Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: caught doing 85 in a 45 (construction zone)

Load Metric

caught doing 85 in a 45 (construction zone)

I showed up for my 1st court date w/o a lawyer(I didn't hire one because im a cheap prick) they offered me a $600 dollar fine, and a conviction on my record, I declined the offer and got a new court date so that I can hire a lawyer.Anyone have any suggestions for a lawyer? Did I do the right thing by turning down the offer?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chesnoff & Schonfeld

As for turning it down I would have too but legal representation won't be cheap. The key is to try to keep it off your record which will save you money with insurance,etc...

Load Metric
    I should mention im in illinois.Yeah trying to keep ins rates from going up

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    Chesnoff & Schonfeld

As for turning it down I would have too but legal representation won't be cheap. The key is to try to keep it off your record which will save you money with insurance,etc...
    Gonna start calling around today, any idea how much I should be paying?

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    I showed up for my 1st court date w/o a lawyer(I didn't hire one because im a cheap prick) they offered me a $600 dollar fine, and a conviction on my record, I declined the offer and got a new court date so that I can hire a lawyer.Anyone have any suggestions for a lawyer? Did I do the right thing by turning down the offer?

based on my experience in Oregon being charged with a bullshit DUI and resisting arrest....

tell them to shove it up their ass....hire a cheap attorney...plead not guilty across the board....request a jury trial....reject every bullshit offer the prosecutor/city offers you.....call the police department from a blocked number and tell them to suck Nazi n-word cocks....reschedule any court appearances....call police department in the middle of the night when you're wasted and tell them they are pig pieces of shit... tell your cheap ass attorney to get off his fat ass and file motions to dismiss...send profane and racist hate mail to all of the local city council members...start harassing the mayors office daily and threaten to go to the media with claims of blatant municipal level fraud....get drunk again and hide in the bushes somewhere and throw a brick at oncoming patrol units....run....escape....come home and make more phone calls to police station telling them you are going to take a massive shit on the police chiefs lawn before you fuck up his car with kerosene and aircraft quality paint remover....go to mailbox a week before your scheduled court date.....sit back in a comfortable chair with a fat bone and a tall boy....spark up fat bone...open tall boy and take a nice drink....read letter informing you your case has been dismissed and all charges dropped

those are the cliffs basically

feel free to improvise where you see fit

GL

Comments

big dick: gold

Mdwst Hstlr: .

Muck Ficon: LOL. All solid advice.

NaturalBornHustler: GOD

mwh72: Talent for the game
    Last edited by tyde; 07-06-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Load Metric
    Forgot to mention that the cop will not be in court on the next court date because he will be on vacation.I was caught on radar, this is a fucking problem.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post

based on my experience in Oregon being charged with a bullshit DUI and resisting arrest....

tell them to shove it up their ass....hire a cheap attorney...plead not guilty across the board....request a jury trial....reject every bullshit offer the prosecutor/city offers you.....call the police department from a blocked number and tell them to suck Nazi n-word cocks....reschedule any court appearances....call police department in the middle of the night when you're wasted and tell them they are pig pieces of shit... tell your cheap ass attorney to get off his fat ass and file motions to dismiss...send profane and racist hate mail to all of the local city council members...start harassing the majors office daily and threaten to go to the media with claims of blatant municipal level fraud....get drunk again and hide in the bushes somewhere and throw a brick at oncoming patrol units....run....escape....come home and make more phone calls to police station telling them you are going to take a massive shit on the police chiefs lawn before you fuck up his car with kerosene and aircraft quality paint remover....go to mailbox a week before your scheduled court date.....sit back in a comfortable chair with a fat bone and a tall boy....spark up fat bone...open tall boy and take a nice drink....read letter informing you your case has been dismissed and all charges dropped

those are the cliffs basically

feel free to improvise where you see fit

GL
    Such talent

Banned
    Load Metric
    Forgot to mention that the cop will not be in court on the next court date because he will be on vacation.I was caught on radar, this is a fucking problem.

write down police officers full name with his badge number, date of birth, and home address if possible.....come home....log on computer....go to www.godaddy.com ..... purchase (officers full name) .com.....begin to surf white supremacist and interracial homosexual websites....save as many vile pictures as possible to dropbox or other cloud storage site.... save png files of swastika's.....create custom photoshops with black cocks in the officers mouth wearing Nazi attire....create one page website designed specifically to index on search engines under the most offensive and/or foul keywords you can think of....launch website....send link to arresting officer and everyone else working for the city....call police department again and tell them you are just getting warmed up...laugh...hang up...get stoned

Load Metric
    x
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 07-06-2015 at 12:53 PM. Reason: duplicate
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Attorney: William Kunstler or Ronald Kuby

(long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Yeah, not sure how can fight it if they have you on radar. I've heard you can try to go after the radar gun itself, your argument being the gun hasn't recently received maintenance , but that's a long shot.

