Thread: Anyone else watch the Vice Special Report this week?

Load Metric

Anyone else watch the Vice Special Report this week?

http://www.vice.com/read/behind-the-...-fighting-isis

Holy shit! I knew we fucked up over there, but never really saw it broken down like this. Bush will most likely go down having made the most serious and consequential foreign policy blunders in American history. Obama wasn't too far behind with supporting Maliki when he lost the election.

Definitely watch this special if you can.

Comments

lewfather: Vice goes in hard

DRK Star: ^ Like I do to your mom

Sanlmar: Vice back in rotation rep

DirtyErnie: good watch

Load Metric
    Gonna declare yourself eligible for the draft Lew?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Gonna declare yourself eligible for the draft Lew?

Name:  B7WAYHM5QUQ6H6C6NFL3WQLBTFR7E3VS.gif
Views: 353
Size:  752.0 KB

Load Metric
    Just watched this and it's pretty much spot on.

US foreign policy is run by a bunch of retards.

Least they got rid of all those Weapons of Mass Destruction hey? *cough*

Load Metric
    GG Rome.

Comments

vegas1369:
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm a fan of the head Vice guy (Shane smith of memory serves)...

He did a couple of great pieces on North Korea that I've watched a few times...highly recommended if you have some time to watch...

Load Metric
    You mean the guy sitting on billions of dollars while his staff work for less than minimum wage? That Shane Smith? Or some other Shane Smith whose not a predatory, opportunistic, cynical scumbag?

Comments

Mintjewlips: keepin it real rep

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Meh the stories were good...

Wouldn't be the first guy to make a killing while his employees made nothing...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    You mean the guy sitting on billions of dollars while his staff work for less than minimum wage? That Shane Smith? Or some other Shane Smith whose not a predatory, opportunistic, cynical scumbag?
    Do you get all your information from Gawker?

VICE to Gawker: Fuck You and Fuck Your Garbage Click-Bait 'Journalism'
    http://www.vice.com/pages/response

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Did you even read what you just posted?

"All VICE full-time employees" pro tip: a staggeringly small percentage of their staff are considered 'full time employees', this has been one of the core complaints about them for ages. They are absolutely notorious for hiring temp/contract/apprentices/serfs who somehow magically never quite get to a 40 hour staff position after years of slavish devotion.

I know you feel like this was your moment to shine and all but in the future, care less about snappy retorts and worry more about knowing a single fucking thing about the issue at bar? I know, its going to be hard going but I'm sure somewhere there is a thread about fabric softener or how to get mom off your back that you're going to just knock out of the park.

Load Metric
    Gee...

Media writing biased bullshit in order to tell a false narrative and get page clicks?......how odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    (I'm) a little preoccupied in Thailand right now

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

I have nothing bad to say about their product. Like, nothing. I think they do the world a service in that regard.

But they basically take advantage of people stupid enough to live in NYC at this point with such obvious and malicious calculation that it deserves to be called out for what it is. Fuck Shane Smith.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Tell us how you really feel about Dana White.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I have nothing bad to say about their product. Like, nothing. I think they do the world a service in that regard.

But they basically take advantage of people stupid enough to live in NYC at this point with such obvious and malicious calculation that it deserves to be called out for what it is. Fuck Shane Smith.
    Understood...I was more talking about the stories that he did many years ago...North Korea fascinates the shit outta me for some reason...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty_Aus View Post

Did you even read what you just posted?

"All VICE full-time employees" pro tip: a staggeringly small percentage of their staff are considered 'full time employees', this has been one of the core complaints about them for ages. They are absolutely notorious for hiring temp/contract/apprentices/serfs who somehow magically never quite get to a 40 hour staff position after years of slavish devotion.

I know you feel like this was your moment to shine and all but in the future, care less about snappy retorts and worry more about knowing a single fucking thing about the issue at bar? I know, its going to be hard going but I'm sure somewhere there is a thread about fabric softener or how to get mom off your back that you're going to just knock out of the park.
    Gawker really are trash and they started this Vice smear campaign.

Vice has what 700 employees and over half of these are full time.
    Not counting the freelancers of course.

"VICE currently has more than 400 full-time employees in North America. As they do in all businesses, entry-level salaries range by department and are competitive with comparable emerging media companies in the digital space. All VICE full-time employees participate in a complete package of employee benefits: full health insurance (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, disability insurance, two weeks of paid vacation per year, ten paid holidays, five paid sick days, a maternity and paternity program (12 weeks of paid maternity leave, one week of paid paternity leave), a summer Fridays program, and a variety of company discounts and offers, including a commuter tax-free benefit, flexible health spending and dependent-care accounts, and a 401(k) program.

In addition to this compensation package, all VICE employees who meet a length-of-service criterion of two years are automatically enrolled in the company’s Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) program, a stock-based compensation plan whereby employees receive payments based on the value of VICE stock in a liquidity event. The VICE SAR program was launched in late 2013, with long-term employees grandfathered into the program and granted SAR options that recognized their dedication and excellence for the early growth years of the company. As VICE rises in value, so do the value of the SARs, and all employees in the program benefit. This is, of course, 100 percent contrary to Gawker’s assertion in their smear job. But then again, since when did Gawker actually care about the truth?"

Whereas Gawker are being sued for paying employees nada!

You do realize that personal abuse aimed at anyone who disagrees with you is a sure sign you're an ignorant twat?
    When I'm not busy shining and doing other sparkly type stuff... I prefer "Cuddly" fabric softener. FYI

Think most media companies profit off their employees, this is nothing new.
    In fact, doesn't every business known to man do this?
    I like their work regardless!

One last thing, giving his employees over one million dollars in Christmas bonuses wasn't too shabby either.

Name:  a1606526910_16.jpg
Views: 229
Size:  42.2 KB

Load Metric
    One other thing, Vice has thousands of freelancers... maybe as high as 4,000 people contributing.

As a freelancer it's up to the individual to sell their work to the highest bidder or whoever they chose.

If they're not earning enough for their work, sell it to someone else!

Load Metric

Understood...I was more talking about the stories that he did many years ago...North Korea fascinates the shit outta me for some reason...
    Totes. His tastes, politics, and instincts are to be admired up until we get to the part about how he treats the talent propping up the business end of his empire. He fights the good fight when it comes to the news/current events. And his willingness to put his ass on the line by hanging out with some of the scariest motherfuckers on Earth and asking tough, real questions demands respect.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Did we get a good deal? That interest ..
    Name:  column_1.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  61.0 KB
    Name:  1trillion.png
Views: 245
Size:  120.7 KB

Platinum
    Load Metric

Totes. His tastes, politics, and instincts are to be admired up until we get to the part about how he treats the talent propping up the business end of his empire. He fights the good fight when it comes to the news/current events. And his willingness to put his ass on the line by hanging out with some of the scariest motherfuckers on Earth and asking tough, real questions demands respect.
    If memory serves he did a piece on Liberia...

You want to talk about some scary fucking shit, watch that one...think he was probably safer in North Korea than he was there...

Tbh didn't know anything about how Vice is run from the inside, actually didn't even know he was "the guy" there until a few years ago...

Bronze
    Load Metric

If memory serves he did a piece on Liberia...

You want to talk about some scary fucking shit, watch that one...think he was probably safer in North Korea than he was there...

Tbh didn't know anything about how Vice is run from the inside, actually didn't even know he was "the guy" there until a few years ago...
    Dude may be a piece of shit but he has a massive set of nuts. The Brothel scene made me realize I have higher pussy standards than most afros, so thats seems like a win.

http://www.vice.com/video/the-vice-guide-to-liberia-1

Thread Information