Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Glantz suggests Players Committee to WSOP TD Jack Effel, gets blocked on Twitter

Silver
    Load Metric
    Poker players are great. I DK what's better, Matt Glantz's twitter or PFA Radio during the WSOP - 6+ hours of bitching about the RIO or the WSOP every week.

We get it, the Rio sucks. The WSOP sucks.

Next?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Poker players are great. I DK what's better, Matt Glantz's twitter or PFA Radio during the WSOP - 6+ hours of bitching about the RIO or the WSOP every week.

We get it, the Rio sucks. The WSOP sucks.

Next?
    With the WSOP over, you will get your wish for "next".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Posted last night:

Jack Effel ‏@WSOPTD
    I regret blocking any1 & apologize 4 offending U. Always been a man of the people but respectfully ask that comments be made in good tone TY
    So Matt Glantz may have forced Jack to change his ways. Many people retweeted Matt's message about being blocked, and I think it made Jack look bad.

We will see if Jack is a man of his word and unblocks both me and Brandon. Both of us have always addressed him respectfully.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Posted last night:

Jack Effel ‏@WSOPTD
    I regret blocking any1 & apologize 4 offending U. Always been a man of the people but respectfully ask that comments be made in good tone TY
    So Matt Glantz may have forced Jack to change his ways. Many people retweeted Matt's message about being blocked, and I think it made Jack look bad.

We will see if Jack is a man of his word and unblocks both me and Brandon. Both of us have always addressed him respectfully.
    I'm a noob to this forum, but have been working my way through the arCHives almost non-stop over the past few weeks/month (I'm up to August 2014), and I think Effel has a point, but you may be misunderstanding why Effel thinks you and Brandon crossed the line with him. Here goes...

Even if your *tweets* to him may have been "respectful". your discussions of the "fail" at the WSOP in the radio show, with the frequently added commentary about how you expect fail at the WSOP each year, is very disrepectful in tone. And how like a typical Caesars operation, it "never fails to disappoint". And I am guessing that Effel is aware of the tone of your numerous commentaries on the matter on this show. (he may not listen directly, but he almost surely hears about it from others.

So, why *should* he accept tweets from someone who, from his perspective, bashes his operation every year in a disparaging tone on a radio show, yet tweets "respectfully" directly to him? Regardless of the merit of the *content* of your commentary on that fail, their tone is awash in disrepect towards Effel for all of the "fail" you have discussed.

And while discussions these fails, often in a bitchy and disparaging tone, is part of the appeal of the show (I enjoy it), I think Effel is perfectly in his right to block tweets from someone running, from HIS likely perspective, a peanut gallery of a radio show that get's mileage out of repeatedly bashing his operation on air.
    Last edited by MumblesBadly; 07-22-2015 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Added detail, correct grammar
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information