Thread: SWITCHING TO THE MIXED GAMES

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

SWITCHING TO THE MIXED GAMES

Throughout my poker career I've devoted myself playing No-limit Texas holdem, and as most of us I entered the game via the poker boom. Chris Moneymaker, WSOP Main event episodes, Poker after dark, ect...all played out in one form of poker, NLHE. That's all I've seen so it's all I really ever cared about.

Earlier this year I made a statement about how a player's best shot at winning a bracelet was through some form of mixed game. I honestly believe this especially after playing the massive Colossus event and seeing how popular no-limit tournaments are to the average poker player. So for the past few months I've put time aside and have been learning the mixed games online at the 30/60 cent level, and to my surprise I have found a new passion.

I've learned the basic strategies of Razz, 7-Stud, Limit Omaha HI-LO, OFC, and drastically improved my PLO game (Never overplay, Always draw to the nuts) to the point where it's my main cash game now. I'm not the only one thinking this way, there's lots of new people trying to the learn these games and it creates for some very loose profitable games that I would love to take advantage of consistently, so I've picked up a few books by Ray Zee, re-read most of Super System and have been watching training videos online to help with the learning curve.

No-Limit Texas Holdem will always be the Cadillac of poker and NLHE SNG's will continue to be my bread and butter but the future of the WSOP and maybe POKER as a whole is mixed games. If that is true only time will tell, but till then If anyone would like to add to the discussion and share his or her experience playing or learning the mix games feel free to post them here.

Comments

WeedAndPoker: great post
    Last edited by jacosta24; 08-25-2015 at 05:56 PM.

Thread Information