Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Life is short, have an affair! ... and then get outed by hackers (AshleyMadison hacked)

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    With hackers now being able to hack into major corporations website and government websites...you're a fucking jagoff to think they cannot hack into Draft Kings and "past post" or hack into a poker site for superuser.

Comments

Benford: Scary thought worthy of more discussions/threads

big dick: correct use of the word jagoff rep

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    With hackers now being able to hack into major corporations website and government websites...you're a fucking jagoff to think they cannot hack into Draft Kings and "past post" or hack into a poker site for superuser.

respectfully, poker sites employ the absolute highest levels of security to prevent that from happening.

otherwise their own superuser accounts would be less effective.

looking at you bovada.

100% serious there btw.

Comments

smithbk: Hockey Guy-like spoilerage

Hockey Guy: Stop stealing my schtick

Sanlmar: Priceless +1

garrett: You admittedly dont even play poker, so WTF would you know???
    Last edited by sonatine; 07-20-2015 at 07:13 PM.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    I wouldnt discount their security here without some indication that the compromise was a no-brainer. They were almost certainly PCI level 1 so they probably had at least quarterly third party pen tests done. The sad truth is that one doesnt need to have bad security to get popped these days. If I had to guess, Id say they probably got phished with one of the HT o-days. Pure unadulterated conjecture of course but Occams Razor and all that.
    Remember the bonus question and your answer?

I really and truly dont give a fuck if anyone watches what I do online.
    I have always expected you to one day post a screed on privacy. You are obviously witness to the level of fuck ups that work in IT. Assume everything is going to get outed on the corporate side. The trend is your friend or enemy here.

The mention of PCI made me laugh. To me it seemed a good avenue for exploit.
    It was some years ago but I was on the fringes of the whole TJ X mess. It surprised me to see how IT allows all kinds of shit to get hung on their network. Nobody is running hard wired controls anymore. Frankly, what I saw was that the security used to meet PCI was itself a great weak link. Access control hung on the network tied to employee data bases (employee badging). IP devices all over the joint that IT does not understand.

I started to have impure thoughts....

It was just revealing and got added to my general unease about personal information.

Comments

garrett: Sonatine DUPE PEOPEL OBV!!!! WAKE UP, another Sonatine DUPE

Load Metric
    Why can't these/you guys meet women the old fashioned way?

& by "the old fashioned way" I obviously mean
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    What the hell is this, the boris test thread?

Comments

gauchojake: HOF

ToasterOven: haha

Load Metric
    Betting this was done by the obvious choice. A very computer savvy nerd or group of computer savvy nerds who were cheated on, and AM was the facilitating factor.

Nerds with hot wives... Who gets cheated on more than them???? This was inevitably going to happen sooner or later. AM should have had a better anti hacker set up than the Pentagon.

LOL at it being this noble cause of getting back at them for their $19 charge to delete.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegas1369 View Post
    Betting this was done by the obvious choice. A very computer savvy nerd or group of computer savvy nerds who were cheated on, and AM was the facilitating factor.

Nerds with hot wives... Who gets cheated on more than them???? This was inevitably going to happen sooner or later. AM should have had a better anti hacker set up than the Pentagon.

LOL at it being this noble cause of getting back at them for their $19 charge to delete.
    Not a bad theory, and I think you're close, but I'm guessing this isn't about being angry about being cheated on.

I think this was done by a nerd who was angry that AshleyMadison's company didn't treat him well when he worked there (or did consulting work for them). Maybe he thought he was underpaid. Maybe he felt unappreciated. Maybe he felt like his concerns weren't taken seriously.

It's unlikely that this $19 charge was the impetus for all of this. It looks much more like the hacker was simply searching for wrongdoing on AshleyMadison's part (beyond the obvious facilitating of infidelity), and found it in that $19 scam they pulled. This gives him both a better public image and a better legal defense if caught, rather than just, "I'm trying to destroy you because I'm butthurt about something that happened years ago at work."

The reason it's unlikely that the hacker is actually outraged at the $19 scam is because his other statements condemn and criticize AshleyMadison's customers, lambasting them for using the site to cheat on their spouses. So it's unlikely that he would be angry that some of these people got cheated out of $19, as he already has disdain for them in the first place. Furthermore, he is threatening to distribute information far more harmful to these people than a loss of $19.

Pretty sure there's a much deeper personal reason for this whole thing, which is linked back to some sort of workplace issue. The fact that the "extortion" demand involves the company shutting down rather than a bitcoin ransom proves that this is vindictive, and not being done for profit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    These recent "data harvesting" hacks targeting large corporations (SONY, AdultFriendFinder, Target, Anthem, AshleyMadison, etc) are illustrating a need to be careful regarding information you entrust to others.

The lesson to learn here: "Once sensitive information is out, you can't put it back in the bottle."

In 1999, a girlfriend who was very free with her personal information moved in with me. She was unhappy when I demanded that she use my PO Box for our mail, and that she unlist her new phone # and address. Prior to meeting me, you could look her up in the phone book and easily get both her number and address.

"I don't deal with freaks on the internet like you do," she said. "I am not hiding from anyone. I have no problem with my info from being out there."

"You have no problem TODAY," I said. "If tomorrow there's someone who wants to find you and you don't want them to be able to, it will be too late."

She very reluctantly went along with the PO Box and the unlisted number.

Literally weeks after she moved in with me, a disgruntled customer at her work developed a vendetta against her. The woman told her shrink that she was going to find my girlfriend, shoot her dead, and then shoot herself in the head. The shrink reported this to authorities, and my girlfriend was warned.

