality content
    won't hold against you since it's obvious you are on the sauce tonight - you listed your bullet points in this thread as "A, B, 3, 4"

Banned
    Load Metric
    btw Todd FYI

people are impersonating you on AIM now

just a heads up

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GOD View Post
    btw Todd FYI

people are impersonating you on AIM now

just a heads up
    Great.

What AIM account are they using, and what are they saying?

Load Metric
    Yeah so about my statement that Marty won't post here because--- well whatever the reasons were they fucking sucked apparently.

60 posts in like 2 days dude really?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post
    won't hold against you since it's obvious you are on the sauce tonight - you listed your bullet points in this thread as "A, B, 3, 4"

Expert catch sir.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

no Todd is on to a good thing. the site looks great. I'm happy for him if only to crush DD once and for all.

I'm just questioning the future and relevance of the poker world, and just how 'mainstream' the site actually is

The site has had a solid launch. I like the idea of Todd putting the hammer down when appropriate.

he has the right idea and I think Todd will make good decisions and find that 'balance' between uncensored and bad taste.

Micon lacks any common sense whatsoever and this is why DD is taking a huge fucking nose dive into the toilet and Todd is stealing the entire user base. Micon is broke. Todd is a millionaire. do the fucking math

moral of the story is that Todd and I are never going to be best buddies, or allies for that matter. But we do share a common vision which is to keep all this fucking FILTH off this medium of communication.

with the evolution of other advanced social media platforms, message forums are almost obsolete now.

its important to keep this all in perspective because the American public doesn't give two shits about online poker, let alone the internet, let alone some random fraud site. I'm not bashing Todd at all. Just saying that come on. poker is dead as FUCK and not showing any signs of rebounding any faster than the real estate market.

oh and....

Load Metric
    I think Druff just wants to have someplace where he can talk about the shit he wants to talk about. I doubt he has any grand illusions of what this place may become.

Thread Information