Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
Quote Originally Posted by thesparten View Post

I understand and agree with the 2nd paragraph..

Can u please elaborate on the first..

It was late stage. 4 from bubbke. I had 63k. He had 67k. I think the blinds were 1.5k/3k.. Sometimes people force u to play there bingo. Or fold..
Whenever you post a hand for advice it's important to include all the information about what the stacks are and blinds to get the best answer possible because all of this can come into play.

At higher blind levels usually right before the ante comes into play if you are making it 3x the BB preflop coming into the pot unless everyone is really deep like 50bb or something this is excessive. Most players who win at MTTs are opening for anywhere between a min raise to 2.5x which even 2.5bbs is on the higher side. Their are a a lot of reasons which I can't get into all of them right now but it's mostly to control the pot size having the maneuverability to play the hand in various ways and in shallow stack poker a lot of times you will get the steal through which is what you want to accomplish when stealing blinds risking the minimum to win them while staying balanced with your bigger hands too.

In this hand if you were to get re-raised (3bet) preflop are you folding? You shouldn't be folding JJ here imo and if you did come in for a min raise pre (assuming nobody has limped in) their is a chance the pot don't have to be bloated to all in on the flop which in this it's better you do get it in there but I'm just speaking in general.

For 21BBs you should be willing to stack off here and when you say 4 off the bubble not that this impacts the decision completely but same with the AK hand how many places are paying here? If we are talking about 12 places paying like in that hand this is still a long way from cashing since you need 25% of the field left to bust to get paid.
I was going over what u said, I'm still learning all the poker lingo.. And let's be honest the written word isn't my forte. You have some, if not the best literary word around here.

I was feeling I kinda blew it by being excessive..I gitto shake that bingo style that is common on low levels..next time more methodical. Like your weighting style..tx