Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: MN Dentist Kills Cecil the Lion in Big Game Hunt - He's Fucked

Load Metric

MN Dentist Kills Cecil the Lion in Big Game Hunt - He's Fucked

Long story short, this guy likes to trophy hunt and pay ridic amounts of money to kill rare and endangered animals. Goes on an illegal hunt during nighttime with a couple of poachers, kills this "famous" lion without realizing it, and now social media is destroying his website, yelp page, Facebook page, etc. Thousands upon thousands of these fuckers are commenting like crazy wishing him death and financial ruin.

Life as he knew it, is most likely gone forever.

What a dumbass.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthi...ed#.ly2Y84Jkx0

Name:  enhanced-11186-1438095663-6.png
Views: 1762
Size:  920.9 KB

Load Metric
    A lot of people are giving this guy shit but reality is it could have easily been Martin Carrico.

http://www.wellness.com/dir/1486948/...arrico--coomer

Comments

The_Standard: hofnigs

Load Metric
    I hope someone kills him

Comments

JMM: This.

Load Metric
    Martin has his hands full as it is.

http://gawker.com/fbi-investigating-...-sh-1720529380

Comments

rum dick: story checks out
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Only thing I ever enjoyed hunting was unsavoury looking fat snatch around kicking out time.

But the thought of any other form of wildlife hunting has never appealed to me at all... Just like the rest of the current civilized human race, I'm of the belief that meat grows on trees and no animal has to die for me to enjoy a steak dinner (only ever knowing city life allows us that privilege)

So first reading that story genuinely made my blood boil.

I mean I'd of thought there are more child killers in the western world than there are lion killing enthusiasts.

And I know hunting is a big part of American culture. But surely this cunt has crossed a huge white line, even within the hardened hunting community?

Or maybe he hasn't? I don't know.

Pretty sure there are many on here who've been trophy hunting before, or at least know people that do trophy hunt on a regular basis.

So what percentage of those hunters would see the slaying of a lion as a legit kill?

Guessing small, but would like to know.

And for the hillbillies that missed the sarcasm. I'm not against hunting or the killing of animals.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Fraud View Post
    And I know hunting is a big part of American culture. But surely this cunt has crossed a huge white line, even within the hardened hunting community?

Pretty sure there are many on here who've been trophy hunting before, or at least know people that do trophy hunt on a regular basis.

So what percentage of those hunters would see the slaying of a lion as a legit kill?

And for the hillbillies that missed the sarcasm. I'm not against hunting or the killing of animals.
    I'm not sure that poaching is even a thing in the US. The vast majority of hunters here are killing animals that are plentiful and arguably need their populations controlled.

Comments

Muck Ficon: What? Are you serious?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicide King View Post
    I hope someone kills him
    Yep, me too. What a fucking scumbag.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post

I'm not sure that poaching is even a thing in the US. The vast majority of hunters here are killing animals that are plentiful and arguably need their populations controlled.
    Poaching is huge here actually. 90% of what Fish & Game does is chase down poachers. It's not like in the UK where poaching laws go back to literal serf dynamics and could result in summary execution, but taking deer/salmon/sturgeon etc out of season is 100% poaching here and can yield some huge fines and light jail time, in addition to asset forfeiture. But yeah its not like in UK/Scotland/Ireland where titled lands have game thats maintained by the ghillies, but there are really very little 'public' lands in the context that we understand here in the states.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Poaching here is defined as taking an animal without a license. You can also get hit if you night hunt dear by flashing lights at them, stunning them so you can take a free shot. Where I live, if they don't cull deer, you hit them with your car. Going north I see no less than 5 on the side of the road hit by vehicles.

Comments

Benford: Michigan is one of the worst states in the US for deer/car collisions

Banned
    Load Metric
    I stand corrected. I'm aware of catch limits and seasonal regulations and such, but never thought of that as poaching. That makes me guilty of it too. =/

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    I could understand the outrage if it was an elephant or a giraffe, but all lions do is kill shit. Fuck em. We are here today because our brave ancestors put these faggot animals in their place. This hero is just carrying the torch. You water-drinking liberal mudsharks have destroyed his practice and denied hundreds of Minnesotan-Americans healthy smiles, because you have a hardon for some parasite ridden, bloodthirsty gay cat in Africa

Comments

YUUP: Fucking mudsharks

Dan Druff: diamond pro, everybody

simpdog: Amen

::o: if its not fluffy, no-one cares.

