Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Robot

Load Metric
    its frankly outrageous and the fact that the next season of Stranger Things drops in like less than 3 weeks is also outrageous.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    im struggling with getting into mr robot at the moment.

- i think it was a bit jarring to just leap into elliot's world like this when we left off with joey bada$$ about to body 2 principle characters as the final scene last season, and then never actually reveal their fate. im not happy about that shit.

- the trump shit felt super forced and honestly it just felt like shitty teenage angst politics more than an appropriate commentary on the tone of the show / world building. i did enjoy wondering what my cunt fake-libertarian shitbag associates who voted for trump but loOOoOOoOOove mr robot felt about it tho.

- all the characters are terrible people suddenly.

- the worst for me was the CTF competition, with its forced "everyone but elliot is a normie" bullshit. and im not going to even fucking get into elliot "solving" the most difficult problem in 2 minutes. that was a nut low moment in the series, to the point where it almost felt ironic and self deprecating.

it just wasnt a great start. but a lot of shows start slow so who knows.

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Mr mercedes > mr robot

Comments

Brittney Griner's Clit: I wouldn't say better but I certainly liked it. Get Shorty has been my favorite show of the last 6 monthsish
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde
    you're more consumed with accumulating wealth than achieving spiritual enlightenment

Load Metric
    this episode helped me kinda settle back into the groove.

i guess.

the whole 'omg he has split personalities and they are working against each other' thing feels very trope city to me and apparently joey bada$$ isnt in this season and thats kinda like, two pretty big strikes.. plus it seems like they cropped/zoomed because it was originally shot in letterbox aspect so even tho its technically HD, it all looks like its vhs.

again, not huge deals but they weigh against.

also darlene straight diming her own twin brother is a regrettable piece of writing, i hope they can sell me on it somehow.

Load Metric
    Second episode of this season felt like we were getting back to living Elliot's psychosis. The zoloft/work/emoji sequences kind of had a Requiem for a Dream feel to it. I always enjoy the story lines when I am not quite sure who is real and who is being imagined which at this point could be everyone. Sad that old girl got snuffed out, because she is ridiculously hot. Was not a fan of the scene with the Chinaman and the old guy. Much better episode than the first one though.

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: great shout- it was similar to requiem

Load Metric
    They killed the hot chick now I have lost sexual interest.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Second episode of this season felt like we were getting back to living Elliot's psychosis. The zoloft/work/emoji sequences kind of had a Requiem for a Dream feel to it. I always enjoy the story lines when I am not quite sure who is real and who is being imagined which at this point could be everyone. Sad that old girl got snuffed out, because she is ridiculously hot. Was not a fan of the scene with the Chinaman and the old guy. Much better episode than the first one though.

i agree, the scene with chinaman and old guy was unfortunate.

i liked that line 'dont confuse my generosity with generosity' but the whole thing felt very out of joint to me, for those characters to be pulling rank on each other or whatever.

also frankly i think the whole china <3's bitcoin narrative is lazy. they should have just done like yuancoin or something.

and i cant think of any single accord that would be negatively impacted by china choosing their own currency, it just makes no sense.

i really, really liked the scene in the shrinks home office. that was well executed. and i dont recall any of the first episode feeling well executed so its easy to say this was a huge improvement. also the zoloft/work/fbi sequence was fucking strong.

and i like not being entirely sure if elliot's working 100% in a honeypot created by blondie, who is conspiring with mr robot to subvert elliot's efforts and make sure phase 2 happens.

the scene with the bjork getting shot was ok. i mean, for american tv it was great but i feel like i've seen that whole scene in like 3 early takeshi kitano movies.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    i'm normally not a harsh critic about these sort of things, but Christian Slater is the worst fucking actor

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    i'm normally not a harsh critic about these sort of things, but Christian Slater is the worst fucking actor

Hold up, he's an actor? I just thought he was playing Christian Slater.

