Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Poker Cheaters series

Load Metric
    Thanks for keeping the public's awareness current on these guys les their shady behaviors be forgotten. This is necessary as there are really no formal mechanisms to punish those who engage in cheating their fellow players. That only leaves public ridicule and peer pressure to keep things in check (but only if their antics rise to a certain level of notoriety; low level cheaters fall below the public radar.) It's too bad too that they seemingly are able to profit from these shenanigans w/o much reprisal. This is why we must not allow them and their activities to be forgotten.

Load Metric
    Read the 1st 3 articles. Solid stuff, and about as concise a history as you are gonna find on these guys without going multi-page.

Only guy I'd enjoy seeing up there is the clown who got expelled from the Partouche Poker Tour, Ali Tekintamgac.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    you talk about justin finding a glitch to enter many accounts into the same tournament.....

well i'm sad to report to you guys for about the 10th time now, that this very same thing is happening on Merge Network in very small field MTTs. ive posted proof on numerous occasions and you guys dont seem to care. on merge you dont even need to find some hack or go through much trouble, you just use different skins or multiple computers.

is this not a big issue to you guys? if not, why?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Read the 1st 3 articles. Solid stuff, and about as concise a history as you are gonna find on these guys without going multi-page.

Only guy I'd enjoy seeing up there is the clown who got expelled from the Partouche Poker Tour, Ali Tekintamgac.
    Thank you Crowe, and thank you Sitting Out.

These have actually been pretty popular posts, so I'm planning on expanding the list, as well as updating them as things occur --big props to Jasep for reminding of a forgotten Mizzi incident which is in the comments. As far as Tekintamgac, I may branch out to live cheats down the road, which would also bring in Men the Master and some other players; we'll have to see.
    I write things about poker at my Poker Blog and elsewhere on the Internets

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This is a great series. Keep it up.
    Don't forget this gem:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    This is a great series. Keep it up.
    Don't forget this gem:

How scary is it that Phil Hellmuth doesn't know how collusion works???? Whipsawing is the most basic form of collusion, and only attemped by complete fools

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post

Don't forget this gem:

How scary is it that Phil Hellmuth doesn't know how collusion works???? Whipsawing is the most basic form of collusion, and only attemped by complete fools
    LOL, whip sawing... it is never profitable because it can only last exactly one hand.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasep View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post

LOL, whip sawing... it is never profitable because it can only last exactly one hand.
    Samoleus once told me he could beat any two players (obviously not high-stakers) who were sharing hole-card information playing NLHE, and it had me thinking about collusion as a whole. After some back and forth we decided that he probably still would beat the two players, but it would effect his win-rate. I think it would be an interesting experiment nonetheless.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    There were a few colluders and chip-dumpers on the Cryptologic network in the mid-2000s.

These players were always terrible, and in fact I always would sit and play with them when I knew they were colluding or chip dumping.

It was hilarious watching them trying to force me off hands and just shooting themselves in the foot. They were too dumb to realize I knew what was going on.

Two good players colluding can make a lot of extra money doing it (especially if they are subtle about it), but most colluders are complete dopes and suck at poker.

An example of two good players colluding was Stoxtrader and his friend Kinetica, who were suspected of collusion but managed to win a lot of money while Stars and Tilt didn't take action. I know that Steve-O is going to cover Stoxtrader in his series, and I look forward to it.

Load Metric
    Part 4 is up: Nick Niergarth AKA gbmantis. This is a continuation of the JJProdigy, and a part most peopled don't know about

Load Metric
    There were a few colluders and chip-dumpers on the Cryptologic network in the mid-2000s.

These players were always terrible, and in fact I always would sit and play with them when I knew they were colluding or chip dumping.

It was hilarious watching them trying to force me off hands and just shooting themselves in the foot. They were too dumb to realize I knew what was going on.

Two good players colluding can make a lot of extra money doing it (especially if they are subtle about it), but most colluders are complete dopes and suck at poker.

An example of two good players colluding was Stoxtrader and his friend Kinetica, who were suspected of collusion but managed to win a lot of money while Stars and Tilt didn't take action. I know that Steve-O is going to cover Stoxtrader in his series, and I look forward to it.

They soft played each other which wasnt against the tos. I bet 90% of live players softplay with someone, and its ok.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Good series, thank-you. Very useful to those of us who weren't involved in internet poker when most of this stuff happened.

Load Metric
    new Entry is up: Russ Hamilton

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyJ View Post

They soft played each other which wasnt against the tos. I bet 90% of live players softplay with someone, and its ok.

Softplaying is/was against the Pokerstars terms of service. It is a form of collusion.

NoahSD and others proved it pretty damn welll with a lot of statistical analysis, but Stars chose to convict Stoxtrader on the lesser offense of multi-accounting, allowing him to cash out but not continue playing on their network.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Good job with the recent articles.

While I knew all of the Russ Hamilton stuff already, I was mostly unfamiliar with the gbmantis story.

After reading it, I have to say that he looks guilty as sin!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    add this as an honorable mention maybe?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/19...ammer-1097739/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by chinamaniac View Post
    add this as an honorable mention maybe?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/19...ammer-1097739/
    Thanks for the link China. I remember when this first happened, had no idea it was still going on! I'll have to look through that thread later on. Woods and Max Ashker look to have potential to make the list

Load Metric
    Gary Neville could be on the list. Not only did the scumbag cheat players directly in front of their faces he also opened up his own thread immediately after asking people to do flips with him, he was also never banned from 2+2.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Lurker! View Post
    Gary Neville could be on the list. Not only did the scumbag cheat players directly in front of their faces he also opened up his own thread immediately after asking people to do flips with him, he was also never banned from 2+2.
    was this live or online?

Due to the interest, I have several people I'll be adding to the original list as well:

Max Ashkar
    Darren Woods
    Jason Ho (the guy who misrepresented himself as a coach at Cardrunners)
    Dutch Boyd (pokerspot)
    Nick Gaskin (the guy who scammed 2+2 for FTP points)
    Doub13gutted/TheAlex (guy rolled people for five-figures at the old neverbeg forums)

Load Metric
    Online Steve. He scammed BBV for 7,500 and then retained MP approval. I am not sure if it qualifies for your list but it is a great read with numerous gems posted. Google "Gary Neville Poker Cheat."

Thread Information