Benford: Defense attorney rep (decent counterpoints)

big dick: go have a few drinks asshole

4Dragons: You'll never see a lion in a petting zoo

nunbeater: you'll never see a wolf in a circus

Load Metric
    As an avid hunter myself this is absolutely disgusting. I get shit all the time for being open when people ask me if I hunt or not which is surprising since i live in WV, but i do live in the "city" as oppose to the "sticks". It doesnt bother me at all because I actually consume animals i harvest and dont just skull cap deer and throw their carcass into the woods. This also applies to hunting turkey, squirrel, fishing for trout, ect. When i tell people this they are more accepting since the majority of them think of hunting as " kill the animal and leave it, or waste the meat and just get it mounted." What i think is absolutely disgusting is the fact that people kill animals just to kill them like some sadist freak that uses their blood for lube. These are the people that give all hunters a bad name.

Back to this douche bag. In what fucking world does he think he lives in that will be like "Oh man, that lion you killed is so fucking awesome. You did it with poachers? That adds so much more cool factor to this, and it only cost you 50k." like wtf dude. This guy is a huge scum bag. Hope he will never forget this because the vast majority of internet users that will run across this story wont. l8er kid

tight life

insert noose here

Comments

LLL: + Rep

big dick: .

MumblesBadly: The internet never forgets.

Load Metric
    feel free to add to his Yelp reviews: http://www.yelp.com/biz/river-bluff-dental-bloomington

must be fun times in the dental practice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyt View Post
    As an avid hunter myself this is absolutely disgusting. I get shit all the time for being open when people ask me if I hunt or not which is surprising since i live in WV, but i do live in the "city" as oppose to the "sticks". It doesnt bother me at all because I actually consume animals i harvest and dont just skull cap deer and throw their carcass into the woods. This also applies to hunting turkey, squirrel, fishing for trout, ect. When i tell people this they are more accepting since the majority of them think of hunting as " kill the animal and leave it, or waste the meat and just get it mounted." What i think is absolutely disgusting is the fact that people kill animals just to kill them like some sadist freak that uses their blood for lube. These are the people that give all hunters a bad name.

Back to this douche bag. In what fucking world does he think he lives in that will be like "Oh man, that lion you killed is so fucking awesome. You did it with poachers? That adds so much more cool factor to this, and it only cost you 50k." like wtf dude. This guy is a huge scum bag. Hope he will never forget this because the vast majority of internet users that will run across this story wont. l8er kid

tight life

insert noose here
    I would never do this, but I think it is a little more complicated. The killing of animals for sport, ironically, helps them thrive as a lot of the fees paid for tags go back into preservation and to protect the animals from poachers.

It sounds as if this guy didnt play by the rules though.
    :freelewfather

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoney View Post

tight life

insert noose here
    I would never do this, but I think it is a little more complicated. The killing of animals for sport, ironically, helps them thrive as a lot of the fees paid for tags go back into preservation and to protect the animals from poachers.

i totally agree with you, but there is always a right and wrong way to do this. Even if you hunt just for sport (which isn't completely wrong) you should do the responsible and morally correct thing and use the animal in a positive way (such as donating the meat, in my state we have the hunters for hungry program. even if you want the head for a trophy they will take the excess and have it processed and given to less fortunate and homeless) This is the point i was trying to make. I just wanted to clarify that since my comment was a little hasty and not well thought out.

not trying to be preachy. i havent really made a decent post in a long time but this subject just struck a nerve.
    i personally have killed more than the deer i will need to fill my freezer but it was to help control population while simultaneously donating it to homeless shelters and less fortunate families.

