Thread: Up Druffs alley

Load Metric

Up Druffs alley

So I'm driving to work under a bridge they are doing construction on. All this cement type shit plops down on the left side of my car. Covering front of car, windshield obstructing my view, on the top and all along left side of car. I turned around and went back where 2 slackers were sitting in company car. I said wtf, you can't drop that shit on someone's car. They gave me project managers card and I called to leave a message. They said yea we saw that. I took pics. So I get off work and this cements stuff is under headlight , in every groove in car and can't get it out even with power washer. This is a new car paid 38 k for it. What's my move? Seriously car is jacked up with this stuff. Project manager has not called me back.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    tits or gtfo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Always call cops and have the document..

There probably just going to blow you off as long as possible.

The more time passes it makes it that easier on them a more difficult for you.. It's a stall tactic. It's actually quite effective believe it or not..

Small claims court so you don't have to go through your insurance..

Worse case you will have to go through insurance..

You could have a lawyer right a nice letter to them on his letter head for about 125$. That actually works too.

Load Metric
    call your auto insurance company
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Your life is obv a shambles since this happened. You can't eat, you can't sleep. Every time you close your eyes, there is this evil wad of concrete coming at you. Going to take about $10 mil to make you whole again.

This is the sound of opportunity knocking. Congrats.

Comments

YUUP: The American way

Load Metric
    If the project manager doesn't reach out to you, go back to the job site and speak with the supv. he should be able to give you their insurance company's liability information so you can contact them. if that fails, get the name of the company, which is likely on the card you were given, and go see an attorney. it will be a small claim but at least in my state there are penalties for unnecessarily being forced into litigation. The attorney can handle it from there. You need to find someone who will do this for the assessed fee if available in your state. He/she will know. if you don't want to go that route, then you can simply file with your insurer if you have comprehensive coverage which you should given the value of your car. They will fix it or pay it off less the deductible /diminished value. Its a pain, but look at how you have been treated and what options you have; its why we have so many lawyers in this country; no one acts responsibly any longer.

Load Metric
    Called project manager again today from a different number and he answered. Got number for lady at office who handles claims. Went to car dealer to see what's involved with making car like it was before this incident. They tried to get as much off but will need complete detail and scratch fixes to get concrete out of cracks and crevices. Sent pics to lady at office to show extent of dump on my car. I did call cops after that happened he was fucking useless and I told him so. Called dept of transportation after that dickhead who really helped me in what I had to do. I'm not looking for anything more than to have it as it was. Was lucky I didn't get into accident cuz it covered driver side windshield going 40 mph. So hopefully will be good ending.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Called project manager again today from a different number and he answered. Got number for lady at office who handles claims. Went to car dealer to see what's involved with making car like it was before this incident. They tried to get as much off but will need complete detail and scratch fixes to get concrete out of cracks and crevices. Sent pics to lady at office to show extent of dump on my car. I did call cops after that happened he was fucking useless and I told him so. Called dept of transportation after that dickhead who really helped me in what I had to do. I'm not looking for anything more than to have it as it was. Was lucky I didn't get into accident cuz it covered driver side windshield going 40 mph. So hopefully will be good ending.
    if you get even remotely fucked here by either your insurance company, or this so called 'project manager' who can't seem to be bothered to take your calls...

then I'd strongly urge you to post as many phone numbers and contact names etc involved as possible

then create a new 'Call to Action' thread here, and on Facebook etc...as many venues as you can

then let the internet stick their collective dicks up some ass...nice and proper

Comments

vegas1369: Proper fucked rep

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So I'm driving to work under a bridge they are doing construction on. All this cement type shit plops down on the left side of my car. Covering front of car, windshield obstructing my view, on the top and all along left side of car. I turned around and went back where 2 slackers were sitting in company car. I said wtf, you can't drop that shit on someone's car. They gave me project managers card and I called to leave a message. They said yea we saw that. I took pics. So I get off work and this cements stuff is under headlight , in every groove in car and can't get it out even with power washer. This is a new car paid 38 k for it. What's my move? Seriously car is jacked up with this stuff. Project manager has not called me back.
    Keep calling. If necessary, call the city or county which is paying for this construction work, and lean on them.

Do not expect to get returned phone calls through "messages", especially in a situation like this which is unpleasant for the project manager to have to deal with.

Do not take it upon yourself to attempt to clean/fix this. Get them to pay (most likely the construction company or their insurance) and then take it to a body shop.

You might recall six years ago that my car was damaged at the Rio when idiot construction workers left their shit unsecured, and a thunderstorm blew it into my car. Laughably, there was a rope to tie it all down sitting next to the stuff, and they didn't bother to tie any of it!

At first they balked about paying for my repairs ("It was an act of God"), but they quickly backed down, referred it to their insurance, and they cut me a check for like $700.

Similar situation here.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Keep calling. If necessary, call the city or county which is paying for this construction work, and lean on them.

Do not expect to get returned phone calls through "messages", especially in a situation like this which is unpleasant for the project manager to have to deal with.

Do not take it upon yourself to attempt to clean/fix this. Get them to pay (most likely the construction company or their insurance) and then take it to a body shop.

You might recall six years ago that my car was damaged at the Rio when idiot construction workers left their shit unsecured, and a thunderstorm blew it into my car. Laughably, there was a rope to tie it all down sitting next to the stuff, and they didn't bother to tie any of it!

At first they balked about paying for my repairs ("It was an act of God"), but they quickly backed down, referred it to their insurance, and they cut me a check for like $700.

Similar situation here.

that's some very good advice Todd

if I may...

Load Metric
    Got a check for the 172.50 the detail work cost.

Comments

garrett: If that covers it well played

Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    If you're getting no where fast with dipshit low level employees, have this guy send a letter/letters and rest easy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Just saw this post and no, not good enough.

"Your Honor ;
    I have recurring nightmares about driving to the Salvation Army as a volunteer
    when a load of concrete (ill handled by a negligent crew) reigns down from above
    leaving me a colostomy bag paraplegic who now fears all form of transportation...........
    not to mention destroying that new car smell."

witness breaks down crying and needs help leaving the stand

Thread Information