Thread: Restaurants off the beaten path that you've found that are the shit thread

Load Metric

Restaurants off the beaten path that you've found that are the shit thread

Driving up from San Fran up to N Cal a friend of mine and I decided to make a pit stop in San Rafael. We checked out a local store and while there asked the extremely hot Asian girl running the place (I mean EXTREMELY hot) what the best place in town for lunch was. She suggested this place... https://www.solfoodrestaurant.com/ Holy shit what a find. Finding a good Puerto Rican restaurant on the east coast is tough enough, finding one out west is nearly impossible. Turns out this place is very well known in the region, but to us non locals it was a ridiculous place to stumble upon. Amazing food, amazing drinks, highly recommend if you're ever traveling up Rt 101 or near San Rafael.

Another place I stumbled upon recently was in my town called The Great Greek... http://thegreatgreekgrill.com/ Fucking ridiculous. One of those places where you order at the counter semi fast food style, and they bring the food to you at your table (same with the above mentioned restaurant BTW). That's where the fast food scenario ends and the greatness begins. First off, they have 3 thick Bulgarian girls with attitudes that are running the show. That alone is awesome, but then the food and the presentation are off the charts. First time I went there I had lamb chops and I'm telling you, it was 4-5 star presentation and amazing. I would have had no problem paying $50+ for the dish, and I think it was something like $13.95 (it was a special not on the menu). I've been back at least 5 times since, as this was only a couple months ago and each time it has been stellar. Highly recommend.

Another place I stumbled upon years back in Henderson is an Italian restaurant called Ventano's... http://www.ventanoitalian.com/ Somehow this place is still not very well known, even though it's been around for years. I tell locals about it a lot and the majority of the time they've never even heard of it. Always top notch, always great service, amazing non menu specials, and one of the best off strip views in the city (I took MWH and his wife there some years back). Great place for a date if you don't mind driving 20 minutes off the strip. In months like October, when it's perfect at night to sit outside, sitting on the deck while overlooking the city is a must. Check it out.

Last place for this post, also in Vegas... Yojie http://www.yojie.com/home Ever had Shabu Shabu with Wagyu? H-O-L-Y F-U-C-K B-A-L-L-S!!!! This place is amazing. You can go there and drop $400, or $60 and still have a great experience. This place is new and will blow up. You know you've hit a good Asian place when you're NOT in China Town, yet still the place is filled with Asians. You want something different and incredibly good, take the 20 minute drive up Sahara off the strip and check this place out.

Comments

Suicide King: Sol food is god

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post

Name:  shake.gif
Views: 423
Size:  956.5 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Boston:

Tacos, Tequila, TexMex:

Lone Star Taco Bar

Steak:

Mooo

Seafood:

Island Creek Oyster Bar

Also in Boston: almost every Indian place is good, and almost every Chinese food place is bad.

Load Metric
    Sol food is one of the most popular restaurant in the bay. Fucking fabulous.

Comments

vegas1369: This man knows

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizzmoney View Post
    Boston:

Tacos, Tequila, TexMex:

Lone Star Taco Bar

Steak:

Mooo

Seafood:

Island Creek Oyster Bar

Also in Boston: almost every Indian place is good, and almost every Chinese food place is bad.
    None of the places you listed are off the beaten path at all

Load Metric
    I live 5 mins from Sol Food, it's really good food, but extremely overpriced.

Comments

Suicide King: Bay rep

Load Metric
    There's a place up in the Napa area called the Boon Fly Cafe that has the best breakfast ever. Off the beaten path although not exactly a hidden spot.

Load Metric
    The Beer Hunter Palm Desert
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper_Fair View Post
    I live 5 mins from Sol Food, it's really good food, but extremely overpriced.
    You playing thunder valley this weekend?

Comments

Flipper_Fair: no, gl if u do. i live in san anselmo if you are ever around

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    Nah man you gotta go to Bubs if you are in Indy. Don't get me wrong S&S is good but Bubs is way better.

http://www.bubsburgersandicecream.com/

Load Metric
    I've been going to ventano Vegas since aught 6.4th of July it's decidedly average and I love the view and I love the decent pour cocktails but it's. Not great food

Load Metric
    But luckily it's like 10 minutes from gvr so you get that of Chang's happy hour and then roll to settebello

Load Metric
    And I was in on lamb chops but ventano is forgettable

Load Metric
    Also in secret new shit valentinas in Northfield nj is goat Luke palladinos is not really a secret and carluccios also is ridiculous and zero corkage

Comments

Corrigan: your mom has zero corkage

Load Metric
    Truck stop restaurants usually don't have stellar fare, but the Country Pride at the T/A in West Gallup, New Mexico has an awesome house special: The Gallup Taco! (And Druff would love the price!)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

LegalizeMeth: that shit looks like it came from a truck stop

Corrigan: what's a gagortion

vegas1369: Tried but failed

Brittney Griner's Clit: These fags have never had tacos on fry bread.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    I've been going to ventano Vegas since aught 6.4th of July it's decidedly average and I love the view and I love the decent pour cocktails but it's. Not great food
    IMO very solid. It ain't 5 star, but a definite solid 3 and a lot of times a 4. They have some very good off the menu specials most nights as well.

Funny thing is I was pretty certain you would read this thread and most likely say something about at least 1 of the restaurants on the list. You are definitely a food elitist.

Thread Information