Thread: *** Official Idiotic War on Drugs Thread ***

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Load Metric

*** Official Idiotic War on Drugs Thread ***

Post here news stories about the idiotic "War on Drugs". Why a thread about this here? Because it's a huge fraud that rivals anything seen directly in the poker world. And it is costing most of us a lot even if you never use those drugs or are involved in that trade!!! How so?

(1) It hasn't at all dented the amount of harmful drugs available to purchase in the richer countries.

(2) It has turned drug-producing and smuggling-route countries into pawns of drug-trade-enriched psychopathically violent criminal cartels.

(3) It has fostered the asset forfeiture-fueled corruption of many police departments around the country.

(4) Overzealousness by law enforcement and prosecutors has destroyed many struggling communities with selective enforcement, with the result being those communities being taken over or terrorized by wave after wave of the most violent criminals operating the illegal drug markets there.

(5) Its cost in the U.S. has ballooned to ridiculous levels (tens of billions of $) when including direct and indirect expenditures by the federal government, with no material affect on the dangerous drug trade, despite high profile seizures of drugs, such as the one reported here:

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...810-story.html

And for the record, I don't do any illegal drugs. Heck! I hardly have any alcohol! (I can literally count the servings I've had over the last year on one hand). I just want the madness of this policy to stop. And hopefully the many smart folks on this forum feel think likewise. Or are willing to logically revisited the matter.

Thanks for listening. And look forward to your contributions to this thread.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 08-12-2015 at 11:24 AM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information