Thread: Guy who received fake "Microsoft" scam call turns the tables on the scammer, but is the whole thing fake?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Guy who received fake "Microsoft" scam call turns the tables on the scammer, but is the whole thing fake?

Watch the above and tell me if you believe this actually happened, or if the "hero" simply made all of this up for attention.

Don't click the spoiler until you've watched and formed your own opinion.

I think it's fake. Pretty well done, but I don't believe it.

The part that really got me was the "it couldn't handle your penis because it was too big" line, supposedly written by the Indian scammer.

This was too perfect -- like straight out of a sitcom perfect. There's no way a guy in this scammer's predicament would have phrased it that way.

I also had some technical issues with things that "Jose" claimed he managed to do (and couldn't do), but I won't even bother getting into that.

Also, why show the scammer's picture but block out his email and IP? Who is he trying to protect?

It's also really convenient how he was able to get screen shots off the scammer's computer, but didn't keylog him to get his Paypal or his Facebook -- you know, because doing that would be a crime, and this guy doesn't want to be admitting to a crime on YouTube, even if the whole story is fake. So conveniently, he only snapped a screen shot of the guy's desktop and was bluffing the rest.

Load Metric
    could have put this in the MS scam thread.

Load Metric
    really, really, realllllly fake.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    cute, but fake.

and honestly the biggest red flag for me is that this guy walks talks and quacks like a wanna be viral sensation.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    cute, but fake.

and honestly the biggest red flag for me is that this guy walks talks and quacks like a wanna be viral sensation.
    Agree. I was going to mention that, too.

Looked like he was trying way too hard to go viral with this, complete with rehearsed Indian accent and carefully edited/cut video which was meant to look casual.

Banned
    Load Metric
    It does seem convenient that the apology video is gone. I would have saved it immediately.

Load Metric
    you know what else is making me super fucking suspicious?

the comments. a lot of them are written in parents-speak, eg designed to play across a broad pan-generational audience.

that may seem like a weird criteria to key in on but i spent a fair amount of time digging into artificial social media campaigns (russian and chinese specifically) and stuff like that is a total tell.

NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Fake ass 10 minute nob joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"
    #FREEJACK #NEVERFORGET

NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

Load Metric
    you know what else is making me super fucking suspicious?

the comments. a lot of them are written in parents-speak, eg designed to play across a broad pan-generational audience.

that may seem like a weird criteria to key in on but i spent a fair amount of time digging into artificial social media campaigns (russian and chinese specifically) and stuff like that is a total tell.

I will create 25 profiles and post comments and reviews to your youtube video for like $100.

Load Metric
    the asians have you pipped by like 2 decimal points

Load Metric
    the asians have you pipped by like 2 decimal points
    First world problems.

Load Metric
    Faker than Krypt's US passport.

Thread Information