Thread: Live at the Bike "Pokersesh" show on August 31 to feature discussion about Melanie Weisner's scumbaggery with Lock Poker

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Live at the Bike "Pokersesh" show on August 31 to feature discussion about Melanie Weisner's scumbaggery with Lock Poker

Melanie has been associated with Live at the Bike for awhile, commentating on live poker and running a poker workshop: https://www.liveatthebike.com/produc...eisner-bundle/

Surprisingly, "limon", who runs the Pokersesh Podcast on Monday nights at 6pm Pacific, will be having a discussion about whether Melanie took advantage of the Lock Poker situation to enrich herself at the expense of innocent people.

Melanie wasn't the absolute worst figure in the Lock scandal (those awards go to Jennifer Larson, Shane Bridges, and several others), but she was a sponsored pro who promoted the site for about a year AFTER it became clear that they weren't paying.

She was even worse than people like Annette Obrestad and Mike Mizrachi, who simply intentionally closed their eyes to it.

Melanie had her eyes WIDE OPEN about the situation, as I spoke to her at length about it in May 2013. She promised that she was working hard with a few other pros to put pressure on Jennifer to start paying, and that they would all leave in June if this wasn't accomplished.

Nothing changed in June, and Melanie stayed.

She also took advantage of the situation, taking priority cashouts (when everyone else's money was stuck), and then charging people 25% vig to get their stuck money off through her. A good person would have done this at 0% vig, out of guilt for promoting a scam site in the first place. A good person would have also immediately quit promoting it at the first sign of it being a big scam.

Melanie did neither of these things.

I will be calling into limon's show on Monday at 6pm, along with a few others, and make these points.

Melanie isn't the only pro who should be shamed for what happened at Lock, but she was definitely complicit in what happened there, and knowingly promoted/profited from a scam.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Melanie is currently commentating on a Live at the Bike $50/$100 NL game going on with a bunch of pros playing in it.

I heard a few pros who stuck with the company claim that they were told certain things would be done to rectify the cashout issues along with some business plans that seemed very promising then they realized over time that they were lied to.

Many pros claim they stuck with the company hoping things still would improve and feel that if everyone left how would the people ever get paid? How would they get any possible information of the state of Lock Poker in that case? It's silly logic but lets assume they were able to pressure the company to pay more out and liquidate all assets they have, these pros would look like heroes (or at least a lot better in the public eye) if that happened for getting things done.

I'm not saying I think it's right but had things gone differently people wouldn't place the blame on pros staying with the company too long. Some left early and others didn't. Michael Mizrachi probably didn't have a clue what was going on and never cared to since he was just thinking "Alright Lock Poker, your going to pay me money to wear a patch and be on your site"? Where do I sign up!

The expedited cashout thing and trying to make money cashing people out was abuse of power from Melanie and she deserves all the shit she gets for that shady practice.

A lot of pros lost a ton of money on the network though. I believe bigdogpckt5s who was part of Lock said he lost around 6 figures if I'm not mistaken and I know he got burned by UB for over that much too where he says he rarely keeps a lot online anymore and just deposits if he needs to.

Then you have the free Portugal trip that you can be sure burned up a few hundred grand for the company but I heard a few pros say that was paid up like a year in advance before shit was hitting the fan so I don't know what to make of that.

What a shit business model trying to be Full Tilt 2.0 having a bunch of pros on the team even if you aren't paying them much just giving "winners who cashout" 100% rakeback is very bad.

Full Tilt made over a million a day in it's peak with a big player base while Lock wasn't even close to that. FTP was easily 20 to 40x as big (I forget the numbers) then Lock yet Lock hired probably 1/3rd or 1/4th the pros they had, so how was this business model going to work out?

Many of these pros Lock had were a bunch of no names who didn't add any value to the network.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Basically, my gripe with Melanie is that she both promoted Lock long after it was clearly a scam, AND profited from the horrible cashout situation by using her "priority cashout" status to make 25% vig on them.

I assert that, once Melanie learned that Lock was a scam and not paying anyone (something she acknowledged in May, 2013 when I talked to her voice on Skype), she should have resigned immediately. She promised me that she would resign in June, 2013 if things did not improve, and she broke that promise. Instead, she kept promoting them.

Later it was also discovered that Melanie had been using her "priority cashouts" to get money off Lock when regular players couldn't, and was buying people's Lock funds at 75% and then cashing them out for herself at 100%. This was when Lock funds were trading at something like 30% on 2+2. So she took advantage of the situation and profited from it, rather than doing this at no vig in order to simply help the community (and atone for the fact that she had been promoting a scam company!)
    In which country was Melanie Weissner resident when she did this?

How did she promote Lock Poker during this time?

Who is directly a victim of her promotion(affiliate link, etc.), while it was clear Lock is a scam and how much is the damage?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Towerflower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Basically, my gripe with Melanie is that she both promoted Lock long after it was clearly a scam, AND profited from the horrible cashout situation by using her "priority cashout" status to make 25% vig on them.

I assert that, once Melanie learned that Lock was a scam and not paying anyone (something she acknowledged in May, 2013 when I talked to her voice on Skype), she should have resigned immediately. She promised me that she would resign in June, 2013 if things did not improve, and she broke that promise. Instead, she kept promoting them.

Later it was also discovered that Melanie had been using her "priority cashouts" to get money off Lock when regular players couldn't, and was buying people's Lock funds at 75% and then cashing them out for herself at 100%. This was when Lock funds were trading at something like 30% on 2+2. So she took advantage of the situation and profited from it, rather than doing this at no vig in order to simply help the community (and atone for the fact that she had been promoting a scam company!)
    In which country was Melanie Weissner resident when she did this?

How did she promote Lock Poker during this time?

Who is directly a victim of her promotion(affiliate link, etc.), while it was clear Lock is a scam and how much is the damage?
    USA.

She promoted them on her Twitter, by wearing Lock patches at live events, and by having her face on the website as a Lock Pro.

I don't know who is directly a victim of her promotion, because only Lock Poker has that info.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    USA sounds good

While I don't know the criminal laws of the USA specially, I am pretty sure that advertising a scam for financial benefit is a criminal offense. There should be at least valid civil claims and this can get expensive in the USA

She probably did not declare all the money she received from Lock and the commission she took for expedited withdrawals as an income, which would be tax evasion.

If people can provide more details and proof, I am willing to search a lawyer in the state where she was resident during this time.

I specially look for:

- Her address(at least state/city) while she promoted Lock and actual address.

- Screenshots of her Twitter posts promoting Lock(after June 2013)

- Screenshots or photos of her wearing Lock patches at live events(after June 2013).

- Screenshot or waybackmachine link showing her face as a Lock pro on Lock's website.

- Statements from people who received an expedited withdrawal offer from her and how much her commission was.

I read statements from people who got this offered somewhere in the forums, but don't remember where. Maybe it was in the Official Lock Poker Crisis Containment Thread on 2+2.

- Melanie Weissner's bank or e-wallet account details she used for the expedited withdrawals.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Bump

Cliffs from show and/or druff call in

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vookenmeister View Post
    Bump

Cliffs from show and/or druff call in
    this was the running thread when druff was on, then not on. http://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sho...elanie-Weisner

Thread Information