Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rowdy Rhonda Rousey is Not Dead

Load Metric

Rowdy Rhonda Rousey is Not Dead

There will be no "Instagram Fight" at UFC 190 -- because Ronda Rousey says she doesn't wanna beat Bethe Correia in 14 seconds ... she wants to take her time and DEMOLISH THE CHICK!!!

Ronda just joined the guys on "TMZ Hollywood Sports" and told us she REALLY hates Bethe (whose name is pronounced 'Betch' apparently) ... and has a plan to make her suffer in Brazil on Saturday.
    "If I beat you quickly, that's me at my nicest and most merciful," Rousey says ... "That means you get to go home unscathed with a paycheck."
    "If I make the fight last longer, that means I don't like you and I want you to go home looking different than the way you walked in ... and I don't like this chick."
    This is gonna be awesome!!!!!
    Check out "TMZ Hollywood Sports" weekdays at 10 PM PT on Reelz.

Comments

jsearles22: Nice vid

Silver
    Load Metric

Comments

jsearles22: Better video

Gold
    Load Metric
    The odds on her are nuts, is there any way she loses tonight

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookygook View Post

-1700 Is crazy. I could never lay that much on a bet that's out of my control. If I win, I get a $100 "cool", but if I lost Id be furious.

The O/U is 1:30 U: -325 O: +250

She said the following to TMZ:
    "If I beat you quickly, that's me at my nicest and most merciful," Rousey says ... "That means you get to go home unscathed with a paycheck."
    "If I make the fight last longer, that means I don't like you and I want you to go home looking different than the way you walked in ... and I don't like this chick."

Maybe placing $50 on the over wouldn't be terrible. IDK.... Wish they had a -110 O/U market on something like 41 seconds.

Load Metric
    throws the fight to make a major windfall and the amazing return to glory?

Load Metric
    Short of a stroke or heart attack, no. Bethe has almost no power, no footwork to speak of, and can't grapple worth a shit. Took Jessamyn Duke to a decision(!), put away an immobile, shot-as-fuck Baysler in 2 rounds. She doesn't have a height, weight, reach, or speed advantage here. If you look at the UFC's lolrankings for the women's bantamweights, Bethe hasn't fought a single person in the current top 15.

Tonite truly is the most lopsided UFC championship fight ever, I would think. Can't imagine otherwise.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    Short of a stroke or heart attack, no. Bethe has almost no power, no footwork to speak of, and can't grapple worth a shit. Took Jessamyn Duke to a decision(!), put away an immobile, shot-as-fuck Baysler in 2 rounds. She doesn't have a height, weight, reach, or speed advantage here. If you look at the UFC's lolrankings for the women's bantamweights, Bethe hasn't fought a single person in the current top 15.

Tonite truly is the most lopsided UFC championship fight ever, I would think. Can't imagine otherwise.
    I agree it's lopsided, but laying 17:1 against an undefeated fighter is scary enough. But Bethe hasn't fought in a year, she's bound to be rusty. The only way she wins is if Rousey doesn't control her anger, leaves a tiny gap open, and Bethe catches her
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post

I agree it's lopsided, but laying 17:1 against an undefeated fighter is scary enough. But Bethe hasn't fought in a year, she's bound to be rusty. The only way she wins is if Rousey doesn't control her anger, leaves a tiny gap open, and Bethe catches her
    Someone count up how many actual minutes Rousey has fought in the past 2 years, it's probably less than 20 minutes in the ring, total.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Bethe has almost no power, no footwork to speak of, and can't grapple worth a shit. Took Jessamyn Duke to a decision(!), put away an immobile, shot-as-fuck Baysler in 2 rounds. She doesn't have a height, weight, reach, or speed advantage here. If you look at the UFC's lolrankings for the women's bantamweights, Bethe hasn't fought a single person in the current top 15.
    Why the hell is she getting a title shot then?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Bethe has almost no power, no footwork to speak of, and can't grapple worth a shit. Took Jessamyn Duke to a decision(!), put away an immobile, shot-as-fuck Baysler in 2 rounds. She doesn't have a height, weight, reach, or speed advantage here. If you look at the UFC's lolrankings for the women's bantamweights, Bethe hasn't fought a single person in the current top 15.
    Because the champ has to fight, and she already crushed all the legit girls. Bethe was smart enough to beat 2 of Ronda's friends and called her out all the while. She had a storyline, a promotional angle, and none of the other chicks in the division were smart enough to do the same. Plus she's from Brazil and Ronda wanted to fight in Brazil, which helps.

Wallid Ismail deserves all the credit, IMO. He came up with the gimmick where Bethe would put up her 4 fingers to symbolize Ronda and her crew, and then remove one finger after each win against Jessamyn and Shayna. That right there is what got people talking, and what got Bethe the fight.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

Primarily because the fans are dumb enough to pay for this BS.

Load Metric
    i put small action on Bethe at +800. no one should really be +800 in this sport but ronda's being all cute about making Bethe suffer and all it takes is one shot to the button to change shit up.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    make no mistake, bethe is going to get stripped and pistol whipped but womens mma is so hilariously bad that sooner or later, rhonda's going to get sloppy and bored and that will be that.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    The only way she wins is if Rousey doesn't control her anger, leaves a tiny gap open, and Bethe catches her
    That's not even gonna be nearly enough, unless she's got a few rolls of quarters in her hands when she hits her, and also Ronda would need to be handcuffed to the cage, with her legs cut off and severely hemorrhaging blood so she was weak and couldn't think straight.

Bethe has 7 decisions in 9 fights. She wasn't even KOing the cans down in Brazil when she was coming up. Bethe is undefeated because she hasn't really fought anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i put small action on Bethe at +800. no one should really be +800 in this sport but ronda's being all cute about making Bethe suffer and all it takes is one shot to the button to change shit up.
    5dimes at +1100 if you are shopping.

Load Metric
    That's not even gonna be nearly enough, unless she's got a few rolls of quarters in her hands when she hits her, and also Ronda would need to be handcuffed to the cage, with her legs cut off and severely hemorrhaging blood so she was weak and couldn't think straight.

Bethe has 7 decisions in 9 fights. She wasn't even KOing the cans down in Brazil when she was coming up. Bethe is undefeated because she hasn't really fought anyone.

Nice... are they US friendly tho for deposits/withdrawls?

Load Metric

Nice... are they US friendly tho for deposits/withdrawls?
    They always were, and I think they're still good, but no personal experience in the past few months.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My plays:

Rafael Cavalcante +135
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira +140 (Yes he's old but this is prob one of his last fights in Brazil and Struve is meh)
    Vitor Miranda +145

Parlay @ +1400:
    Rafael Cavalcante
    Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
    Vitor Miranda
    Ronda Rousey

Ronda is going to beat the living fuck out of this girl tonight; I'm really tempted to bet 1400 to win 100 (the line has gone DOWN on Bovada from -1500 to -1400 lol). Rousey to win inside distance is at -1300, which is probably a better play if you are taking that (b/c this ain't going to decision lol). The only woman in the world who I think has a chance is Cyborg, and she can't get down to 135 unless Julianna Pena finds a way to take steroids around the new USADA rules these girls are fucked.

Load Metric
    i think struve has this in a major, major way. im rooting for you regardless but wince.

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Anyone have a good reliable stream?

Comments

shortbuspoker: this shit gets asked every fucking ppv -1
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Thread Information