Thread: Local pet shop being threatened over poor treatment of animals

Load Metric

Local pet shop being threatened over poor treatment of animals

Local pet shop closed up today after an employee posted a blog accounting all the times the store manager and the store neglected the pets.

http://petlandinrobinsonexposed.blogspot.com/

Pretty sick some of the shit this guy did including:

Due to the severe lack of exercise that any, especially the large dogs, receive, they tend to be very energetic in their kennels. They bark, claw the glass, try to bite it, and so on. I have recommended to Jeff Koury, owner, multiple times that we should exercise them so they won't do that as much. He refuses. Instead he'll walk up to the dog, beating on the glass, while yelling and screaming at it to stop barking.
    We had a "Ba-Shar" (Basset Hound/Beagle) puppy shipped to Petland on June 25, along with others. I noticed the puppy's skin was extremely inflamed and reddish in color. I mentioned it both to manager,Joann, and owner, Jeff Koury. They said he would be fine. A week later I overheard Jeff telling another employee that the "Ba-Shar" puppy was not for sale and was being shipped back because of his skin condition. I questioned him for more information. He stated, " I refuse to pay the treatment for this dog. It's not my problem, it's theirs (Hunte Corp.)". Both of the older ladies who work in the kennel (both had been there for years) told me afterwards that the dogs who are shipped back to Hunte are euthanized.

Banned
    Load Metric
    It's pretty much a given that if you buy dogs from puppy mills and pet stores that you're perpetuating this sort of cruelty.

:moonlanding

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ms. Singer(planed parenthood, devout racist and eugenasist, Fabian society member), Hillary and the democratic party would be pleased.

Load Metric
    I "get" this thread and all. That said there is a strip mall here with a local shop and a pet smart. I go to the local shop all day long. People there know pets. People at pet smart are high school students.

Thread Information