Except she had much less to fear. Her address wasn't listed. Nothing at my place was in her name. All of her mail was going to a PO Box. Short of following her home, even a PI would have had a hard time getting her address. Her work was in a large security building in LA, and that woman wasn't getting in there. The only threat was at home, but thanks to keeping her info private, she wasn't that scared.

"If I was still living at my old place, still in the phone book, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night," she told me. "I'm so glad that you insisted on this stuff."

Once information is out, you cannot put it back in the bottle.

Similarly, when you sign up for infidelity websites like AshleyMadison, or sexual fantasy websites like AdultFriendFinder, you are putting your biggest personal vulnerabilities in the hands of disinterested or overconfident IT security managers. They say you will be "anonymous" and "confidential", but you aren't at all anonymous or confidential if your account is linked to real-life billing details. You could avoid this mess by using a $50 prepaid credit card (registered in a fake name), but very few people want to take this extra step. They just blindly assume everything will be okay, and "secure and anonymous" really means secure and anonymous.

I'm saying that if you really want privacy, you need to create the privacy on your own, not count on others to do it for you.

The age of data dumps is upon us.

Load Metric

respectfully, poker sites employ the absolute highest levels of security to prevent that from happening.

looking at you bovada.

100% serious there btw.
    i understand you're serious but do you have anything to back this up?

Comments

garrett: No its Sonatine, he talks abunch of shit and thinks his 'rep' on PFA (lol) is enough to back everything up. Guys a total FLAKE!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by WillieMcFML View Post

looking at you bovada.

100% serious there btw.
    i understand you're serious but do you have anything to back this up?

Dude isn't really going too far on a limb. just throwing darts at the wall and seeing what sticks imo.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

looking at you bovada.

100% serious there btw.

Wrong.

Calvin Ayres on the side of caution.

Comments

garrett: Sonatine just talks non-sense and thinks his self procieved level of cool here, is all the validation anyone needs when he says something (lol)

Load Metric
    Btw what credentials does this guy even have (sonitine) ? everyone respects this guy's opinion on computer matters. From what I' ve seen he's been wrong as fuck in just about everything he's said.

Comments

LegalizeMeth: worse than ghostface calling out Action Bronson

garrett: poignant and proper question actually. Hold strong this computer nerds now put a bullseye on you probably... : D

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

The age of data dumps is upon us.

Im starting to feel like its not just the lazy/incompetent IT admins that are spewing data. Im starting to seriously question whether or not its possible to keep any data reasonably secure at all.

Over 22 million people doxed in the OPM hack, including polygraph output and fingerprints for CIA/FBI/DOJ field agents. What the fuck is Snowden compared to that shit?

Comments

garrett: Just admit you really dont know!
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Btw what credentials does this guy even have (sonitine) ? everyone respects this guy's opinion on computer matters. From what I' ve seen he's been wrong as fuck in just about everything he's said.
    Very valid point and deserves to be put forward. He has NONE, especially when it comes to the poker world. Zero credibility.

Self admittedly doesn't even play poker yet wants to be the voice of everything righteousness pertaining to everything to do with it. We all are to 'bow down' to the great creep on PFA, Sonatine. GTFO. A joke, hides behind his keyboard only a few here know him the massive amount of fraud in most the stuff he posts, especially pertaining the the poker world. I'll tell you this, I know who he is now. And I am actually not a mean guy irl, so ill say this with as much tact as possible...

Sonatine has a ton of self confidence issues, possibly always felt picked on his entire life, so a place like this where so many people stroke his ego, and coddle him gives him a sense of self worth. The issue is, he mistakenly takes that for complete validation, and then dives off the deepend (or eats a ton of adderall and can't leave his keyboard for days at a time, not sure) and goes in on every subject/topic being gossiped about on this site.

Simply put, Sonatine is all talk, he's that type who acts like he knows everything, when in reality he doesn't really know about 90% of the stuff he is talking about. Especially when it comes to poker. Dwai is one of the few non-nuthuggers who post on this site I guess. Nice to see.

*I'll get tons of red reps from his dupe accounts and homeis (lol) bc thats how PFA functions, but you are 100% correct to be putting this joke on BLAST!

Comments

jsearles22: Off set Sonatine dupes rep

Load Metric
    Dwai oh yea very important. Sonatine is also a HACKER (Black hat IMO)

That in and of itself, makes me totally want to always do the opposite. Opposite of everything he says on this forum, literally.

Sonatine says get rid of 'Adobe', well I I know right then that i'm keeping it. Just do the opposite of what Sonatine says (hacker) and you'll probably be just fine!

Comments

dwai: dude is a fat slob with no life, imo

Load Metric

Load Metric
    Im starting to seriously question whether or not its possible to keep any data reasonably secure at all.
    To a layman, this seems like the long and short of it.

It would be funny if we regressed to where sensitive data was stored offline on disks or whatever.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOven View Post
    Im starting to seriously question whether or not its possible to keep any data reasonably secure at all.
    To a layman, this seems like the long and short of it.

It would be funny if we regressed to where sensitive data was stored offline on disks or whatever.
    Hence bitcoin

Load Metric
    If this was a genuine hack why not wait till after the IPO, take out a short, then make a shed load of money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    thank you for this.

Your Adobe account was one of the ones that was compromised.

Your email address and encrypted Adobe password were found in the list of stolen Adobe accounts.

Did you know that 10 other people used the same password as you did for their Adobe account? Hackers have their password hints and can use them to guess your password too!

We have sent an email to xxx@xxx.com with instructions on how to obtain your Adobe password hint as well as everyone else's password hint who used the same password.

We strongly urge you to follow our recommendations and immediately change your Adobe and related passwords!!

Thread Information