You can always take Marty's advice and spend the rest of your life running from the law in Mexico.

Your pal,
    The gook

Comments

tyde: you do realize that there is more to life than me right ? you may want to find another hobby

Load Metric
    Did you get tagged in one of what I call the "mythical construction zones" in Illinois? Where basically they put up like 35 miles of construction and do no fucking work on it.

Literally for three years on 88 between Aurora and the 290 exit they did zero work but had 45mph construction cones up.

You might be better arguing that it wasn't really a construction zone if that is the case.

The problem is doing 40 over invites little sympathy from the court.

An attorney might also be able to get you off on a technicality, like they didn't' sign something or do something in proper fashion

Load Metric
    I didn't see any but the cop said a few workers were in the area.This faggot lives for writing tickets and fucking people, he showed up to court with a binder full of tickets and notes ect. He is a real gung ho type of cop, 4 years on the force, and trying to make work his way up the ranks as fast as possible.A complete faggot really.

Load Metric
    That's what happens when you drive a Genesis. You prob thought you were driving 60 the fucker is so smooth.

Load Metric
    In Florida, they have this little 'something' called ticket court. Its actually like a law firm of sorts that mitigates tickets for lol traffic tickets but you pay $100. A total racket but legal and run by the State, go figure. So its actually 100% a legal State run racket in a sense.

If your State/county offers one of these traffic courts of counsel for like a small fee (less than a lawyer) you'll always be able to plea out, or to a more minimal offense if you pay up (RACKETT)...

Also if thats not an option worse case scenario is take the points, then go to traffic school which most are afforded once every 'x amt of years' to offset the points. Cop obviously wanted to fuck you good, in a construction zone, so that wont make it easier, but in the grand scheme of things its a traffic ticket so nothing to sweat really.

gl

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

Did you get tagged in one of what I call the "mythical construction zones" in Illinois? Where basically they put up like 35 miles of construction and do no fucking work on it.

Literally for three years on 88 between Aurora and the 290 exit they did zero work but had 45mph construction cones up.

You might be better arguing that it wasn't really a construction zone if that is the case.

The problem is doing 40 over invites little sympathy from the court.

An attorney might also be able to get you off on a technicality, like they didn't' sign something or do something in proper fashion
    They do this in Memphis too. Orange and white barrels as far as the eye can see and not one Mexican within 10 miles.

Tyde laying down some solid legal advice itt. Another example of PFA out classing that grey dump.

Load Metric
    Easy solution to an easy problem

Comments

Indyrick: cant argue with this

Serial Fail: Beat me to it

big dick: truth

Load Metric
    Be happy they didn't find the dead hooker in your trunk, cut your losses and pay the fine.

Comments

Krypt: This

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooh View Post
    That's what happens when you drive a Genesis. You prob thought you were driving 60 the fucker is so smooth.

a KOREAN car... What a f joke

Load Metric
    Looks like you can't fix a ticket in Illinois like you can in some states like Nevada. Best info I found was here...

http://illinois.drivinguniversity.co...eeding-ticket/

If you can, it's important to keep speeding tickets off of your driving record. Your insurance company will use them as an excuse to send your auto insurance rates through the roof. In Illinois, there are a couple of different ways to do this. The easiest is to request court supervision. Most Illinois courts will allow you to use this option two times each year. Court supervision means that as long as you attend defensive driving school as promised, the conviction won't show up on your record. In order to keep the ticket off your record, you must do three things: 1) Obtain agreement from the court, 2) Take a court-approved defensive driving course, and 3) make sure that the court receives proof that you completed the course within the allotted time
    Start dialing tomorrow and asking questions. Lawyer ain't going to be cheap, but with 40+ over the limit it might be a wise decision. Good thing they didn't charge you with reckless driving as well.

http://www.avvo.com/speeding-traffic...lawyer/il.html

And yes, IMO you did the right thing not taking the offer. If you can get this knocked down to a parking ticket and still pay the same fine + lawyers fees that's a big win in my book.

Comments

big dick: thanks vegas very nice of you

Thread Information