Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official Triple Crown Thread (Pin this)

Bronze
    Load Metric

Official Triple Crown Thread (Pin this)

Best chance in a long time for a Triple Crown. 3rd place was 9 lengths back and 4th was 12 lengths. If Bodemeister does not run, we may very well have a Secratariat type rout in New York.

Given the personality of the trainer, this might be the most watched horse race ever. Look for "I'll Have Another" to be 1:2 / 1:5 if Bodemeister does not run.

Let the hype begin.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset316 View Post
    Best chance in a long time for a Triple Crown. 3rd place was 9 lengths back and 4th was 12 lengths. If Bodemeister does not run, we may very well have a Secratariat type rout in New York.

Given the personality of the trainer, this might be the most watched horse race ever. Look for "I'll Have Another" to be 1:2 / 1:5 if Bodemeister does not run.

Let the hype begin.
    Looks like Bodemeister is not going to the Belmont.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Here is the race. They are calling it one of the best Preakness ever:

Bronze
    Load Metric
    This is going to be the most hyped race ever. I cannot see any scenario where 'I'll Have Another' won't win by 5 lengths. Triple Crown is upon us after 34 years.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Kentucky Derby: I'll Have Another

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That is crazy......25 length win?

This will be an unbelievable story for Gutierrez.

Bronze
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    Looks like Belmont might be in jeopardy for this weekend:

http://gma.yahoo.com/triple-crown-tr...opstories.html

I dont understand why they cant just bring in 80 backup track workers? Im sure it couldnt be that hard?
    Last edited by jsearles22; 06-05-2012 at 11:51 AM.
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by jsearles22 View Post
    Looks like Belmont might be in jeopardy for this weekend:

http://gma.yahoo.com/triple-crown-tr...opstories.html

I dont understand why they cant just bring in 80 backup track workers? Im sure it couldnt be that hard?

I'll admit right up front that I'm no expert on unions or horse racing but WTF would the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers have to do with maintanence & placing horses in the starting gate.

The maintanence one I can patially understand but the placing the horses in the starting gate makes no sense to me. I'm pretty sure even if you were a journeyman or master electrician, they don't cover putting horses into starting gates in much detail while in school. Of course I could be wrong.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric
    It's hilarious that we as a society think everyone can be a dr, a lawyer, an engineer. Some people are just fucking stupid. Why can't we just accept that?

Load Metric
    The horse has the late-running style that would make a mile and a half seem to be a possibility for him, but the odds are against it happening for many reasons. The 4-5 morning line odds are a joke. Smarty Jones and Big Brown, both of whom seemed to be significantly better horses than I'll Have Another (at least at this stage of their careers), were seemingly more likely to be able to do it than this horse, and both of them failed. So did seven others since it was last done. If it finally happens this year, I hope this horse turns out to be great instead of just having been in the right place at the right time, because that's not what Triple Crown winners are supposed to be. And, in fact, every horse other than Omaha who's done it has turned out to be an all-time great.

Load Metric
    The "best chance for a triple crown" isn't even going to run in the Belmont Stakes.

Horse racing is now more than welcome to sink back into irrelevance.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fail View Post
    The "best chance for a triple crown" isn't even going to run in the Belmont Stakes.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/08...ins/?hpt=hp_t1

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And you should slink bad to your mental midget hole

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

And you should slink bad to your mental midget hole

I don't have a hole.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LLL View Post

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/08...ins/?hpt=hp_t1

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/i-ll-ha...ple-crown.html

Is some sort of fix on? No way anyone in the biz wants an $11,000 afterthought to punk all of their golden haired thoroughbreds and win the triple crown. Then they wouldnt be able to act like this was so prestigious of an occassion! The horse went through its Friday workout just fine but it cant run Saturday? Something smells fishy to me

Load Metric
    What a horrible sport. It's such a shame that my two favorite sports, boxing and horse racing, are the two worst sports on earth. Anyway, I say bet the Union Rags/Street Life exacta box, and put them both ways over Dullahan, Paynter and Unstoppable U in the triple.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by HEX View Post
    What a horrible sport. It's such a shame that my two favorite sports, boxing and horse racing, are the two worst sports on earth. Anyway, I say bet the Union Rags/Street Life exacta box, and put them both ways over Dullahan, Paynter and Unstoppable U in the triple.
    I'd be honest, if I were a billionaire like the owner is of I'll Have Another, I'd take the chance and ride him. It does not look to be serious at all, just inflamation of a tendon, and probably a sub 20% chance of a leg break. It's not like the owner needs to money in breeding. Now, if it were me, I'd definitely not take the chance because I would want the royalties of the breeding guaranteed.

But if I were a billionaire or multi millionaire, I'd take the chance at history. In fact, to add drama, I'd host a press conference announcing my decision just to add drama. Horse racing needs a George Steinbrenner type.

Load Metric
    I'd be honest, if I were a billionaire like the owner is of I'll Have Another, I'd take the chance and ride him. It does not look to be serious at all, just inflamation of a tendon, and probably a sub 20% chance of a leg break. It's not like the owner needs to money in breeding. Now, if it were me, I'd definitely not take the chance because I would want the royalties of the breeding guaranteed.

But if I were a billionaire or multi millionaire, I'd take the chance at history. In fact, to add drama, I'd host a press conference announcing my decision just to add drama. Horse racing needs a George Steinbrenner type.
    You must be insane. This may possibly be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

You may have no conscience but some people do. The animal rights groups would have a field day whether or not something happened to that horse & rightly so.
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Load Metric

Thread Information