Also after last season I feel things are moving more rapidly now, puzzles solved faster, situations progress... just weird after being stuck in his mind all last year.

Makes me think the shows existence won't be long, maybe 1-2 more years tops.

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric

My buy in for Christian Slater in that show is 100 percent but I haven't enjoyed this season nearly as much as the others so far. It's early though

Load Metric

there is iron in these words.

Load Metric
    fucking great episode.

weird trivia:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 1.20.52 AM.png
Views: 211
Size:  645.6 KB

majestic:~$ curl -v http://192.251.68.238
    * Rebuilt URL to: http://192.251.68.238/
    * Trying 192.251.68.238...
    * TCP_NODELAY set
    * Connected to 192.251.68.238 (192.251.68.238) port 80 (#0)
    > GET / HTTP/1.1
    > Host: 192.251.68.238
    > User-Agent: curl/7.54.0
    > Accept: */*
    >
    * HTTP 1.0, assume close after body
    < HTTP/1.0 302 Found
    < Location: http://y9bukwer.bxjyb2jvda.net/
    < Server: BigIP
    * HTTP/1.0 connection set to keep alive!
    < Connection: Keep-Alive
    < Content-Length: 0
    <
    * Connection #0 to host 192.251.68.238 left intact

$ whois bxjyb2jvda.net
    Domain Name: BXJYB2JVDA.NET
    Registry Domain ID: 2024340632_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.markmonitor.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.markmonitor.com
    Updated Date: 2016-04-26T21:20:04Z
    Creation Date: 2016-04-26T21:20:03Z
    Registry Expiry Date: 2018-04-26T21:20:03Z
    Registrar: MarkMonitor Inc.
    Registrar IANA ID: 292
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: abusecomplaints@markmonitor.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.2083895740
    Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientDeleteProhibited
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientUpdateProhibited
    Name Server: NS1.NBCUNI.COM
    Name Server: NS2.NBCUNI.COM
    Name Server: NS3.NBCUNI.COM
    Name Server: NS4.NBCUNI.COM
    Name Server: NS5.NBCUNI.COM
    Name Server: NS6.NBCUNI.COM

lol no fucking way:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 1.28.29 AM.png
Views: 250
Size:  800.9 KB
    Last edited by sonatine; 10-26-2017 at 06:48 AM.

Load Metric
    deleted from net because apparently that WAS joey bada$$ in the jail scene but he looked hecka different to me for some reason.

but according to joey bada$$, hes back:

its weird tho because he sure as shit isnt on the imdb cast list for tonights ep... so im a bit confused.
    Last edited by sonatine; 10-25-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Load Metric
    I really liked Episode 2- although understandably disappointing the scene where Joanna and the body guard get shot is so unexpected

And the cliffhanger at the end with Elliot following the trail back to the FBI's basement

I also really like that new smooth character, the one who couldn't get his free milkshake- Irving

Thumbs up from me so far
    BALLIN'!!

Plutonium Brittney Griner's Clit's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Whoa dude I think the show has to be out for a little longer than this for just blatant spoilers. Some of us are watching Riverdale and Dynasty for fucks sake.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks Spunk Bucket View Post
    I really liked Episode 2- although understandably disappointing the scene where Joanna and the body guard get shot is so unexpected

And the cliffhanger at the end with Elliot following the trail back to the FBI's basement

I also really like that new smooth character, the one who couldn't get his free milkshake- Irving

Thumbs up from me so far
    Agreed, that first ep had me worried honestly but its picking up speed.

By the by, that smooth fixer character, thats Bobby Cannavale from Vinyl / Boardwalk Empire.

It's fucking amazing what he can do with a good script and proper direction.

Load Metric
    I think that was the best episode of the entire series.

Very Gaspar Noe.

Load Metric
    gotta wonder if slaters going to be involved in the next season, this is not a great time in history to double down on past misdeeds:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/christ...s-bad-boy-past

Load Metric
    so good.

Load Metric
    jesus christ....

Thread Information