Thread: cause of the day: confederate flag nonsense..kanye calls it "his flag"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

cause of the day: confederate flag nonsense..kanye calls it "his flag"

only took senseless race killings to revisit this and to probe the meanings from liberal america. for me, i never really thought too much about the confederate flag.

to me it was wasn't about racism but more about stupid southern rednecks who had the flags and insignia's on/around their trucks, belt buckles and another trashy stuff to look cool and embrace the south....i always laughed at these half wit molly hatchet listening donkey's.

only a couple of years ago that idiot kanye west put it on his line of clothing. i guess you can make anything cool if you want to,..and stand behind it if it makes you money.

Kanye West wears Confederate flag jacket, says 'it's my flag'

The Confederate flag: a symbol of racism for some, but a fashion choice for Kanye West.
    The rapper was spotted Saturday wearing a jacket emblazoned with the flag after being criticized for featuring it on merchandise for his current “Yeezus” concert tour, People reports.
    In an interview Monday with Los Angeles radio station 97.1 AMP, West explained why the former flag of Southern states during the Civil War made its way into his merchandise.
    “You know, the Confederate flag represented slavery in a way – that's my abstract take on what I know about it,” he said, according to People. “So I made the song 'New Slaves.' So I took the Confederate flag and made it my flag. It's my flag. Now what are you going to do?"
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Agree with Kanye here for once.

He's using the same logic that many oppressed groups use. Same reason blacks called each other n-word or gays used the term queer or fags. Logic being once you adopt it as something of your, own people can't use those things or words to oppress you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reappropriation

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    lol.

i think pfa has quite a few political artists as well.
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    haha thats one way to get rednecks to stop using it, once they see Kanye wearing it theyre gonna be pissed

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    media is awful. the internet is become awful as well. autoplay and adsense are over the top everywhere on most highly visible sites. everything is tabloid and stirring shit up is the norm. race baiting and faux causes lead the way. the media is going to bring down the usa. can't wait for the real life version of the running man show

Comments

tyde: thanks for doing more than your fair share to make the internet even more awful

smithbk: rep rebate Tuesday

Load Metric

Comments

bukowski72: I always just lump any song like this as being .38 Special...saves my few extra braincells
    (•_•) ..
    ∫\ \___( •_•)
    _∫∫ _∫∫ɯ \ \

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy
    I'd say good luck in the freeroll but I'm pretty sure you'll go on a bender to self-sabotage yourself & miss it completely or use it as the excuse of why you didn't cash.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey Guy View Post
    Name:  126477992964675.gif
Views: 320
Size:  118.9 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by LegalizeMeth View Post
    haha thats one way to get rednecks to stop using it, once they see Kanye wearing it theyre gonna be pissed
    No.

He will gain respect from them.

The Confederate flag means rebellion from an oppressive majority. I can see why Kane West would appreciate that.

Here's to you Kayne.

Name:  csa.jpeg
Views: 218
Size:  11.2 KBName:  csa.jpeg
Size:  11.2 KB
Size:  11.2 KBName:  csa.jpeg
Size:  11.2 KB