Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: What's the deal with these workout masks?

  1. #1
    Diamond vegas1369's Avatar
    Reputation
    1439
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,185
    Load Metric
    33431116

    What's the deal with these workout masks?

    Have any of you been seeing these things popping up more often?





    http://www.trainingmask.com/the-science/

    Ok... I mean, I get what they are for. Mimicking a higher elevation to some degree, harder to breath, improves the strength of your lungs when you're doing some sort of cardio... But, I'm seeing people wearing these things like they're a fashion statement. Examples: saw one dude walking around the mall the other day, just shopping... another driving in his truck. SITTING ON HIS ASS DRIVING! WTF? It's retarded enough when you're wearing these things to lift, but now people are wearing them just to wear them. Fucking retarded.

     
    Comments
      
      Sanlmar: OP rep

  2. #2
    Welcher jsearles22's Avatar
    Reputation
    558
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,690
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Have any of you been seeing these things popping up more often?





    http://www.trainingmask.com/the-science/

    Ok... I mean, I get what they are for. Mimicking a higher elevation to some degree, harder to breath, improves the strength of your lungs when you're doing some sort of cardio... But, I'm seeing people wearing these things like they're a fashion statement. Examples: saw one dude walking around the mall the other day, just shopping... another driving in his truck. SITTING ON HIS ASS DRIVING! WTF? It's retarded enough when you're wearing these things to lift, but now people are wearing them just to wear them. Fucking retarded.

    $80 to look like Bane from the last Batman while I work out? Fuck thats worth it alone
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

  3. #3
    Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Reputation
    896
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Halifax
    Posts
    5,837
    Load Metric
    33431116
    I think there is a difference between a training mask, and the one people with environmental sensitivities wear around.

    Training masks have been around for a bit in MMA, tho not heavily used/promoted. I wanna say Kyle Noke was the first I had seen employ one.

  4. #4
    Platinum Krypt's Avatar
    Reputation
    663
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    4,180
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Why the fuck is the white one an extra 10?


  5. #5
    Diamond vegas1369's Avatar
    Reputation
    1439
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,185
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    $80 to look like Bane from the last Batman while I work out? Fuck thats worth it alone
    Seems like a good opportunity to post some BaneCat.



    Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Chaps View Post
    I think there is a difference between a training mask, and the one people with environmental sensitivities wear around.

    Training masks have been around for a bit in MMA, tho not heavily used/promoted. I wanna say Kyle Noke was the first I had seen employ one.
    Trust me when I tell you, I am seeing dudes wearing this exact mask in their everyday travels. Granted, aside from Brazil, Vegas is somewhat of an MMA haven. There is a very good chance some of these guys who are wearing these are involved in MMA to some degree, or fans, but still, it's retarded.

  6. #6
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3766
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18,929
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    There is a very good chance some of these guys who are wearing these are involved in MMA to some degree, or fans, but still, it's retarded.
    This thing doesn't cover the ears. Just look.

    Is asphyxiation a new trend?

  7. #7
    Gold Shizzmoney's Avatar
    Reputation
    457
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,450
    Blog Entries
    1
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Name:  51453abf41dec-bas-rutten-o-2-trainer-5.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  40.0 KB

    Name:  ufc171_openworkouts_017.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  100.7 KB

     
    Comments
      
      Crowe Diddly: was just gonna post Diego rep

  8. #8
    Plutonium Sanlmar's Avatar
    Reputation
    3766
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    18,929
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Did you issue the code red?

    Lactic Acidosis

  9. #9
    Diamond vegas1369's Avatar
    Reputation
    1439
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,185
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Gonna be great when people start wearing these too...



    http://www.trainingmask.com/products...ning-Mask.html

    The work out and get your gimp on, all in one day mask.

    If I see someone wearing one of these while using the shake weight it will be a great day.

  10. #10
    Platinum Jayjami's Avatar
    Reputation
    736
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    South Lake Tahoe, CA
    Posts
    2,518
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Gonna be great when people start wearing these too...
    Name:  $(KGrHqF,!qcFJkru7d)bBSZg6-y2mQ~~60_35.JPG
Views: 1324
Size:  12.9 KBa

  11. #11
    Platinum herbertstemple's Avatar
    Reputation
    270
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,139
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Gonna be great when people start wearing these too...
    Name:  $(KGrHqF,!qcFJkru7d)bBSZg6-y2mQ~~60_35.JPG
Views: 1324
Size:  12.9 KBa
    Its no worse than these idiots.


    Name:  cheese.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  11.9 KB

  12. #12
    Platinum thesparten's Avatar
    Reputation
    -12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    3,590
    Blog Entries
    1
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Have any of you been seeing these things popping up more often?





    http://www.trainingmask.com/the-science/

    Ok... I mean, I get what they are for. Mimicking a higher elevation to some degree, harder to breath, improves the strength of your lungs when you're doing some sort of cardio... But, I'm seeing people wearing these things like they're a fashion statement. Examples: saw one dude walking around the mall the other day, just shopping... another driving in his truck. SITTING ON HIS ASS DRIVING! WTF? It's retarded enough when you're wearing these things to lift, but now people are wearing them just to wear them. Fucking retarded.
    Do u have spyware... That's what "big dick" looks. Ike when I'm poundind him from behind.

    His wife is on the side jerking off and waiting her turn.

  13. #13
    Diamond Hockey Guy's Avatar
    Reputation
    1229
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,629
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post
    Do u have spyware... That's what "big dick" looks. Ike when I'm poundind him from behind.

    His wife is on the side jerking off and waiting her turn.
    So............you fuck dudes?????

    Sounds kinda gay to me.

     
    Comments
      
      thesparten: the guving end is actually considers very masculine.. but actually his wife pays me to smack her around
    (_) ..
    ∫\ \___( _)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

  14. #14
    100% Organic MumblesBadly's Avatar
    Reputation
    95
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    In the many threads of this forum
    Posts
    9,309
    Load Metric
    33431116
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertstemple View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Name:  $(KGrHqF,!qcFJkru7d)bBSZg6-y2mQ~~60_35.JPG
Views: 1324
Size:  12.9 KBa
    Its no worse than these idiots.


    Name:  cheese.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  11.9 KB
    Don't you mean these idiots? Because actual Vikings didn't have horns on their helmets.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    _____________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How should I deal with this neighbor?
    By cmoney in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-29-2014, 09:18 AM
  2. NHL in Vegas done deal?
    By simpdog in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 09:19 AM
  3. Full tilt a done deal?
    By Salty_Aus in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2012, 09:01 AM
  4. What's the Deal with Johnny Chan?
    By Sloppy Joe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-20-2012, 03:47 PM