DISCLAIMER: This is an UNCONFIRMED REPORT, but I've received it from two separate parties. I have also seen further cryptic discussion about the matter on Facebook, from again unrelated parties. There is likely at least something to this....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source #1:
A bunch of Aria Tournament people got let go for theft. I think two tournament directors, maybe more.

The rumor is that when they paid people for cashing in tournaments, they did it in a room with no witnesses. Tokes were never recorded, and they pocketed or skimmed from the cash tips.

Source #2 (unrelated to source #1):
The Aria poker tournament director was fired a week or so ago under suspicion of theft.

Many of the dealers from the WPT 500 have not received their envelopes for almost a month

Rumor is that there was skimming involved.

The investigation turn into a ratfest, with people trying to save their own skin or take some down with them.

The tournament director was a high limit player from the Bellagio that had no experience...but was friends with the head of the poker room. Somehow he has been let go but the guy in charge that hired him and was probably in cahoots with him on the skim remains unscathed.

We attempted to call the Aria and ask them about this during tonight's radio show. They were very evasive and wouldn't answer anything, but it was clear that SOMETHING had gone on, and they were afraid to talk about it.

Developing...