Load Metric

i totally agree with you, but there is always a right and wrong way to do this. Even if you hunt just for sport (which isn't completely wrong) you should do the responsible and morally correct thing and use the animal in a positive way (such as donating the meat, in my state we have the hunters for hungry program. even if you want the head for a trophy they will take the excess and have it processed and given to less fortunate and homeless) This is the point i was trying to make. I just wanted to clarify that since my comment was a little hasty and not well thought out.

not trying to be preachy. i havent really made a decent post in a long time but this subject just struck a nerve.
    i personally have killed more than the deer i will need to fill my freezer but it was to help control population while simultaneously donating it to homeless shelters and less fortunate families.
    100 percent on everything you said

I think this guy simply killed the wrong cat. Had he killed some random lion this would not have made the news.

In many cases, game hunting is the lesser of the two evils. They rarely issue game tags to hunt endangered animals (lions are far from endangered) and they only issue a limited number of them. This is why it costs 10s of thousands to get them. The governments of these countries rely on the money Westerners pay for the tags to maintain healthy populations and to insure the animals dont go extinct. Many times a specific animal will even be targeted in game hunting. For example, a problematic male who is killing all the cubs or whatever.

I personally could never stomach killing an animal for sport, but it is so much more complicated than the soccer moms on Yelp make it out to be.

Joe Rogan of all people actually has some really good podcasts on hunting and the issue of sport hunting. He really breaks it down well with some professional hunters.

The guy completely fucked up by killing a lion that was clearly off limits. The question for me becomes did he know it was off limits and still went and killed it anyway. If so, then he deserves all that he is getting.

Comments

Benford: Yes to this...also Cecil was wrong cat b/c a dozen cubs are now endangered with its absence. Complications all around...
    Last edited by cmoney; 07-29-2015 at 07:19 AM.

Load Metric
    CECIL WAS GOD

Banned
    Load Metric
    In many cases, game hunting is the lesser of the two evils. They rarely issue game tags to hunt endangered animals (lions are far from endangered) and they only issue a limited number of them. This is why it costs 10s of thousands to get them. The governments of these countries rely on the money Westerners pay for the tags to maintain healthy populations and to insure the animals dont go extinct. Many times a specific animal will even be targeted in game hunting. For example, a problematic male who is killing all the cubs or whatever.

I wish people in this country would get as emotional about ISIS strapping bombs to babies to teach explosive classes as they do about the killing of a cat. A cat that would have no issue killing them if it was hungry enough.
    There's like 30,000 of them left. There's roughly that many humans with $300 million or more networth. They're spread around and lack genetic diversity. There's a decent chance they go extinct in our lifetime. We'll probably be around to see lots of cool animals cease to exist, as rhinos, tigers, elephants, and blue whales are just a handful of the species on death's doorstep.

Load Metric

I wish people in this country would get as emotional about ISIS strapping bombs to babies to teach explosive classes as they do about the killing of a cat. A cat that would have no issue killing them if it was hungry enough.
    There's like 30,000 of them left. There's roughly that many humans with $300 million or more networth. They're spread around and lack genetic diversity. There's a decent chance they go extinct in our lifetime. We'll probably be around to see lots of cool animals cease to exist, as rhinos, tigers, elephants, and blue whales are just a handful of the species on death's doorstep.

Right, but i think you could make a good argument there would be even less without game hunting. Most of the lion populations are in poor countries. Because of this, you have poaching and governments without enough money and resources to guard the lion population.

Ideally, the countries wouldn't be poor and the population wouldn't need to poach out of greed or to feed their families. So in most cases it is the lesser of two evils to have regulated game hunting. Dont get me wrong I dont think any game hunters are killing these animals because they think they are doing the species a service. I think there is a nasty level of narcissism and self importance one has to do something like this. However, it is hard to dispute that a by product of the enormous licensing fees is preservation of a lot of animals.

Like I said though, if he knew this animal was off limits and still killed it then he should burn. If it was a mistake, and he did everything else by the book, then it a complicated issue with valid arguments on both sides.

Comments

Charham: well stated judge money

SrslySirius: fair
    Last edited by cmoney; 07-29-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Load Metric
    #ripCECIL #lionlivesmatter #fuckdentists

Thread Information