Thread: First world problem

Load Metric

First world problem

Haven't run into this situation much but it's obviously a great spot to be in. Wondering what the best way to at it is.

2-5NL $600 behind. Small blind is chip leader, has me covered.

In the BB with 9d-10d.

UTG makes it 20, two more callers, SB calls And I complete.

Flop 10-10-2.

SB leads out for $50. I flat. Folds around.

Turn 6

SB fires $75. I figure me flatting would be sending off fire alarms and he can't bet here unless he has a 10, I've played with him before and he's a decent player. I Flat.

River 10

SB fires $100, I have $455 behind.

Obviously it's a raise. The way I played it any raise is going to turn my hand over. Do you raise $150 and hope for the "value call" or do you jam and give the impression of a bluff?

Comments

snowtracks: Shove... pay the man his money

GrenadaRoger: it is a cash game, value bet: more than $100 click raise, i'd probably go 175, half my stack after putting in his 100 bet

Load Metric
    You tank, hollywood, and shove.

Getting called by all pocket pairs above and below and are crushing all of the 2x 6x hands etc.

Hopefully you did, and well played.

Load Metric
    No other comments huh?

I semi tanked and raised to $250, but I definitely shit my pants. If he even bothered to look at me he would have known I had the goods.

He called though and tabled J-J. Said if I shoved he folds but for the $150 I priced it right.

Comments

snowtracks: what ever ..he lied to you.. he would of called anything

Platinum
    Load Metric
    take this with a grain of salt since I play almost all plo8...

but I think since you've played with this guy before, what is going to look the most fishy to him...would the shove or would the mini raise? I did read what he had, but in his shoes your hand makes zero sense since i'm going to guess you are going to have AA-KK there much less than 1% of the time and are highly unlikely to have QQ so a raise is going to look like you turning 66-99 into a bluff...

but what the fuck do I know...this two card shit is too complicated...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I hate saying "it depends" but it really depends on the villain.

If he's a calling station, ship the bread in. I had a similar situation in a $1/$2 home game in Boston against one of the bigger station in the game. I get 66 OTB with $600 behind, call raise of $10. Flop 644. 3 players, including me, call a bet of $25. Turn 3. Checked to me, I bet $45, the calling station (with $250 behind), calls. River 6. He checks, I "quick ship" to make it look bluffy, and he quickly calls and mucks #shipthebread

If he's a thinking player, or a really tight player, then a "click raise" from $100-$150 will do the trick. You aren't getting value shove calls if the guy has a 6, a deuce, or pairs 33-99 here against this type of player. Also his comment, "He called though and tabled J-J. Said if I shoved he folds but for the $150 I priced it right." also shows that this type of player can find reasons to fold JJ+

I also recommend the "click raise" vs really aggro players, as it gives them an opportunity to "click 4 bet" back at you. Versus this player, you can get all the chips in with their bluffs as well as hands they think they are shoving for value.

This also highlights the difference b/t live and online. Online, I always ship this here...no matter who the villain is.
    Last edited by Shizzmoney; 08-14-2015 at 06:58 AM.

Thread Information