Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This forum is dying a slow and painful death.

Load Metric
    There is no amendment to the constitution that gives anyone the right to infect me with forum aids.

In fact, I think the 2008 landmark Supreme Court case of NWP v OnTheReal is pretty clear in stating that I have the right and even the obligation to defend myself against those that try to infect me with forum aids.

I'm sorry, but the law if very clear on this point.

Comments

big dick: Law rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shitty Dupe View Post
    Whether agreed with or not, the fact he has been around so long and still plays poker makes me have no problem with his this site and radio show.

Some major major issues with this site,
    'I have no issues with this place. Here are my issues with this place.' GTFO. If you aren't a participant, and you claim you aren't, then nobody gives a fuck what you think. Either join in, or pour yourself a nice big glass of Lemon-scented Clorox and enjoy the burn.

If this dupe ain't garrett, someone tried pretty hard to make it look like it was. If the first part is true, then par for his shitty course. If the 2nd is true, well, pretty pathetic, IMO.

Load Metric
    why is it that without exception, every account championing the whole "im new here and this site isnt for you old timers" line is hugely boring shitposter?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Poker is faggot
    Last edited by gauchojake; 08-15-2015 at 02:31 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    why is it that without exception, every account championing the whole "im new here and this site isnt for you old timers" line is hugely boring shitposter?
    Sadly there seems to be some sort of animosity with the newer posters towards OS posters when they mention "the good ol' days" of DD and NWP. Frankly put, your balls are showing! Get over the fact that you weren't around. Trust us when we tell you, the forums were MUCH more entertaining and better back then. No offense to anyone that has signed up since those days have ended, but it was basically the golden era of these forums, so forgive some of us for reminiscing. I guess some of you get pissed when people say how much better music, movies and TV were back in the day too.

This made me think... What is the ratio of good to bad posters that have come along since PFA started? It's funny cause even back in 2008/2009 everyone on NWP was bitching about how horrible the new class of posters was. Compare then to what's come along since and it probably makes those days look like we had an all star bunch.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Sadly there seems to be some sort of animosity with the newer posters towards OS posters when they mention "the good ol' days" of DD and NWP. Frankly put, your balls are showing! Get over the fact that you weren't around. Trust us when we tell you, the forums were MUCH more entertaining and better back then. No offense to anyone that has signed up since those days have ended, but it was basically the golden era of these forums, so forgive some of us for reminiscing. I guess some of you get pissed when people say how much better music, movies and TV were back in the day too.

This made me think... What is the ratio of good to bad posters that have come along since PFA started? It's funny cause even back in 2008/2009 everyone on NWP was bitching about how horrible the new class of posters was. Compare then to what's come along since and it probably makes those days look like we had an all star bunch.
    There were actually derisive comments about the "Class of 07" at the time, yet many of those same people would be welcomed here with open arms as legends today.

So maybe the terrible posters here will be admired in 2023.

Actually I haven't been able to decide at what point I would remove the forum if it became pathetically dead. I don't just mean slow, but I mean dead to where there is no active conversation occurring (kinda like current Boris and DD).

I probably would kill it at that point. The radio show might outlast the forum, as that has sat consistently at about 1000 listeners per week, while the forum has slowly lost activity.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

There were actually derisive comments about the "Class of 07" at the time, yet many of those same people would be welcomed here with open arms as legends today.

Actually I haven't been able to decide at what point I would remove the forum if it became pathetically dead. I don't just mean slow, but I mean dead to where there is no active conversation occurring (kinda like current Boris and DD).

I probably would kill it at that point. The radio show might outlast the forum, as that has sat consistently at about 1000 listeners per week, while the forum has slowly lost activity.
    I personally appreciate that you keep it going. Just to be able to read a Phantom or Wiz post on a weekly basis alone is a major plus for me. If this community is ever shut down I for one will definitely miss it.

FTR, all my Amazon purchases will go through here in the future. I was a dumb ass who had Adblock on and never saw the link.

Comments

Dan Druff: thanks

Load Metric

If youre going to do the radio show, do the forums. If you stop doing radio, you might as well kill the forum or at least moderate it like its a community instead of a marketing tool (not a slight btw).

Its pretty obvious poker in the states is brain dead on life support but there is just enough salacious bullshit going on (HOLLAR SWC) to totally justify keeping your passion project alive.

I do wish you would set SOME bar for shitposting and at least start short bussing the incomprehensibly horrible cunts who sank here after getting chased off QJ / 4.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

If youre going to do the radio show, do the forums. If you stop doing radio, you might as well kill the forum or at least moderate it like its a community instead of a marketing tool (not a slight btw).

Its pretty obvious poker in the states is brain dead on life support but there is just enough salacious bullshit going on (HOLLAR SWC) to totally justify keeping your passion project alive.

I do wish you would set SOME bar for shitposting and at least start short bussing the incomprehensibly horrible cunts who sank here after getting chased off QJ / 4.
    Zero chance Druff kills either one any time soon. The guy was gone so long he probably didn't know whether to shit or go blind.

Load Metric
    Class of 2007 for life.

Rip Mrobot

Load Metric
    lol soo deep in some of your heads

Just because you all collectively project some image that you apparently aren't able to also, consequently perceive. That does not surprise me that you all think what it is that you do, actually is some reality.

Tony may actually have hit nail on head somewhere along way.

Load Metric
    this thread is crazy what exactly happened here and I dont know who the this is.

Comments

vegas1369: Meth is a hell of a drug

Muck Ficon: shut up garrett

Load Metric
    sug

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The forum will always have the combination of some really good folks, decent/okay people, and then the rest which fall into:

Name:  11888034_10155901404110162_1718492020271936953_n.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  13.4 KB

Comments

MumblesBadly: Truth speaker rep

I've been laying low on the forum, but I disagree that it is dying. was made years ago by veteran user 'cth', and I believe it sums up what makes this forum special for all users

Comments

vegas1369: spot on

Load Metric

It's slow because it's summer, people go outside. Well, most people.

Thread Information